#2356 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:59 PM

Got tickets for MSG today. Haven't seen reunion yet because Giants Stadium sucks.

Show me your dragon magic

#2357 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:51 PM

They added a show in Sacramento. Not missing it this time. I'll always regret not seeing Soundgarden one more time before it was over.

I'm pretty much done with the band after this. I no longer think they're doing anything other than nostalgia tours. Its the Chinese era all over again except this time millions of people want to hear the hits and they don't have to bait and switch their fans. You know exactly what you're getting.

Its not worth following on a regular basis anymore.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#2358 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:37 PM

Anyone see the latest stats? You get to see one of the main reasons there's no priority regarding releasing music. Its because nobody cares.

• 2016 tour profit = $40.4 million

• 2016 tour profit margin = 21.04%

• 2016 music profit = ~ $2.00 million

• 2017 tour profit (TD, estimated) = $31.8 million

• 2017 tour profit (total, estimated) = $59.75 million +/- $6mil*

• 2016-2017 tour profit (total, estimated) = $100.15 million

Yep.... 2 million. Then take into account a chunk of that goes to Izzy and Adler. If any of it from Chinese Democracy(laugh laugh), there's a ton of people to hand a chunk of change.

Its not even worth the hassle. Too many egos, too much tension under the surface with potential to explode, list goes on and on.

Its just a touring juggernaut now that licenses its brand to Harley, Maxfield,  etc.

I laughed when I saw this....

H-D_GNR-633x388.jpg

Unlike the Harley Better ad, no worries of this getting pulled.

If/when tour profits start to decline, we might see a song or a compilation to help with the promo. We're in year two and there's no desire whatsoever to even release a GH/Best of and the fact that they did nothing to capitalize on the 30th anniversary of AFD shows where the interest really is....and its not new music, DVDs, etc. Its bordering on criminal that they let that anniversary pass by. Just like with the CD era, there were hints in the months leading up to the anniversary,(using old, more obscure band logos, #AFD30, Fernando mentioning surprises) but all that happened was the Apollo show with the same band playing the same set list.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#2359 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:20 AM

I cant wait to see the stats for this summer's tour. The info on the Montreal show came out and if its a sign of which direction this is going, interest is dwindling.

08/19/17
Guns N' Roses, Our Lady Peace
Parc Jean-Drapeau
Montreal, Quebec
Live Nation/evenko
1/0
23,117 / 27,685
83.5%
$318.44, $49.44
(6,488 were comps)

25% of the seats were papered. A troubling statistic.

-Adolf Hitler

#2360 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:05 AM

What time have GNR been going onstage this time around? No opening act for MSG shows? I don't do any of the GNR message boards so have no idea. Assume it's been starting earlier than 11pm which they did last time I saw them at MSG.

#2361 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:17 AM

Early. Around 7:30-8:30.

• TAP likes this
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#2362 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:40 AM

Early. Around 7:30-8:30.

Thanks

#2363 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:55 PM

Great show at MSG - something of an endurance test, 3 hours and 20 minutes - phew. And 31 songs. Band sounded really good and looked happy, honestly they weren't really that good without Slash, right?

#2364 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Michigan

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:53 AM

Right.  I saw them again, last night, in Detroit at the new Little Caesar's Arena.  Epic show.  I loved it.  

#2365 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:43 PM

The Missus and I had a dope time at the two Toronto shows. Axl's voice sounded absolutely incredible on Wichita Man; definitely needs to be recorded at some point. 

"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#2366 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:26 PM

They are coming back this month, but I'm going to pass. Believe that or not. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#2367 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:45 AM

They are coming back this month, but I'm going to pass. Believe that or not. 

Lame.

#2368 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:56 AM

I went to the Oakland show. That set list is insane. It never ends. I don't follow the tour/setlists so had no idea of the general order of the songs or what exactly would get performed. When you're there...you don't care about forum complaints about stale setlists. They cover the bases of the entire discography....it cant be stale. If the set list is stale...then so is the music.They're also going above and beyond the call of duty with such lengthy concerts. They could've cut an hour or 8-10 songs from that set and fans still would've been happy.

Only thing missing is a new song and the covers they do make up for it. No one is there to hear a new song anyways.

As amazing as it was....I'm done. I can see why SLC is willing to skip it. Next time it comes here I will be skipping it too. Now its new music or bust for me and since we're not likely to get new music....

When you're there in person watching the spectacle it just reinforces what a complete waste the Chinese years really were....especially the 2009-15 period.

-Adolf Hitler

#2369 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:31 PM

I was actually having a late lunch down at Caesar's last week. In the parking garage I saw some guy walking with his wife (who was nagging him for being late for something) and he said "blame it on GnR." Then we saw somebody else with a GnR shirt on walking past us. We looked it up real quick and realized the concert was actually that night, starting in a few hours. 

So I'm down on the Strip, sitting at a left turn light to make a U turn and what do I hear? Chinese Democracy, blasting out of Hard Rock Cafe. I had a moment of regret, and I think the Missus was more bummed than I was. But 600 bucks to see them again...I couldn't justify the cost. To spend 600 bucks in Vegas, I could have one helluva weekend, not just 3 hours. 

Personally I thought 2006 was the best year so far. Axl in particular was on FIRE. Yes seeing Slash and Duff up there was cool. But I kinda blew my load already with the "new" band. I just want new music now. 

If somebody had told me a few years ago I'd pass up seeing GnR in Vegas, I would have told them they were crazy. Maybe I'll see them again next time.

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#2370 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:33 AM

Fuck all you spoiled bitches who can't justify spending the money to see them for the ninth time on the current tour.  I can't GET them to come to my town which, by the way, has both one of the better football and basketball stadium/arenas in the country.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users