2550 replies to this topic

#1 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:14 PM

There is a lot of activity in G n' R world at the moment, very turbulent. In short, Bumblefoot/Ron Thal is in deep shit. G n' R contacted admin/Eric to delete the chat session thread, because they know about the email in which Bumblefoot/Ron Thal is complaining DJ getting paid more for each show. He then lied in that chat session about it. About 1 hour after it was sent to G n' R the chat by Bumblefoot/Ron Thal disappeared. G n' R has ordered the 4 biggest Gnr messageboards (mygnr, HTGTH, CD, newgnr) to delete any thread concerning the Bumblefoot/Ron Thal chat and ban the people who insist on talking about it. Hoping people will forget before it gets too big. They also weren't happy with the way Bumblefoot/Ron Thal presented himself, insulted people like in kindergarden and then went on a tirade why he is someone because everyone listens to his songs every day on TV and radio. Also mocking people working 9 to 5 jobs as nobodies, and the rape joke wasn't taken well by G n' R. Bumblefoot/Ron Thal is in trouble with Axl and Gnr management because of his big mouth. Of course it is not just this chat that caused this all. It started way back in 2008 and it got worse. He acts like he is the most important member in the band that deserves the most pay and recognition (he cares a lot about these 2 things, which his manufactured image doesn't show). The real Bumblefoot/Ron Thal is very different to what is portrayed to the fans. In his aggressive replies he was dead serious, no joking. Very schizophrenic in his behaviour. He is also the one who wanted Robin and Tommy out first, because they had/have more to say about the direction of the band musically/performance wise. No matter what he claims about this, he also protests heavily against having Buckethead/Finck material on the next album and wants his own (not-so-good according to Axl) songs on it for royalties. Bumblefoot/Ron Thal is doing a Slash on Axl/G n' R. His time in G n' R is coming to an end. Buckethead is in the picture still (like he always was, that never changed), but does he want in is the big question. Bumblefoot/Ron Thal wasn't kicked out earlier because there was no other replacement available just before and during the touring (there are 6-7 who could do it on a short notice but 4 are close friends with Bumblefoot/Ron Thal so they would not accept, although they wished they could and the 2-3 just refuse to be part of this big industry joke no matter how many figures there are on the fat paycheck). There is no touring in the near future so it is game on now to find (yet another) replacement for a replacement. He thought this PR stunt would give him the edge, but that turned out to be a shot in his own bumblefoot. That is the full situation at the moment and it changes every few hours. Since that chat Bumblefoot/Ron Thal has been fired at least 2 times by Axl and rehired again by some in the management who think they have no other choice, legally. Gag orders all over the place, but that is nothing new. Back to your regular programming where everything is fine and peachy.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#2 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:53 PM

What in the HELL? Where did you get this information?
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#3 BlowUpYourVideo

BlowUpYourVideo

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:01 PM

I concur, what the fuck? Er, I mean hell. I have absolutely no idea what any of this stuff is about. What chat session? Fill us in, AMM!
"If you've got a knife on your person and you're not in a kitchen, you're going to jail. You're not going round your mate's house to slice a fucking pear are you?" - Noel Gallagher

#4 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:41 PM

I got it from CheapJon, but apparently it's all over MyGNR
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#5 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:49 PM

haha, awesome. How many different ways can you wreck a train?
Show me your dragon magic

#6 BlowUpYourVideo

BlowUpYourVideo

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:53 PM

haha, awesome. How many different ways can you wreck a train?

I'm sure if Ron leaves, he'll be replaced by the best guitarist GNR have ever had....

Anyway, I always thought Ron seemed like a cool guy. Who originally wrote this I wonder?
"If you've got a knife on your person and you're not in a kitchen, you're going to jail. You're not going round your mate's house to slice a fucking pear are you?" - Noel Gallagher

#7 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:58 PM

Ron is a down to earth guy, he's always been very cool with me.

#8 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:56 PM

he is a cool guy,and if any of the rumours concerning DJ are true..I'm sorry but DJ deserves a huge slice of the GnR pie...kids is amazing..his stage presence alone rivals Axl's and I would pay to see DJ before Id pay to see Ron...and that is not undermining his talent or genius..just DJ has it goin on..incredible guitarits AND showman..my two cents

#9 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:54 PM

I don't like DJ that much...

#10 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:29 AM

Gunns over at Gunsnfnroses has pulled some of the pages from archive:

http://www.gunsnfnro...ous-mygnr-chat/

#11 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:21 AM

The whole thing is strange. Big brother (Axl) is watching...and if he doesn't like what he sees....zap. Honestly though, if Bumble get's 86'd I'll be so over everything.

#12 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:26 AM

Some of the pages that weren't posted at Gunsngnroses are here

#13 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:12 PM

DUFF McKAGAN SAYS TAKING STAGE WITH GUNS N' ROSES WAS "MEANT TO HAPPEN"

I almost wish that getting on stage part didn't happen...for me the most important part of that chance meeting that our hotel rooms were right next door to each other. Great, it was meant to happen, it was meant to happen for us to finally connect again. What happened when we connect is a private matter -- but I'm glad it happened.

It almost, I wish it was like on an off night they weren't playing, because people were like oh you played does that mean a reunion -- no, it doesn't mean any of that. I went to the gig with him, I was so jet lagged and on so much energy drink it was all sort of surreal at that point. I should be in bed right now ya know, I have a meeting at 8 in the morning -- what am I doing here? And all the sudden there is a bass in my hands -- what, am I going to play? You Could Be Mine...I haven't played this song since 1993, sh*t how does this song go. That part was fun -- I'm glad it happened. But the way more important thing was, there was a sense to me that it was meant to happen.

#14 Abaddon

Abaddon

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:22 PM

he is a cool guy,and if any of the rumours concerning DJ are true..I'm sorry but DJ deserves a huge slice of the GnR pie...kids is amazing..his stage presence alone rivals Axl's and I would pay to see DJ before Id pay to see Ron...and that is not undermining his talent or genius..just DJ has it goin on..incredible guitarits AND showman..my two cents

I'm with you Lisa. I think DJ's amazing. Thal's always seemed like a good guy, but I don't think he adds much to the band. He's a mile behind Buckethead musically and is just a bit dull, at least relative to the other lead guitarists Guns have had. He's always felt to me like more of a stand-in session musician than a fully fledged band member.
"Go ahead, try anything - because you can't fuck up 'Louie, Louie'." --Chris Dahlenhttp://foodstotrybef....wordpress.com/

#15 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:25 PM

I'm with you Lisa. I think DJ's amazing. Thal's always seemed like a good guy, but I don't think he adds much to the band. He's a mile behind Buckethead musically and is just a bit dull, at least relative to the other lead guitarists Guns have had. He's always felt to me like more of a stand-in session musician than a fully fledged band member.

To me DJ is just so B list rock star. Yes he is talented, but he's in league with Nikki Sixx etc, NOT GnR.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users