44 replies to this topic

#16 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:24 AM

I hate to be the one to suggest this...but isn't there another option?

Haha! Is is kitten, or is it chicken?

I don't get the appeal of snakes as pets either. In our house we have a rule, one pet at a time, and the choices are cat or dog.

#17 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Michigan

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

Never thought of that option, Freedom! Posted Image

Consensus here seems to be to keep her. I go back and forth with this every day depending on what she's acting like that day. I'll probably still have her two years from now and still not be fully committed. Posted Image I had a great cat for several years, but always swore I'd never have another one because it's like the house has to be cat-proofed almost like having a toddler in the house and that's what gets to me the most - I just want to be able to have one plant and some things on the window sills without having to worry about it, you know? In this case, though, it's like she found me and is very content, so that's why I have all the angst about getting rid of her. One day I think about calling a small animal shelter and the next day I think about calling the vet to get her spayed. Posted Image I'm usually not this indecisive about things, really I'm not.

I never knew people looked for cats, like, on Craig's List, for snake food. That's so sad and awful.

#18 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:00 PM

I appreciate all the great input!

#19 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:05 PM

....the next day I think about calling the vet to get her spayed.

Posted Image

#20 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:13 PM

Ha! Ha! That's fuckin' great! That's what'll happen too, if I keep changing my mind!

#21 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

if you keep slut kitty check the local ASPCA mine offered me a coupon that was good for 50 bucks off a spay at my local vets office. some clinics are pretty low cost ...p.s. meow baby :)

#22 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:41 PM

Consensus here seems to be to keep her. I go back and forth with this every day depending on what she's acting like that day. I'll probably still have her two years from now and still not be fully committed. Posted Image I had a great cat for several years, but always swore I'd never have another one because it's like the house has to be cat-proofed almost like having a toddler in the house and that's what gets to me the most - I just want to be able to have one plant and some things on the window sills without having to worry about it, you know? In this case, though, it's like she found me and is very content, so that's why I have all the angst about getting rid of her. One day I think about calling a small animal shelter and the next day I think about calling the vet to get her spayed. Posted Image I'm usually not this indecisive about things, really I'm not.

I never knew people looked for cats, like, on Craig's List, for snake food. That's so sad and awful.

if she is young enough you can train them to keep from jumping up on places you don't want them to. make noises at her when she starts to jump, push her off the window sills or where ever she is the minute you see her. you can also put double sideed sticky tape up on the counters and stuff so when she does jump up there it will stick to her feet and she won't like it..

what does she look like?

#23 Abaddon

Abaddon

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:58 PM

Where is the bag and river option?

Seconded. I'm not voting until killing this cat is an option.
"Go ahead, try anything - because you can't fuck up 'Louie, Louie'." --Chris Dahlenhttp://foodstotrybef....wordpress.com/

#24 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:51 PM

if she is young enough you can train them to keep from jumping up on places you don't want them to. make noises at her when she starts to jump, push her off the window sills or where ever she is the minute you see her. you can also put double sideed sticky tape up on the counters and stuff so when she does jump up there it will stick to her feet and she won't like it..

what does she look like?

Why do you ask? You want her? I'll ship her! She's kind of blackish with tan markings.

#25 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:22 PM

I have a pals daughter that comes by every now and again to do odd jobs for me. today after she left I get a call from her, she is half way home and there is a baby kitten on the sidewalk meowing. she said it had ants on it and what should she do. I said I would be right there. well it is a newborn not much more than a few weeks old. one eye is trying to open. not sure how it got there. I brought a towel and took it home. not sure if it will live though the night but I got it some kitty formula to eat. it is a calico. I will see if I can save it. the poor thing is pretty weak. she is a calico so tiny.

#26 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:46 PM

You are good people hula! That's a very sweet thing to do. Even if it doesn't make it, a cuddle and some loving goes a long way.

#27 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:29 AM

poor little thing it's little face isn't much bigger than my thumb! it isn't more than 2 weeks or just barely over. I checked on the web at the growth of a newborn. looks like I will be getting up every few hours to feed this thing for awhile. it is in survival mode, it keeps licking it's wet fur from where I have dribbled milk on it. I will post a pic as soon as my camera refreshes its batteries

#28 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:09 AM

think the mom cat may have abandoned it. the eye that isn't open looks like maybe the skin has fused over and it only may have just the one eye. here is a picture
Posted Image
my dog is very interested lol
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:12 AM

Oh goodness, it is very tiny. Good luck hula. One-eyed Jack is very lucky that it was you who has him now.

#30 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:15 AM

Awwwww........how sweet. Poor little thing. That's awesome that you're doing that, Hula! Keep us posted on how it's doing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users