#1 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Michigan

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:27 AM

Ya' see - I have this kitten (now don't be disappointed and bored and stop reading!) that showed up at my house a few months ago. Found her in my garage. Of course, I took her in. She's very sweet and loving. Gets along great with the dog. Cute. Definitely an indoor cat. Stupidly, I've kind of let her settle in. For the most part, she stays out in the "back room" with the furnace and water heater and stuff. She's only allowed in the house in small increments - very small.

I don't really appreciate cats, though - just from past experience - swore I'd never have another one - having to change the litter box, cat litter kicked around everywhere, being vigilant so she doesn't get outside and catch fleas or get hit by a truck, coming home and finding things like my laundry soap spilled all over the floor, jumping on counter tops, broken window blinds, window screens that end up all bent out of shape, can't keep a house plant or flowers in the house because the cat will eat it, cat fur, dog gets caught bringing cat shit into the living room and eating it. All those things. Then there's the expense of spaying and declawing.

I've tried to pawn it off, but no one really wants a cat it seems. Last resort is to give it to an animal shelter.

Then, I feel all guilty because she can be really sweet and it's like some kind of stupid karma or something that she just showed up here. And then there's the dead mice I've been finding out in her little back room. So she does have some worthy qualities.

Thought this was going to be a really great survey, didn't ya'? Ha! Ha! I know it's kind of a lame one (hope it's not offensive), but we need a survey once in awhile, good or bad.

I know what I need to do and just can't bring myself to do it. Just thought I'd get some input here.

#2 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:00 AM

I luv teh kittehz

#3 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:14 AM

KEEP THE KITTY!!!!!
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#4 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:23 AM

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFNY0fLwS4o[/url]
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#5 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:45 AM

Where is the bag and river option?

#6 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:00 PM

That's hidden option 3a.
Sister burn the temple

#7 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:44 PM

keep trying to find it a home if you really don't want it. otherwise I think you already have a pet kitty. she could be your karma that changes your mind about cats. they can range from out right nuts to the sweetest things ever. I hate a litter box and try to never have one, I can't blame you there. I haven't had a cat in awhile so I am unsure of how I would handle the choice to allow the cat outside or not. I have always allowed cats to go out but I understand that isn't done so much anymore. I would never declaw a cat, make sure to have cat scratchers around. they have some cheap cardboard ones that come w/cat nip that all my cats loved. if you are in the US, you could check petfinders under cats then go to your state and look at the rescues in your area. lol course by now you get rid of her you would probably miss her. I would take her if I could my dog needs a kitty sister

#8 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:53 PM

We had one of my daughter's friends bring us a lil kitten last year. We put an ad on CL and asked a donation of 20 bucks (not free apparently since people will get them for their snakes.) We ended up giving it to a friend. You are right though cat's are difficult to get rid of. Try craigslist, be careful for weirdos like Timothy showing up at your house though.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#9 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:24 PM

We had one of my daughter's friends bring us a lil kitten last year. We put an ad on CL and asked a donation of 20 bucks (not free apparently since people will get them for their snakes.) We ended up giving it to a friend. You are right though cat's are difficult to get rid of. Try craigslist, be careful for weirdos like Timothy showing up at your house though.

people get them for their snakes Posted Image how terrible don't they have enough mice at the pet store? I know black cats are in danger around holloween for sure.

#10 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:53 PM

I can't understand why anyone would keep a pet that has no cognitive ability, much less feed a mammal to one???

#11 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:11 PM

I can't understand why anyone would keep a pet that has no cognitive ability, much less feed a mammal to one???

Plus it's really hard to toilet train a republican.
Show me your dragon magic

#12 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:02 PM

too late Lynn..just keep the little bugger.

I AM NOT a cat person and dont get the fascination with them...BUT I got Alex a cat 2 Christmases ago because he begged long enough>>like 8 yrs..keep in mind Alex spend more then half the time at his dads...i feed the little fucker, and clean up after it but I have to admit it is entertaining sometimes...i feel so bad because ignore it for the most part but it follows me around,even to the bathroon..stares at me with its weird green people eyes..but when one spends so much time alone, such as me..even having the body and spirit of a little animal hangin around is somewhat comforting in a weird way...might i add i am allergic, i have all hardwood floors so easy to vacuum and the doors to the bedrooms stay closed...but i still dont like him much but he is safe, well fed and cared for so if Karma comes around,,im goldenPosted Image

#13 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:11 PM

Kittah kat lubs u tu, Lisa.

#14 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:13 PM

That should be posted on /b/

#15 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:52 AM

I hate to be the one to suggest this...but isn't there another option?

Posted Image
Sister burn the temple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users