36 replies to this topic

#1 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:02 PM

1 Loving in truth, and fain in verse my love to show, That she (dear she) might take some pleasure of my pain: Pleasure might cause her read, reading might make her know, Knowledge might pity win, and pity grace obtain, I sought fit words to paint the blackest face of woe, Studying inventions fine, her wits to entertain: Oft turning others' leaves to see if thence would flow Some fresh and fruitful showers upon my sun-burned brain. But words came halting forth, wanting Invention's stay, Invention, Nature's child, fled step-dame Study's blows, And others' feet still seemed but strangers in my way. Thus great with child to speak, and helpless in my throes, Biting my truant pen, beating myself for spite, 'Fool' said my Muse to me, 'look in thy heart and write.' - from Astrophil and Stella by Sir Philip Sidney, 1591.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#2 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:07 PM

excellant thread...

#3 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:22 PM

The Flea Marke but this flea, and marke in this, How little that which thou deny'st me is; Me it suck'd first, and now sucks thee, And in this flea our two bloods mingled bee; Confesse it, this cannot be said A sinne, or shame, or losse of maidenhead, Yet this enjoyes before it wooe, And pamper'd swells with one blood made of two, And this, alas, is more than wee would doe. Oh stay, three lives in one flea spare, When we almost, nay more than maryed are. This flea is you and I, and this Our marriage bed, and marriage temple is; Though parents grudge, and you, w'are met, And cloysterd in these living walls of Jet. Though use make thee apt to kill me, Let not to this, selfe murder added bee, And sacrilege, three sinnes in killing three. Cruell and sodaine, has thou since Purpled thy naile, in blood of innocence? In what could this flea guilty bee, Except in that drop which it suckt from thee? Yet thou triumph'st, and saist that thou Find'st not thyself, nor mee the weaker now; 'Tis true, then learne how false, feares bee; Just so much honor, when thou yeeld'st to mee, Will wast, as this flea's death tooke life from thee. - John Donne [1633].
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#4 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:09 PM

There once was a man from Nantucket Whose cock was so long he could suck it He said with a grin Wiping sperm from his chin If my ear was a cunt I could Fuck it! - Unknown (probably Keats)
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#5 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:31 PM

Rain is raining all around it falls on field and tree it falls on umbrellas here and on the ships at sea. So fuck off wanker..
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#6 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Michigan

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

Well, at least I could understand the last two posted...... I'm not much for poetry, but I've always loved e. e. cummings. in Just by E. E. Cummings in Just- spring when the world is mud- luscious the little lame baloonman whistles far and wee and eddyandbill come running from marbles and piracies and it's spring when the world is puddle-wonderful the queer old baloonman whistles far and wee and bettyandisbel come dancing from hop-scotch and jump-rope and it's spring and the goat-footed baloonMan whistles far and wee

#7 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:26 PM

I actually plagiarized that in grade school. The teacher didn't know Robert Lewis Stevenson?
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#8 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Michigan

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:29 PM

Wait - you plagiarized ee cummings or RLS? You got away with it?

#9 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:35 PM

RLS It was in IDK 3rd or 4th grade?

#10 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:52 PM

I shed my tears; my tears, my consolation; I am silent; my murmur is dead My soul; sunk in depression's shade Hides in its depths the bitter exultation. I dont explore my passing dream of life-- Vanish in the dark; the empty apparition! I care only for my love's infliction, and let me die, but only die in love. ---Aleksandr Pushkin ( little note, I adore Pushkin,like no other,..but fuck Russina is fucked up )(just sayin)

#11 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:56 PM

geez..tough crowd..no one loves Pushkin???

#12 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:13 PM

Push Kins is great.. wait what are we talking about?

#13 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:17 PM

geezsus T..gonna smack ya stooopid hun!!! google it..and not your push kin...

#14 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:14 PM

Balloons - Sylvia Plath Since Christmas they have lived with us, Guileless and clear, Oval soul-animals, Taking up half the space, Moving and rubbing on the silk Invisible air drifts, Giving a shriek and pop When attacked, then scooting to rest, barely trembling. Yellow cathead, blue fish-------- Such queer moons we live with Instead of dead furniture! Straw mats, white walls And these traveling Globes of thin air, red, green, Delighting The heart like wishes or free Peacocks blessing Old ground with a feather Beaten in starry metals. Your small Brother is making His balloon squeak like a cat. Seeming to see A funny pink world he might eat on the other side of it, He bites, Then sits Back, fat jug Contemplating a world clear as water. A red Shred in his little fist.

#15 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:53 PM

*** See DRunk Thread Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users