93 replies to this topic

#1 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:07 PM

hope all you wonderful Americans had a great Turkey day.... I'm a little worried about Timothy though...haven't seen him around for a couple days...hmmm

#2 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:21 PM

Each year my family has its dinner later and later. Strange. In a few years, Thanksgiving dinner will be a midnight snack. Gonna head over there in a couple hours. My grandma is cooking two turkeys this year.
Surprise, surprise, surprise!

#3 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:26 PM

My usually eats late, and that's probably why I've always eaten so late. My bro is in the kitchen turning out some killer food. I'd guess we'll be eating around 8 or 9. Got into Texas last night, boy were there some screw ass drivers out there. Apparently the left lane is where everybody goes slow these days. Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving everybody.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#4 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:04 PM

We had a traditional leg of lamb.
Show me your dragon magic

#5 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,662 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:37 PM

Had a nice lunch w/ the fam this afternoon. Enjoy your holiday everyone!

Apparently the left lane is where everybody goes slow these days.

Welcome to my personal hell.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#6 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:38 AM

Just unreal, I often passed entire groups of peeps in the right lane, everybody was in the middle and left lane. Fuckin' tards. One thing I have to say about Texas though, for the most part they yield the left lane. I remember years ago my Mom told me that and I didn't believe her. Then I visited and people actually got out of the way. Not always, but enough to make it noticeable. It makes it so much easier to travel when they just scoot over. I75 from Tampa to the top of the state was the worst though, brutal traffic and people driving like maniacs (lots of drivers who were weaving in and out of lanes.) I've also decided that I just don't like the state of Louisiana that much. San Antonio looks cool though, my wife and I split a huge burrito there and some nachos.

#7 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:41 AM

Also Thanksgiving feast was fantastic, my brother is a great cook. I did all the dishes tonight, took me over an hour. The kitchen looked so horrible though, I just couldn't go to bed without cleaning it up. My other brother is hilarious and tells such great stories. Can't wait to get up tomorrow and eat some more.

#8 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,662 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:36 AM

San Antonio is a great town...well worth a visit.
Sister burn the temple

#9 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:01 PM

I wanna gooooooooooooooo!

#10 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:45 AM

We were stuck for two hours on I10 this evening right outside of Layfette Louisiana. There was a huge wreck about a mile ahead of us. I'm not sure how many people died but it was the worst car accident scene I had ever seen in my life. When we finally got to drive through, it looked like a cross between the aftermath of a tornado and a war zone. Three lanes wide, with personal belongings, and car parts scattered for about 100 yards. A semi which was off the road and smashed in, a truck that was crunched from both ends, almost folded in half. Another truck/SUV that was completely decimated, it literally looked like it had been blown up by a roadside bomb. It was really sad to see, I'm certain there were a few fatalities, I just don't know how many for sure. Funny though, was for about an hour or so after the wreck, everybody drove like angels. Nobody stayed in the left lane longer than the time needed to pass. People used signals, went slower, and didn't act like they had before. Driving through that scene obviously got everybody together. It was an extremely violent accident without a doubt.

#11 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:25 AM

http://www.klfy.com/....asp?s=11589503

Five deaths.
Show me your dragon magic

#12 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:10 PM

That's actually a little down the road and earlier than mine. I found that last night when I looked. Mine was this one:

http://www.katc.com/...0-wreck-update/

Shortly after we made it through to I 12 my wife fell asleep and we drove into Mississippi and it was all I thought about. I woke up this morning and I can't get the image out of my head. It was just awful. I feel bad for the families, because you know they were more than likely coming home from seeing them.

#13 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:35 PM

What did you like about it?

I drove through it on the way back during the daytime hours and it looked pretty cool. RE prices are CHEAP compared to other cities. I like the different styles of architecture and the landscape. I also think I would like the climate. My wife took issue with all the cowboy hats and Texas flags everywhere though, lol. I'd like to get deeper in the community and check it out. Like I said, you can get a lot of house for the moola, which I like. Property tax rates are higher than Florida though, and the damn homeowners insurance isn't cheaper either. Which surprised me. I guess they make the entire state pay for the hurricane areas.

#14 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,662 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:35 PM

What did you like about it?

I drove through it on the way back during the daytime hours and it looked pretty cool. RE prices are CHEAP compared to other cities. I like the different styles of architecture and the landscape. I also think I would like the climate. My wife took issue with all the cowboy hats and Texas flags everywhere though, lol. I'd like to get deeper in the community and check it out. Like I said, you can get a lot of house for the moola, which I like. Property tax rates are higher than Florida though, and the damn homeowners insurance isn't cheaper either. Which surprised me. I guess they make the entire state pay for the hurricane areas.

The canal is great and there's a surprising mix in the area of Spanish and German populations, meaning you can get some good chow.
Sister burn the temple

#15 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:45 PM

Yea I think that rolls over to the architecture too, it's a real nice variety. My parents live in a rural area that is settled by Germans, hill country, and I took made sure to eat some of the food while I was there. Today I saw four more wrecks,including a roll over (mini cooper), although none looked as bad as the night before. The rain was horrible half the day and I had to go slow. I just got home a bit ago. Whipped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users