TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:05 PM

http://www.guardian....ia-rape-amnesty

An Islamist rebel administration in Somalia has had a 13-year-old girl stoned to death for adultery after the child's father reported that she was raped by three men.

Amnesty International said al-Shabab militia, which controls the southern city of Kismayo, arranged for 50 men to stone Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow in front of about 1,000 spectators. A lorry load of stones was brought to the stadium for the killing.
Show me your dragon magic

#2 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:17 PM

If I were a mason....
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#3 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:50 PM

It is an effort to not use incidents like this to create a bigoted understanding of one of the worlds biggest religions. At times, I'm forced to wonder...is Islam a pissed off teenager, at 1300 years? Because that's not far removed from when Christians went on their crusades. Is it just a phase?
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#4 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:03 AM

I don't know really. My son was telling me that the Christians were trying to combat both the anglos and the muslims at the same time? I don't know where he picked that up from but hey? he's the one with the 150 IQ? I did explain about the split between RC and Protestants but he said that was irrelevant. I got scared and talked sports & he got angry and we didn't speak for the ride home....He's very competitive. He actually took down a kid half his size in lacrosse today. Even though it was a procedural face off, he jumped all over this kid. He's a pissa to watch play he scored twice too. Little fucker I love him.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#5 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:57 AM

http://www.guardian....ia-rape-amnesty

An Islamist rebel administration in Somalia has had a 13-year-old girl stoned to death for adultery after the child's father reported that she was raped by three men.

Amnesty International said al-Shabab militia, which controls the southern city of Kismayo, arranged for 50 men to stone Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow in front of about 1,000 spectators. A lorry load of stones was brought to the stadium for the killing.

I always say that these guys are 14th century barbarians....although that kinda goes along with what Freedom is saying. Growing phase? I dunno, it's my impression they aren't interested in "growing up" any time soon.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#6 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:16 PM

I think this really has little to do with religion itself - it's pretty hard to argue that something is 700 years behind the times with instant worldwide communication. Religion is just an excuse for these people to justify their barbarism.

#7 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:52 PM

It's basterdized theology & theologists that leads to all these religious nut jobs.

#8 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:06 AM

http://news.bbc.co.u...ast/6681511.stm

#9 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:26 PM

it made me sick to read this :(

#10 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:37 AM

I think this really has little to do with religion itself - it's pretty hard to argue that something is 700 years behind the times with instant worldwide communication. Religion is just an excuse for these people to justify their barbarism.

While, I agree. I too can sympathise(not really; perhaps pity, nope-understand???). These fucks rely on 1300 year old traditions to settle disputes(the Ulama). As the Koran is infallible, the only thing that retard religions have to rely on is their holy book. It is the same shit going today with the child rapists in the Catholic Church.

#11 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:46 AM

Too, the internet is a relatively recent phenomenon. And, a couple of generations ago, they were living the same as those did at the time of the conquests. Until recently, most Muslims were agrarian, or nomadic. It was the move to the cities, and the disruption inherent, that nationalism found its base. Of course, their hatred for British imperialism was merely transformed to the new imperialists, post WW ll as we expected the same capitulations.

#12 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:06 PM

http://friendlyathei...-being-raped-2/

#13 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:38 PM

To quote the article:

“He told me that I should be happy that I didn’t live in Old Testament times because I would have been stoned.”

Apparently, "Old Testament times" = the Middle East.

That said, if she had stood up from her chair and slit that fuckers throat, I'd want him to apologize for the responsibility he had.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#14 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:38 PM

Old but somehow a most read story at BBC.com

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/5217424.stm

#15 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:39 PM

Another....

http://dlcc.wiredfor.../?action_KEY=28

More from the same story

http://www.dlcc.org/node/1972

You might remember Republican State Sen. Dennis Nolan of Nevada from last week, when he was caught on tape allegedly offering to bribe the witness in a rape trial to change her story. (You can listen to the audio here.)

Well, this story just got much, much uglier. Sen. Nolan has now posted an open letter on his campaign website claiming he feels “compelled to believe the sex was consensual” because the 16-year-old victim had been “very sexually active” prior to the rape, and because (“as a side note,” he says) 42% of Nevada teenagers have been sexually active before age 16.

Just to reiterate, this is a man whose job it is to write laws, including the laws used to prosecute sexual assault. This man has no business serving in any public office – he needs to resign, immediately.

This is the sort of document that eventually gets scrubbed from a campaign website, so we’ll quote from the screen-shots we took:

As a side note in Nevada, approximately 42% of all teens ages 12-16, admit to having had intercourse, about 25% of them admit to having multiple partners.(Council of Chief of State Schools Officers), Is it right? NO! Is it right for adults to engage in sex with minors? NO! But sadly, it is happening, and that’s the fact.

Knowing this young lady, reading the case and observing her behavior before and after the incident, I am compelled to believe the sex was consensual. She was very sexually active and, according to court records, had an abortion just two weeks prior to the alleged sexual assault (this is now public record). Was it right? NO!

Nolan also lashes out against the victim’s father, accusing him of being a pedophile:

My call to the “alleged” victim’s sister, Mr. Lawes' ex-wife, who is an acquaintance, was made only after I received information that both young women were abused as children by their father and that he may be continuing to “control them” as abusers often do. The possibility that the very person publicly accusing me of “defending a SEX OFFENDER, being FRIENDS with a RAPIST “ may himself have been or may be an abuser, is maddening.

And as for the answering machine message – the one where he tells a witness from the case that it would be “very financially beneficial" to change her story? Nolan has an explanation for that too:

I made two calls to the woman pleading with her to talk to me and offering to assist in getting the help she needed to stand up to her father and regain custody of her children. They went unanswered, I left a third message implying “someone” could compensate her if she would tell the truth “about what was going on”. The Nevada Legislative Counsel Bureau Legal Division issued a written legal opinion which stated clearly, this did not constitute “attempted bribery”! These allegations are just plain lies!

Clearly. Nolan’s logic is that he offered someone else’s money, therefore it couldn’t have been a bribe. Just like this girl could not have been raped because some other teenage girls are sexually active. And just like being sexually active even once means that all future sexual activity is consensual.

This kind of disgusting rhetoric – especially coming from an elected official – is exactly why sexual assault is one of the most underreported crimes in the country. Victims have to worry about whether they’ll be believed at all and whether their reputations will be dragged through the mud by people like Dennis Nolan.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users