• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:33 PM

Right now working on a film about revenge sorta like Death Wish. The title keeps changing from day to day, cause lord knows studio executives think the know what the hell they are doing. But I sorta dig the Title "Wrath". Though I thinks thats just cause the studio people don't like it.

Not really in the LA area but around it right now.

Execs never know what they're doing, that's why they make the big bucks.

Have you worked on anything that we would know? So what exactly does your day consist of? Be warned, I'm going to pick your brain.

You have more then likley seen something I have worked on over the past three years.Mostly it has been helping with story or rewrites of screenplays. I do have a a few films in development hell.

As for what my day consist of .. well right now its helping out with on the fly rewrites as needed . Also trying to keep things moving along as smoothly as possible on the shoot. Which basically is just making sure everyone is doing what they are supposed to be doing and know what is going down for the day. Then there is dealing with the studio people and trying to make sure they are happy as well as the director and everyone else. Its a lot of running around and taking emails / phone calls , ect.

#2 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:12 AM

Right now working on a film about revenge sorta like Death Wish. The title keeps changing from day to day, cause lord knows studio executives think the know what the hell they are doing. But I sorta dig the Title "Wrath". Though I thinks thats just cause the studio people don't like it.

Not really in the LA area but around it right now.

Have you worked on anything that we would know? So what exactly does your day consist of? Be warned, I'm going to pick your brain.

You have more then likley seen something I have worked on over the past three years.Mostly it has been helping with story or rewrites of screenplays. I do have a a few films in development hell.

As for what my day consist of .. well right now its helping out with on the fly rewrites as needed . Also trying to keep things moving along as smoothly as possible on the shoot. Which basically is just making sure everyone is doing what they are supposed to be doing and know what is going down for the day. Then there is dealing with the studio people and trying to make sure they are happy as well as the director and everyone else. Its a lot of running around and taking emails / phone calls , ect.

So you're like the orchestra leader. How did you get into that? Did you go to school for film or did you just move out there & start from the bottom w/no experience & worked your way up? Am I going to have to guess what movies you worked on? Hints?
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#3 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:12 PM

What is the airspeed of an unladen swallow?
Show me your dragon magic

#4 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:01 PM

What is the airspeed of an unladen swallow?

http://www.style.org/unladenswallow/

#5 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:24 PM

So you're like the orchestra leader. How did you get into that? Did you go to school for film or did you just move out there & start from the bottom w/no experience & worked your way up? Am I going to have to guess what movies you worked on? Hints?

Great way to put it. though I would probable go with circus wrangler....

No film school. Just sorta fell into it ass backwards. I explain it better when i have some more time.

I don't even live in California. though we might be moving out here.

Hints...um....

#6 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:50 PM

Great way to put it. though I would probable go with circus wrangler....

No film school. Just sorta fell into it ass backwards. I explain it better when i have some more time.

I don't even live in California. though we might be moving out here.

Hints...um....

Oh come on, you can't tell me you worked on some films & then not give the big reveal!

#7 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

Was one of many who end up doing rewrites on Punisher: War Zone Also did some story and light rewrites on Snakes on a Plane. At one point i was hired and even went all the way to a finished shooting script on a Jason Vs. Freddy film.. shame they went with doing the remakes cause I thought we a fun horror film with that one that fans would have really liked. I should post up the Superman treatment / rough draft I did for Warner Brothers a year or so ago .

#8 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:27 PM

I'm bummed I didn't get my idea for a Freddie vs. Michael movie that I had years ago out there.

#9 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

Might as well do it now . Both those franchises are going to be collecting dust for a while due to studio crap.

#10 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:55 PM

Might as well do it now . Both those franchises are going to be collecting dust for a while due to studio crap.

I thought they already made a movie like that? Or was it Freddie vs. Jason, which I know was made but is that the one I'm thinking of?

#11 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:56 PM

freddy vs. Jason.

#12 michelle

michelle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:58 AM

I have a question where's my damn valentines gift?!?!?!

#13 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:46 PM

freddy vs. Jason.

So I still have a chance. Excellent.

#14 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:32 PM

freddy vs. Jason.

So I still have a chance. Excellent.

There is always a chance.....

#15 delusianne

delusianne

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:32 PM

Timothy, "Wrath" is a great title! If I were an exec and I had your script I'd tell my boss that title was my idea ;) I'd know my job was secure for at least a year. In fact I'd sell that title just by itself to someone like Don Murphy. Work out the details later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users