• Please log in to reply
1409 replies to this topic

#31 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:51 PM

You pretty much be talking about the internet as a whole there,sir!

#32 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:04 PM

Facebook is a hypochondriacs dream come true...
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#33 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:13 AM

So my states lovely republican administration just passed a carry conceal weapon bill that would allow anyone to buy a gun w/out getting a permit or training. Sorry to all you gun lovers out there, but I think that's fucked up.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#34 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:17 PM

Somewhere they are petitioning to make it legal to carry firearms in bars. As if darts and booze aren't dangerous enough already. WTF is wrong with these people? MUST we carry a gun with us everywhere we go?

#35 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:20 PM

Somewhere they are petitioning to make it legal to carry firearms in bars. As if darts and booze aren't dangerous enough already.

WTF is wrong with these people? MUST we carry a gun with us everywhere we go?

Well yeah gol dern it, one of them black folk might try to rob me walking down the street & you know they all have them guns with them.

Don't require a permit or training to buy a weapon that kills how many people in a year? But require a picture ID for voting. Does that make sense? Because ya know, voter fraud is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!! According to republicans of course & they're never wrong or use scare tactics.

#36 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

My Glenn Beck inspired MIL wants me to get a handgun because I'm in real estate. I told her I would never show a home to anybody without having all their information and having either a letter of approval from a bank or having their initial information run through a mortgage broker. She said that wouldn't weed out the real criminals and I need a gun. I think it's sufficient. People who kill/rob realtors do so because the realtor lets them into a vacant property without knowing anything about them first. You don't need a gun to process that first step that eliminates the looky lous or possible criminals.

#37 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:31 PM

So my states lovely republican administration just passed a carry conceal weapon bill that would allow anyone to buy a gun w/out getting a permit or training. Sorry to all you gun lovers out there, but I think that's fucked up.

I haven't read the law, but I am going to assume that you misunderstood what was passed. I am unfamiliar with any state that allows concealed/carry to issue the permit(to conceal/carry) without a few classes.

Few states require permits for owning sidearms, and as far as I know, none require permits for long arms.

And yes, I am a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment... as I am the entire Constitution.

#38 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:41 PM

I haven't read the law, but I am going to assume that you misunderstood what was passed. I am unfamiliar with any state that allows concealed/carry to issue the permit(to conceal/carry) without a few classes.

Few states require permits for owning sidearms, and as far as I know, none require permits for long arms.

And yes, I am a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment... as I am the entire Constitution.

No, I didn't misunderstand it. And according to the article, only four states do not require a permit.

http://www.jsonline..../122593678.html

Wisconsin residents would be allowed to carry concealed weapons without getting permits or any training under a bill a Senate committee approved Wednesday

It still has to go thru the Senate but that's pretty much a done deal.

#39 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

No, I didn't misunderstand it. And according to the article, only four states do not require a permit.

Yep, that is hardcore.

Re 4 states: are you implying that only 4 states don't require a permit for concealed/carry, or that all states except 4 require permits to purchase firearms? If the former, I could see it; if the latter, no way.

#40 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:23 PM

Yep, that is hardcore.

Re 4 states: are you implying that only 4 states don't require a permit for concealed/carry, or that all states except 4 require permits to purchase firearms? If the former, I could see it; if the latter, no way.

Wow, I really need to suck down my coffee, I had to re-read your sentence like 4 times before I understood it, lol. Here, from the article:

Wisconsin and Illinois are the only two states that now ban carrying concealed weapons, but most states require permits and training. Just four states allow people to carry guns without permits, and nine do not require training.

Wait, your sentence means the same thing in both examples, lol. Four states do not require permits.

#41 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:22 PM

Wait, your sentence means the same thing in both examples, lol. Four states do not require permits.

No. I was asking if (you were implying that) 4 states allowed concealment of weapon without a permit, OR only 4 states allowed the purchase of weapons without permits.

You last post clarified-- there are 4 states that allow the concealment of weapons without permits.. I think that only New York and Massachusetts require permits for sidearm(handgun) purchases(though, I could be wrong as I haven't kept up with the laws for 20 or 30 years), and no states require permits for long arms(rifles). Of course, one needs an ATF stamp and dealers license to own an automatic(as opposed to semi-automatic)

EDIT: Just to clarify--4 states allow a gun owner to conceal a weapon without a permit. All other states, in which a citizen can legally conceal a weapon, require permits. No states require permits to purchase, or own, long arms(rifles) and only a couple require permits for sidearms(pistols).

#42 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:10 PM

This could get interesting.

Denmark To Claim North Pole

Denmark plans to lay claim to the North Pole and other areas in the Arctic, where melting ice is uncovering new shipping routes, fishing grounds and drilling opportunities for oil and gas, a leaked government document showed Tuesday.

The draft document titled "Strategy for the Arctic" said Denmark's Science Ministry has started collecting data to formally submit a claim for those areas to the U.N. Commission on the Limits of the Continental Shelf no later than 2014.

Russia, Norway and the U.S. have their own claims — sometimes competing — in a region believed to hold as much as 25 percent of the world's undiscovered oil and gas.

More: http://www.cbc.ca/ne...pole-claim.html

#43 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:59 PM

What happens when a county government violates the constitution for 12 years all the while engaging in a frivolous defense of their illegality? Well, someone owes a shit load of lawyer bills to the ACLU for their defense of the constitution. Silly religiturds, don't waste tax payer money on blatantly lost causes.

Posted Image
May 25, 2011 McCreary faces new ACLU bill Ten Commandments case now totals $228K+

LONDON — Local officials are scrambling for ideas to repay the growing debt owed to the American Civil Liberties Union of Kentucky (ACLU) following a 12-year legal battle over a Ten Commandments display in the McCreary County Courthouse.

Last Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Jennifer B. Coffman awarded ACLU an addition $23,366 in legal fees to cover the final appeal waged by Liberty Counsel, which represented both McCreary and Pulaski counties. Paired with a previous judgment declaring the display unconstitutional due to officials’ religious intent, the bill now stands at $456,881.

McCreary County is responsible for half. Neither county government is sure of how the bill will be paid.

More: http://mccrearyrecor...s-new-ACLU-bill

#44 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:01 PM

Mladic, the butcher of Srebrenica, was finally caught yesterday. He was the commander responsible for the massacre of 8000 Bosnian boys and men in 95. His extradition might happen as soon as Monday.

http://www.forbes.co...ic_8489275.html

#45 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:12 PM

Bin Laden, now Mladic. It's like we've declared war on hide and (go) seek. $10 says Elvis is next.
Show me your dragon magic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users