#1 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:06 PM

I'm looking for the Steelers or Titans.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#2 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:36 PM

Steelers me thinks..
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#3 One Way Ticket

One Way Ticket

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:47 PM

Steelers...though I'm not sure about the spread, I gave up 6 today and if troy wouldn't have picked that ball with 4:29 to go I would have lost my ass!!!
If you stay ready.....you never have to get ready!!!

#4 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:52 PM

Ha well I don't bet anymore because I can't enjoy the game. The last time I bet on a Superbowl was Bills vs. Cowboys If Leon Lett scored I would have lost a 1k pool. I won with touch boxes over 13k but it was the most nerve wracking game ever.

#5 One Way Ticket

One Way Ticket

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:55 PM

I don't bet anything big, I bet my dad every week so it's not like I have to worry about kneecaps or anything :)
If you stay ready.....you never have to get ready!!!

#6 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:56 PM

Yeah a 5 buck weekend pool is cool with some peeps but other than that, it's too costly and you don't enjoy the game. It turns into the rush of the bet....

#7 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:14 PM

Harrison ends first half with stunning INT return TAMPA, Fla. (AP)—In a startling end to the first half, NFL defensive player of the year James Harrison picked off Kurt Warner’s pass and returned it 100 yards for a touchdown on the final play to give the Pittsburgh Steelers a 17-7 lead over the Arizona Cardinals in Sunday’s Super Bowl. After falling behind 10-0, Warner and the upstart Cardinals appeared pointed to take a lead at the break when they drove to a first-and-goal at the Pittsburgh 1 with 18 seconds remaining. Then, a stunner. Warner tried to throw a quick pass to Anquan Boldin, but Harrison stepped in front for the interception and took off the other way. Weaving his way along the sideline, the linebacker nearly stepped out of bounds just inside the Arizona 10 and tumbled headfirst into the end zone with Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald holding on for dear life. With no time on the clock, officials decided to review the play to make sure Harrison got across the line before his knee or the ball touched down. It was a crucial decision—if referee Terry McAuley had ruled him down, the half would have ended with the Steelers leading only 10-7. McAuley already had taken away one touchdown from the Steelers after looking at a replay, the first time that’s happened in Super Bowl history. But the ref stepped out of the booth, flipped on his microphone and said, “The ruling on the field stands.” Thousands of Terrible-Towel-waving fans, having already turned Raymond James Stadium into Heinz Field South, went nuts while Jeff Reed trotted out to add the extra point. Then both teams headed to the locker room, the Cardinals looking thoroughly stunned by the turn of events—none more so than Warner, the 2000 Super Bowl MVP who revived his remarkable career in the desert. Harrison’s play eclipsed Desmond Howard’s 99-yard kickoff return for Green Bay in the 1997 Super Bowl against New England. It was easily the longest interception return, beating Kelly Herndon’s 76-yarder against the Steelers three years ago, when Pittsburgh beat Seattle for its first fifth title, tying Dallas and San Francisco. The Steelers were 30 minutes away from a record sixth ring—one for the other thumb. Pittsburgh settled for Reed’s 18-yard field goal after having that first TD overturned, but that was about the only thing that went wrong for the Steelers during a dominating first quarter. Pittsburgh had a 140-13 lead in total yards, seven first downs to one for the Cardinals and held the ball for all but 3:28 of the opening period. Pittsburgh was at the Arizona 5 when the quarter ended, and extended its lead to 10 points on the second play of the second period. Gary Russell powered over from the 1, and this time the TD stood. But the Cardinals made a game of it with a nine-play, 83-yard drive that was highlighted by Warner’s 45-yard pass to Boldin. Arizona never even got to third down, scoring on Warner’s 1-yard pass to Ben Patrick, an unlikely weapon. It was the first touchdown of the season for the tight end, who’s usually confined to blocking while Warner looks to his dynamic duo of Boldin and Fitzgerald. Warner stumbled after the snap, but righted himself in time to throw a pass that was just high enough to get over the hands of Steelers linebacker Larry Foote. Arizona looked poised for another score after Steve Breaston ripped off a 34-yard punt return to the Pittsburgh 43. But a chop block ruined that drive before it ever got started, the 15-yard penalty knocking the Cardinals back to their side of the field and eventually forcing a punt. Warner was 12-of-18 for 135 yards, but he had taken several big hits from the Steelers and the final play overshadowed all his gutty work. Pittsburgh’s Ben Roethlisberger was 11-of-14 for 130 yards and also had a pass picked off after the ball was deflected at the line. Bryan Robinson got his right hand on it and sent the ball fluttering into the arms of Karlos Dansby. But that mistake was a mere afterthought after Harrison, an undrafted free agent who emerged as the NFL’s top defender, saved the Steelers at the goal line. Roethlisberger burned the Cardinals on the opening possession, faking a handoff to the left, then rolling right and finding Hines Ward all alone for a 38-yard pass. Pittsburgh drove to the 1 and, on third down, Roethlisberger appeared to power his way into the end zone on a scramble to the right, dragging Darnell Dockett along with him. Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt, a former Steelers assistant, challenged the call, believing the burly quarterback was down before he got to the end zone. The replay appeared to show Pittsburgh center Justin Hartwig pulling Roethlisberger across the goal line, but McAulay ruled the quarterback down at the 1. Pittsburgh’s Mike Tomlin, only the third black head coach in Super Bowl history, immediately sent Reed onto the field to kick the chip shot, the shortest field goal in a Super Bowl since Roy Gerela of the Steelers punched one through from the same distance in the 1976 game—one of the storied franchise’s five Super Bowl titles, tied with Dallas and San Francisco for the most in NFL history. Arizona, seeking its first NFL title since 1947 and the first nine-win team to make the Super Bowl since the Los Angeles Rams 29 years ago, ran only five offensive plays in the opening quarter. But the halftime stats were much more even—except for that final play.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#8 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:17 PM

Hell Yes . That last drive and catch were awesome.

#9 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:28 PM

I was only rooting against the Steelers because I thought Big Ben was a dick. Other than that I had no reason to root for one team or the other.

#10 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:29 PM

Looked like it was one helluva game though. Think I'll wait around to find online game highlights and half time ads.

#11 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:42 PM

Tis was a good one. Plus The Boss and band did a killer half- time show.

#12 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:57 PM

Plus The Boss and band did a killer half- time show.

That he did. I thought for a moment he was going to do the whole album.

#13 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:30 AM

Wow that run in was amazing man.

#14 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:26 AM

100 yards for a big man is long!

#15 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:20 PM

You have 3+ hours (exciting this time) of top athletes performing at a really high level ......and then at the peak of the excitement some doddery old senile fucker gets to accept the trophy. As a foreigner I find that odd.
Show me your dragon magic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users