#1 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:09 AM

Sorry I can't get a link on here because it JUST happened. Now what I wonder?
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#2 michelle

michelle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:20 AM

This is going to be interesting.

#3 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:24 AM

Here we go, from cnn

http://www.cnn.com/2...hpt=T1&iref=BN1

#4 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:04 PM

http://ismubarakstillpresident.com/
Show me your dragon magic

#5 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:12 PM

Posted Image

#6 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:22 PM

power to the people! an amazing thing to watch. I hope the military does the right thing, that real elections are held and what comes to the people of egypt is friendly to us! I am an optimist by nature but I do hope that the young people want a true democracy and not a religious based closed society. time will tell. I am betting on freedom.
Posted Image

#7 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:25 PM

power to the people! an amazing thing to watch. I hope the military does the right thing, that real elections are held and what comes to the people of egypt is friendly to us! I am an optimist by nature but I do hope that the young people want a true democracy and not a religious based closed society. time will tell. I am betting on freedom.
Posted Image

I worry about them & what will happen in the interim. It can be a very unstable time & who knows what type of leader will come in place next. What I do love is that these protests were relatively peaceful, very few people died. With that huge amount of people, that could've easily turned into a disaster. Good for them.

#8 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:42 PM

wed, it is VERY scary. I was so worried and still am if the military cracked down hard it could be a HUGE bloodbath. I hope this could be a start. for the ability for the people who never had a voice before can be heard. hopefully this can transition peacefully they will have elections that are, fair and honest as possible. with enough running for head man position, that the people really can have a voice. I would expect that like in our country you will always have the far extremes. I hope the huge middle wants enough western style freedoms that they are free. I truly am in awe of the people and what they have accomplished. lol, wonder if this is how they partied when a bad Pharaoh died?

#9 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:48 PM

wed, it is VERY scary. I was so worried and still am if the military cracked down hard it could be a HUGE bloodbath. I hope this could be a start. for the ability for the people who never had a voice before can be heard. hopefully this can transition peacefully they will have elections that are, fair and honest as possible. with enough running for head man position, that the people really can have a voice.

I would expect that like in our country you will always have the far extremes. I hope the huge middle wants enough western style freedoms that they are free. I truly am in awe of the people and what they have accomplished. lol, wonder if this is how they partied when a bad Pharaoh died?

I was like man, how embarrassing is that to step down? Thousands of people for days are protesting against you, saying they don't like you, they want you gone & eventually you just hang your head & walk away. I know, I sound like some idiot sap but in a way I felt kind of bad for him when I heard that. No one wants to be hated, lol.

#10 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:54 PM

hug smiley coming your way LOL yes, I was glad to learn, as it helped me understand that saving face was important in that culture. I didn't know. he should have stepped down yesterday but the old man had too much pride or was just delusional. he did leave surrounded by "friends" I am sure he is on his way to luxury digs by the beach or along the Nile! speaking of which. go Switzerland! they have all his money. will hold on to it for years until egypt finds it way.

#11 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:08 PM

the POTUS is live replying to all this.

#12 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

I missed it. Anything inspiring?

#13 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:00 PM

Everything bad that happens in Egypt will be his fault, everything good will be because Glenn Beck said so.
Show me your dragon magic

#14 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:24 PM

Everything bad that happens in Egypt will be his fault, everything good will be because Glenn Beck said so.

But amazingly, Reagan won the Cold War, even though it went on after his Presidency.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#15 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:37 PM