44 replies to this topic

#31 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

one eyed jack I was thinking about that name this morning. I think I am gonna have to drop it off at the aspca this morning when they open. my poor dog is bonkers, I couldn't hardly get her to go to sleep. she is worried/curios about that cat. licking the crate, barking at it. the cat slept through the night I was sure it would be dead but it was moving. I have tried to feed it some milk in the bottle I got (and the 30 dollar formula) but she isn't going for it this morning. I think she may be beyond what I can do for her. so in a few hours I will take her down to the pound. hopefully they will feed her and not just snuff her.
Posted Image
my dog has been in this position for at least 20 mins. fretting and chirping at that cat.
Posted Image

#32 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:27 PM

haha, that's great. Reminds me of when we got that tiny kitten. My small dog was going crazy trying to check it out. She weighs 20 pounds and could have easily killed that little kitten on accident just trying to play with it. We had to keep her away, as she keep going up and pawing at it.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#33 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:03 PM

It just wanted a little pussy...^

#34 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Michigan

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:07 PM

Hula, your dog's adorable! I think you're doing the best thing that you can for the kitty by taking it to aspca, though.

#35 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:51 AM

It just wanted a little pussy...^

Just a squirrel trying to get a nut...

#36 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:10 AM

one eyed jack I was thinking about that name this morning. I think I am gonna have to drop it off at the aspca this morning when they open. my poor dog is bonkers, I couldn't hardly get her to go to sleep. she is worried/curios about that cat. licking the crate, barking at it. the cat slept through the night I was sure it would be dead but it was moving. I have tried to feed it some milk in the bottle I got (and the 30 dollar formula) but she isn't going for it this morning. I think she may be beyond what I can do for her. so in a few hours I will take her down to the pound. hopefully they will feed her and not just snuff her.
Posted Image
my dog has been in this position for at least 20 mins. fretting and chirping at that cat.
Posted Image

She looks healthier than I thought she would, her weight looks ok, she just needs some TLC. Did you end up taking her to the ASPCA?
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#37 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:46 PM

If you still have it, try feeding it with an eyedropper.

#38 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:18 PM

I did drop her off first thing yesterday morning. I think we found her with in an hour or so of her mom leaving her. she was in pretty good shape overall. a huge will to survive and trying hard to walk around. the net said at that age they eat every two hours. she slept through the night. I thought she was dead she was so quiet. she may just not of had the energy to wake up and meow. she was so pitiful. she would not eat for me in the morning but she had to of been very hungry. I figured the pros could get her to eat easier than I could so off I took her. I do feel relieved of duty LOL and my dog is back to her old self

#39 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:27 AM

All is good, then, right? I still think you did the best thing. Maybe you could check up on her in a couple weeks and find out how she is doing and let us know. And happy to hear that your very cute dog is doing better now. I have a funny cat story - a coworker posted this on FB (I'm sure she won't care if I share it): "We adopted a stray cat awhile back and decided to wait until it was tame enough to take to the vets for shots and to get fixed. Vet looked at it the other day and gave it shots and made plans to get it spayed today. Vet put the cat under for surgery and made incision and then found out the cat was a boy and already neutered" Ha! Ha! Ha! Is that great or what? Everyone was replying, "Oh poor kitty!" "Oh, that's horrible!" I'm like - "Am I the only one here who finds this to be very humorous?" See? See? That's what could happen if I keep this cat and take her to be spayed. (just joking of course) Someone suggested she should name the cat Pat. I think that's a very good name. Don't you?

#40 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:58 AM

We had a kitten that was named "Miss Kitty" until one day Dad said "Hey Miss Kitty's got BALLS." After that he was renamed "Mosby."

#41 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

All is good, then, right? I still think you did the best thing. Maybe you could check up on her in a couple weeks and find out how she is doing and let us know. And happy to hear that your very cute dog is doing better now.

I have a funny cat story - a coworker posted this on FB (I'm sure she won't care if I share it):

"We adopted a stray cat awhile back and decided to wait until it was tame enough to take to the vets for shots and to get fixed. Vet looked at it the other day and gave it shots and made plans to get it spayed today. Vet put the cat under for surgery and made incision and then found out the cat was a boy and already neutered"

Ha! Ha! Ha! Is that great or what? Everyone was replying, "Oh poor kitty!" "Oh, that's horrible!" I'm like - "Am I the only one here who finds this to be very humorous?"

See? See? That's what could happen if I keep this cat and take her to be spayed. (just joking of course)

Someone suggested she should name the cat Pat. I think that's a very good name. Don't you?

That's an idiot of a vet.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#42 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:17 PM

Posted Image
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#43 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:13 AM

All is good, then, right? I still think you did the best thing. Maybe you could check up on her in a couple weeks and find out how she is doing and let us know. And happy to hear that your very cute dog is doing better now.

I have a funny cat story - a coworker posted this on FB (I'm sure she won't care if I share it):

"We adopted a stray cat awhile back and decided to wait until it was tame enough to take to the vets for shots and to get fixed. Vet looked at it the other day and gave it shots and made plans to get it spayed today. Vet put the cat under for surgery and made incision and then found out the cat was a boy and already neutered"

Ha! Ha! Ha! Is that great or what? Everyone was replying, "Oh poor kitty!" "Oh, that's horrible!" I'm like - "Am I the only one here who finds this to be very humorous?"

See? See? That's what could happen if I keep this cat and take her to be spayed. (just joking of course)

Someone suggested she should name the cat Pat. I think that's a very good name. Don't you?

That's an idiot of a vet.

Probably. He/she didn't charge her for it though. I thought it was hilarious!

#44 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:02 AM

Update. Pussy left. I think/hope. She's been trying to get outside, all the time, when I put the dog out. I've been trying, all the time, to pick her up and bring her back in because I don't want her whoring around and coming back to me with an even worse problem. Well, last night, when I went to put the dog out, pussy got out too. I went to look for her and called for her, but she was not to be found. Through the night, it was thundering, lightening, hailing, and pouring rain. Today, she hasn't showed back up on my doorstep. She either is shivering and scared and afraid to come out from some place or (hopefully) she wandered over to the Dollar General next door and someone felt sorry for her and picked her up. I haven't seen her squished on the road. so that's a good thing.

#45 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

lynn, I hope too she has found her way back to her old haunts. you did a good thing by keeping her fed and safe. ya never know she may show back up again at your door. I hope too it isn't with a bunch of kitten. gad thats all you need!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users