wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:27 PM

http://politicaltick...ly-show/?hpt=T2

This makes me feel all kinds of good. Will his followers have a breakdown?
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#2 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:15 PM

The guy has more viewers in an hour than all of MSNBC in its entire nightly 4 hour block. I'm sure the rumors of him creating his own network have some truth to them. I don't care for him much, but to believe he's going away isn't going to happen. He's not Keith afterall Posted Image
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#3 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:31 PM

The guy has more viewers in an hour than all of MSNBC in its entire nightly 4 hour block.

Liberals don't need a talking head to tell them what to believe. Posted Image
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#4 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:32 PM

The guy has more viewers in an hour than all of MSNBC in its entire nightly 4 hour block. I'm sure the rumors of him creating his own network have some truth to them. I don't care for him much, but to believe he's going away isn't going to happen. He's not Keith afterall Posted Image

Pro wrestling has more views/higher ratings than Fox news any day. Does that mean it's the truth? Or highly regarded?
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#5 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:33 PM

There had also been rumblings for a while that he was wearing his welcome out over there...
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#6 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:21 PM

Pro wrestling has more views/higher ratings than Fox news any day. Does that mean it's the truth? Or highly regarded?

No, but let's compare apples to apples. The NFL gets more views than the WWF, so I would argue they're a better bang for the buck. While Beck was bat shit crazy on some issues, the guy (in my opinion) also did a lot of good in some of the programs he hosted outside the show. What is Maddow or Olbermann doing that was remotely similar. I'm not trying to defend Beck, but it's not like he was hanging his head in defeat. The guy brought in millions of viewers and MSNBC would kill for his ratings. Fox won't be able to put someone else in his timeslot and get anywhere near his numbers. I'm just saying I think there is more to this, than a disagreement behind the scenes. Beck has his own following independent of Fox, and in my opinion, he's going to go with it to pursue his own agenda. I expect this will allow him to be more focused in his content rather than trying to create sensational stories for 5pm everyday. He may end up creating his own version of moveon, albeit bigger and more influential.

But time will tell.

#7 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:54 PM

The guy has more viewers in an hour than all of MSNBC in its entire nightly 4 hour block.

dox or it ain't true.

#8 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:41 PM

dox or it ain't true.

I actually said it somewhat in jest, but it is in fact true. Here's a ratings example I came up with on a quick google search:

http://www.mediabist...march-13_b29193

Beck alone holds a 993 share. The entire MSNBC lineup from 6:00-9:59 is 854. Only way MSNBC beats it combines is if you start from 5pm or counted Olbermann twice. Does that suffice?

#9 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:49 PM

Follow on:

After trying to find out current stuff, this is the latest ratings:

http://www.mediabist...ategory/ratings

Beck is equal with almost 3 hours of primetime on MSNBC.

#10 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:36 PM

Does that suffice?

Works for me.

#11 Jill

Jill

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:04 AM

Please. Even the idiots who used to drool over his insane conspiracy theories and alternate historical universe have started fleeing for fear their brains might explode from absorbing too much stupid.

"As mediabistro.com reported, Glenn Beck’s February ratings show a year-over-year audience decline of 26 percent after a 38 percent fall in January.

The New Republic’s James Downie muses that the fault for Beck’s audience shrinkage could be pegged to his increasingly cockamamie commentary—in order to maintain his followers’ interest, Beck had to keep amping up the levels of crazy, finally leading to conspiracy fatigue among his fans."

http://www.amconmag....-to-glenn-beck/

"Beck’s commercial viability also seems to have suffered. His viewership among 25- to 54-year-olds, a prized advertising demographic, declined by almost one-half in 2010. An advertising boycott organized by liberal groups has caused over 300 companies—including Procter & Gamble, UPS, Coca-Cola, and Wal-Mart—to stop showing commercials during Beck’s show."

http://www.tnr.com/a...line-glenn-beck

He's bleeding viewers and advertisers, and if Rupert Murdoch is nothing else, he's a shrewd business man. And no shrewd businessman will keep a program that has lost half its viewership in the network's prime demographic, and whose advertising sales staff can't sell premium ad space during.

Glenn Beck is a failed commodity who was quickly becoming a liability, even to Fox.

#12 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:43 AM

His viewership is still better than any other network in that time slot, even with a depleted base. Who are they going to get to have equal, let alone better ratings in that slot. The 1.8 million he's getting is pretty damn good, and more than any MSNBC show at any time slot. Hell it's almost better than 2x their 8pm time slot. If a horse doesn't run as fast as it used to, but still gets first place, you don't shoot it. You keep it around, unless you have something. That's simple business. Beck has no problem with advertisements as any advertiser would gladly take the 2 million Beck viewers over the supposedly angry 800,000 MSNBC viewers who would throw a fit. If your argument held any water, NBC would fire all of the MSNBC newscrew and bring in people who can beat a 5pm news show. When most of your adult workforce isn't in the front door at 5pm and you're still pulling in better numbers than another networks start time slot, someone isn't doing something right.

#13 Jill

Jill

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:35 AM

His viewership is still better than any other network in that time slot, even with a depleted base. Who are they going to get to have equal, let alone better ratings in that slot. The 1.8 million he's getting is pretty damn good, and more than any MSNBC show at any time slot. Hell it's almost better than 2x their 8pm time slot.

If a horse doesn't run as fast as it used to, but still gets first place, you don't shoot it. You keep it around, unless you have something. That's simple business. Beck has no problem with advertisements as any advertiser would gladly take the 2 million Beck viewers over the supposedly angry 800,000 MSNBC viewers who would throw a fit. If your argument held any water, NBC would fire all of the MSNBC newscrew and bring in people who can beat a 5pm news show. When most of your adult workforce isn't in the front door at 5pm and you're still pulling in better numbers than another networks start time slot, someone isn't doing something right.

This post is pretty hilarious, considering Fox did "shoot" Beck's crazy old horse by not renewing his contract. Talk about an argument not holding any water.

#14 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:49 AM

Uh, I really could care less what his viewership is, it's not my problem that there are a whole bunch of mindless drones that watch, listen & follow him like he's the second coming. Means nothing to me.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#15 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:51 AM

I find it hard to take anyone seriously who tries to compare Beck to Maddow. On the one hand we have a histrionic cry-baby who uses a chalk-board complete with KG pictures of horses and paddocks, and love of word repetition to try and make a point being compared to a Rhodes Scholar. Um.....no, doesn't work for me. Beck should be on QVC, I'm sure they have plenty of shit to sell there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users