#1171 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:22 AM

Watched this last night: 

Be sure to check out HBO's Scientology documentary if you haven't already; Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief

"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#1172 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:35 PM

Be sure to check out HBO's Scientology documentary if you haven't already; Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief

Yea that's good too. I've read about half the book. L Ron Hubbard was a real psycho. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#1173 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:10 AM

#1174 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:42 AM

Wow, hair x 3.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#1175 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:13 PM

Still going strong 7 years later, cool.

Show me your dragon magic

#1176 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:48 AM

Jesus wants a raise!!!

#1177 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:25 AM

#1178 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:59 PM

Religious individuals regret having casual sex only slightly more

Whether you are religious or not does not matter so much. You regret one-night stands about as much as other people do

Norwegian University of Science and Technology

The cultural differences between the United States and Norway are relatively small, but the cultures differ significantly from one another in a few very relevant areas.

Norwegians tend to be more sexually liberal than Americans. Americans are clearly more religious than Norwegians.

However, despite these differences, Norwegians and Americans regret casual sex about equally. They also regret missing an opportunity for casual sex to about the same degree.

"We find only small differences between the two nations when it comes to sexual regret," says Professor Leif Edward Ottesen Kennair at NTNU - the Norwegian University of Science and Technology's Department of Psychology.

"There is a difference between religious and non-religious individuals, but this difference is quite small," says Mons Bendixen, Associate Professor in the same department.

more... https://geminiresear...l-sex-slightly/

#1179 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:51 PM

The US government is removing scientific data from the Internet

#1180 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:49 PM

#1181 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:31 AM

glasses.jpg

#1182 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:59 PM

I wonder how many people were planning to use the eclipse as a sign from god, to prevent their murder by savages...but then it fucking rained.

Campus is packed with people today...I felt like yelling "WHY DIDN'T YOU FUCKING VOTE?!?!"

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#1183 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:00 AM

When this next eclipse happens in 2024, everyone do them self a favor, and go see it. It is the closest thing to a religious experience I have had in 40 years. And it wasn't just me. There were people from all over the country(I saw more out of state license plates than Kentucky plates); people with no background in science, and even little understanding of what they were seeing, that were dumbstruck by the experience- myself included!

Images can't do it justice. Combined with the other senses that you experience, it was surreal. Almost everyone I talked to said is was the single greatest experience they ever had(some women were saying it was right behind childbirth). People were actually crying!

This was my 5th eclipse, and first to experience totality. The other ones were cool, but kind of ho-hum as you don't see anything in a partial except the sun being occluded.

This time... it's hard to explain... about 20 minutes, or so, before totality you notice that things start to look weird/funky and the temperature starts to drop and the sun's rays aren't as intense on the skin. at about 10 minutes before everything is really starting to have on this strange... grayish/metallic look to it... fucking crazy! As the temps. continue to drop, it really starts getting dark really fucking fast. Like you can actually seeing it getting dark as you're looking around... literally by the second.

Usually, when it gets dark, it takes, what, an hour or so? Here it happens in 10 minutes, or less. It's fucking quick. The temps drop 10-20 degrees in about 10 minutes. You're sweating your ass off in 90 degree temps, and then it's cool.

It gets about as dark as it is when there's a full moon, so you can still see everything/everyone, but it all has that eerily weird strange grayish metallic look to it.

Then, the diamond ring appears. Images can capture it, but it's not the same... I don't even know how to explain it... I guess with images there is no energy being emitted???

The corona is breath taking. You can see the sky, but there is a solid black disk with streamers shooting out all around it, and then about 2/3 the way through totality, we got to see the chomosphere. I thought that happened really quickly(or not at all), like the diamond ring, I guess not because I could make it out for about 30 or 40 seconds... you could even see it naked eye! black disk, orangish/red protrusions, surrounded by the corona which is about 4 or 5 times the size of the moon. Fucking unreal!

I watched most of it through binoculars, but I had to take in the naked eye experience, too.

Do not miss this next one if there is anyway in hell you can make it. You will be very glad, even if skeptical before hand, that you spent the money, time, and effort to see this remarkable phenomenon. Seriously, go fucking see it!

edit: at the last minute, we decided to change our destination to Pennyrile State Park which is a few miles outside of Hopkinsville(which was the center of the eclipse, and had longest duration). Damn glad I did. When we got there, we learned that they were having an eclipse gathering on the golf course.

About 5000-10000 people showed up, and NASA was there to launch weather balloons to study the eclipse. We got there 7:10 am and was the 40th car in line to get in(the park didn't open until 8:00). The parking lots filled up quick, so they parked on the roads surrounding the park and provided shuttle service to get everyone in.

Since we were so early, we got to park in the lot by the viewing area, so there was no wait, and only had to walk a very short distance. The NASA folks were giving away these really cool, and big, stickers and hat pins with their logo and with the Orion(new heavy lift rocket under development) logo to all the kids. I wanted to ask if big kids could have them, too, but didn't. Granddaughter got them, though.

Everyone was really nice, everybody was sharing everything... it was like a gathering of close friends. When leaving the parking area, people that had room in their vehicles were providing strangers with rides through the park so the wouldn't have to wait on the shuttles. It was really cool to see so many people, from so many different places, get along so nicely. Leaving was no problem/no wait, but when we hit the main roads leaving Hopkinsville, goddamn...

#1184 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:55 AM

#1185 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:31 PM

Can't remember if I posted this, but whatever...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users