29 replies to this topic

#1 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:48 PM

If i used moviemaker and pieced together favorite scenes from movies and used one of my songs over it and placed on the credits u could buy said song on Itunes?
Think u can draft the ultimate band? Sign up and compete against fellow Syndicate members:http://www.thegnrsyn...id=41300#p41300

#2 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:50 PM

You could get into trouble for using the properties for commercial use. It would really deppend on the copyright owners of said properties.

#3 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:00 PM

wonder how i could get around that... people do those mash up vids all the time.....
Think u can draft the ultimate band? Sign up and compete against fellow Syndicate members:http://www.thegnrsyn...id=41300#p41300

#4 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:00 PM

wonder how i could get around that... people do those mash up vids all the time.....

#5 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:24 PM

If the copyright holders is a big company they would sue you , it would be to costly. they may send you a C and D though.

#6 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:26 PM

There is only one true way to find out...
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#7 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:27 PM

Did that photographer guy or his lawyers ever get in touch with you , sir??

#8 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:03 AM

haha....nope. Guess bluebois friend didn't mind it after all huh? Aside from that I had to laugh about "stealing" music from GnR. Unknown to him I actually asked if it would be OK, and the answer was "Share the love." Of course Jarmo decided to answer for his band by claiming I would complain if they asked me to stop it. Which was total bullshit, since I already asked, and he was taking it upon himself to speak for the band. Just as I said then, if anybody said they didn't like it, I'd take the offending material down. As for D, it sounds like it would be a lot of work just to get a C&D. Although if he really wants to get sued I can probably figure something out.

#9 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:38 AM

hahahaha! Ill share my idea I have a song and it wasn't intentional i swear but I promise u it fits those fucking Twilight Movies PERFECTLY.. i mean seriously... where it is such the rage right now, i figured if i splice together the best love scenes that fit my song and had the song playing over it and put it on Youtube, with a great job of splicing together the "Best of" love scenes, those twilight folks would hopefully find it and im guessing it could get some major hits etc... my thought process was.. say it got 100k hits. maybe thats impossible but just for shits and giggles it gets 100k hits.... lets say out of 100k people, 5k like the song and buy it. thats 5 grand! and 5k out of 100k is a very very small percentage... Im def no Axl Rose but i think its possible for at least 5 percent of people to like it. of course i wouldn't want to get sued... but there are thousands of those vids.. so would it be a needle in a haystack effect?

#10 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:34 PM

You might run into trouble when you make money. Because you used their image to sell something and make profit off it. If you were just doing it for fun it may be something else entirely..maybe.

#11 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:27 PM

so wonder if i didn't advertise the song but paid attention to comments and if anyone asked about it, say "U can get that song here" ..... slippery slope.......

#12 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:07 AM

hahahaha!

Ill share my idea

I have a song and it wasn't intentional i swear but I promise u it fits those fucking Twilight Movies PERFECTLY.. i mean seriously...

where it is such the rage right now, i figured if i splice together the best love scenes that fit my song and had the song playing over it and put it on Youtube, with a great job of splicing together the "Best of" love scenes, those twilight folks would hopefully find it and im guessing it could get some major hits etc...

my thought process was.. say it got 100k hits. maybe thats impossible but just for shits and giggles it gets 100k hits.... lets say out of 100k people, 5k like the song and buy it. thats 5 grand! and 5k out of 100k is a very very small percentage... Im def no Axl Rose but i think its possible for at least 5 percent of people to like it.

of course i wouldn't want to get sued... but there are thousands of those vids.. so would it be a needle in a haystack effect?

Donate all profits to some charity, and you might find that the studio would be on-board. And, even if not, financial incentive in any civil trial is paramount. So, it would be a win/win. You get the publicity as does the studio for its contribution to some noble cause.

But, try to find a relevant charity... something to do with the GoM... cleaning oiled birds, a fund for workers that have lost work. Who the hell would be against that?

#13 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:48 AM

They would just tell Youtube to take it down...if they cared.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#14 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:22 PM

I wish I had time on my hands such as D... just sayin

#15 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:42 PM

I heard D is currently reading this...
http://www.amazon.co...79500097&sr=1-1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users