41 replies to this topic

#1 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:28 AM

Jr. saw them last night. He came home with a pick from James. He was up front and screamed for the pick of destiny...James smiled pulled the big green heart shaped pick and tossed it to him but someone jumped in his way and ran off with it so James handed him another regular one. Everyone around Jr. booed when the guy ran off with the pick of destiny because they thought it was a great call back line from Tenacious D. I guess Hatfield did too. At the end of the night the band left and Lars came back out and asked if the crowd wanted Metallica to come back. The crowd went crazy...Lars screamed See you in September! slammed the mike down and walked off stage.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#2 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:34 PM

Posted Image

Machine Head.

Posted Image
Metallica
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#3 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:18 PM

Jr is a lucky mofo.....I have seen them 3 times...

#4 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:04 PM

Only saw 'em once in SLC about 92ish? Good pics!
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#5 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:00 PM

Enter Sandman 1/29/09 Nassau Coliseum Uniondale NY

#6 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:14 PM

Metallica stops by the FUSE studio for an exclusive press conference about their induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

See it here

#7 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:48 PM

METALLICA ANNOUNCE NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES:

March 23, 2009

Metallica's European Summer Vacation, part 2,347 will end on August 2, so that can only mean one thing ... more dates in the U.S. and Canada! Metallica just rocked Austin at SXSW and are super psyched that they'll be back in North America visiting their friends in the Fall as the World Magnetic Tour keeps rolling on. Metallica had an amazing time on the last run in '08 and early '09 and they are so ready to do it again!

Tickets go on sale either April 4 or April 11 - please see dates below and keep watching www.metallica.com for more information about on sale times and support acts. Met Clubbers, check www.metclub.com for more info on pre-sales.

The dates are as follows:

Sep. 14 - Nashville, TN - Sommet Center
Sep. 15 - Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena
Sep. 17 - Indianapolis, IN - Conseco Fieldhouse
Sep. 19 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
Sep. 28 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
Sep. 29 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
Oct. 01 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Bank Atlantic Center
Oct. 03 - Tampa, FL - St. Pete Times Forum
Oct. 04 - Atlanta, GA - Phillips Arena
Oct. 12 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
Oct. 13 - Minneapolis, MN - Target Center
Oct. 15 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
Oct. 17 - Charlottesville, VA - JPJ Arena
Oct. 18 - Charlotte, NC - Charlotte Bobcats Arena
Oct. 26 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
Oct. 29 - Ottawa, ON - Scotiabank Place
Oct. 31 - Quebec City, QC - Colisee Pepsi
Nov. 09 - Grand Rapids, MI - Van Andel Arena
Nov. 10 - Buffalo, NY - HSBC Arena
Nov. 12 - Albany, NY - Times Union Center
Nov. 14 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
Dec. 05 - Las Vegas, NV - Mandalay Bay
Dec. 07 - Boise, ID - Idaho Center
Dec. 08 - Sacramento, CA - ARCO Arena
Dec. 10 - Anaheim, CA - Honda Center
Dec. 12 - San Jose, CA - HP Pavillion

#8 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:38 AM

Metallica are to reunite with their former bassist Jason Newsted, the band's guitarist Kirk Hammett has revealed. Newsted will join the band when they are inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame in Cleveland on April 4th. The bassist, who was left out of the recent video game Guitar Hero: Metallica, quit the group in 2000. Hammett said the band wanted Newsted to join them to avoid a possible repeat of an incident at the 2006 induction when two former bandmates of Blondie asked to perform with the group after they were honoured. The request by Frank Infante and Nigel Harrison was denied by singer Debbie Harry. Hammett told the Pulse of Radio: "It puts a really bad, sour note on the whole celebration itself. "There was so many politics and so much drama that, you know, we collectively said to each other, 'We don't want any of that.' "Jason Newsted will be there, and he will be playing with us at one point." Newsted joined Metallica in the late 80s following the death of their original bassist Cliff Burton. Run-DMC, Jeff Beck, Little Anthony and the Imperials and Bobby Womack will also be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next month.

#9 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:43 AM

He's not replace Robert Trujillo in the band though. BTW Trujillo is a hell of a guitarist and bassist.

#10 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:38 PM

He's not replace Robert Trujillo in the band though. BTW Trujillo is a hell of a guitarist and bassist.

He absolutely is...he looks like such a big,clutzy man till he starts playing and then for such a big guy, he is very graceful and talented.

Tics go on sale here next Sat for Oct.26. I plan to be there.Metallica is just another one of 'those' bands I have to see whenever they come around and I get to opportunity

#11 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:53 PM

Lisa you are my density.

#12 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

I always knew I was thick as a brick. **sigh..you have made my dreams come true you saucy bitch

#13 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:16 PM

Got me some tix to the Indy show. Found a pre-sale pass via google, so I could get decent tix.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#14 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:07 PM

ehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehhe...my tickets arrived in the mail!! I wonder who is opening..still doesn't say nor can I find anything on the web..anyone 'hear' of anything for the Canadian leg of the tour??

#15 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:14 PM

I might buy tickets to that San Jose show depending on what else is going on at the time. I'm one of those people who usually buy tickets at the last minute. Scalper sites love me...
Surprise, surprise, surprise!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users