#1023 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:37 AM

Man crushed to death by giant crucifix dedicated to Pope

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#1024 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:48 AM

^ Smited?

#1025 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:11 AM

Of all the made up religions – which is all of them – Mormonism has to be my favorite – narrowly beating out Scientology and Raelianism for pure ridiculousness. It’s so obviously false I often wonder how anyone was ever taken in by it, never mind 60% of a US state and the entire Romney family, who all seem as well educated as they are freshly scrubbed.  

Mormons recently held their semiannual General Conference for the Mormon Church in Salt Lake City. Which means area hotels are still cleaning up the empty bottles, ashes, vomit, condoms, and dead fish. Neil Andersen, an elder in the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles (Collect them all!), defied the trends and reiterated the Mormon church's stance on gay sex and gay marriage: it’s still yucky. 

“While many governments and well-meaning individuals have redefined marriage, the Lord has not,” said Neil. Though he did say that Mormons who “struggle with same-sex attraction” are of “special concern.” Which is nice. Also patronizing. 

But hey, Neil knows what you need, homos. According to Mormon doctrine/delusion, as a member of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles, Andersen is a living prophet and God speaks through him. Yes, they want you to believe God is currently speaking through that guy over there, and his name is Neil.

Of course, the Mormon Church has been through this kind of social upheaval before. In 1890, when polygamy was making America think the Mormons were a creepy sex cult, the head of the church simply got a revelation from God that polygamy wasn’t kosher anymore, and the Church ended the practice. In 1978, when the Church’s stance on black people – that they were cursed by God and could not serve as priests in the church – was attracting similar scorn, the head of the Church got another “revelation”: “Hey, guess what guys! God told me blacks are okay!” Which I’m sure was good news to all those missionaries trying to sell Mormonism in Namibia. 

Now, I love revelations. Especially ones that are self-serving and politically driven. After all, nobody watches the opinion polls like God. So, how long will it be before the Mormon Church’s stance on gay marriage makes it look completely out of touch and once again God decides to whisper in the ear of someone like Neil Anderson? I’m guessing sometime in the next ten years. 

Can’t wait. I just wish God would talk to me instead of Neil, that lucky bastard.

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#1026 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:25 PM

10312450_10152364579471880_5012775560176

#1027 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:59 PM

The Supreme Court on Monday ruled that a town in upstate New York may begin its public meetings with a prayer from a “chaplain of the month.”

Justice Anthony M. Kennedy, writing for the majority in the 5-to-4 decision, said “ceremonial prayer is but a recognition that, since this nation was founded and until the present day, many Americans deem that their own existence must be understood by precepts far beyond that authority of government to alter or define.”

In dissent, Justice Elena Kagan said the town’s practices could not be reconciled “with the First Amendment’s promise that every citizen, irrespective of her religion, owns an equal share of her government.”

#1028 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:38 AM

I'm guessing after the SCOTUS ruling we'll see more of this?

#1029 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:27 PM

That's unbelievable...but not really. 

But again, that's the point. Are all religions welcome now for an opening prayer? All the xenophobes are going to OK when Deepak comes in one day to throw the opening pitch?

#1030 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:31 PM

A little more on that. The end is stupid, but the meat n' taters is the first 80% or so. 

#1031 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:52 PM

^ ^ Cunts!

#1032 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:52 PM

https://www.youtube....vz0mmF6NW4#t=83

#1033 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:38 PM

Some serious LULZ here:

Less than three days after the Supreme Court ruled in Town of Greece v. Galloway that prayers before town meetings did not violate the Constitution’s ban on endorsing religion, a self-styled Satanist in Deerfield Beach, Florida has asked city officials to let him open a meeting with a Satanic prayer.

Chaz Stevens — who made headlines last December when he forced Florida Governor Rick Scott to allow him to erect an 8-foot-tall Festivus pole made of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer cans next to Deerfield Beach’s nativity manger — told the New Times that he recently converted from “Pabstfestidian” because “Satan is a cool dude.”

“Think of all the people he’s in charge of,” Stevens said. “Do you want to be stuck listening to harp music in the afterlife? Hell no. I want to drink beer and hang with hookers.”

He then tacked to a more serious course, adding “I just want equal billing. We allow various religious nutjobs to give a prayer. They pray to Jesus who is make-believe, god who is make-believe, why not Satan who is make-believe?”

“Why discriminate against one make-believe god over another?” he continued. “Satan and I are being circumvented. The city of Deerfield Beach has once again declared war on religion — and this time it’s Satanism.”

Raw Story spoke to Stevens this morning, who said that he had contacted City Attorney Andrew Maurodis and was told that he had “no comment” on the status of the request.

The full text of Stevens letter to the Deerfield Beach city council reads as follows:

Dear City of Deerfield Beach;

With the recent US Supreme Court ruling allowing “prayer before Commission meetings” and seeking the rights granted to others, I hereby am requesting I be allowed to open a Commission meeting praying for my God, my divine spirit, my Dude in Charge.

Be advised, I am a Satanist.
Let me know when this is good for you.
Stevens also shared with Raw Story a request he sent to Sherrie Routt, an Administrative Assistant with the Department of Management, to open a session of the Florida state Senate with a prayer to Satan:

Good morning to you. Hope all is well. I have two items that I need assistance with.

1. I’d like to (once again) install my PBR Festivus Pole in the Rotunda during the upcoming winter holiday season.
2. Given the recent US Supreme Court ruling (City of Greece, NY), I would like to open up a Session with a prayer to my god Satan. Kindly advise me how to seek approval for that.
According to Justice Anthony Kennedy’s majority opinion in Town of Greece v. Galloway, “[t]o hold that invocations must be nonsectarian would force the legislatures that sponsor prayers and the courts that are asked to decide these cases to act as supervisors and censors of religious speech,” meaning that prayers are allowed to invoke particular religious affiliations, including Satanism, without violating the Constitutional edict against state endorsement of religion.

#1034 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:50 PM

The mental acrobats required by the Christians are mind boggling. 

Sore Winners: Christian Group Offended by Mississippi Businesses That Won't Discriminate Against Gays

#1035 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:05 PM

I'm almost positive this is TAP. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users