Photo

Forum Conduct

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

Just let it go, Randall. If it will help I'll apologized for upsetting you. Now, Freedom, where's that ice cream parlor again? They'd better have mint chocolate.

#17 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

IOff topic: What happened to cousin it? Will that person come back? I read here a long time before I joined. During that time, I enjoyed the principled nature of many of cousin it's posts.

You can get your IT FIX on twitter. Posted Image

or read the book "It"!!

#18 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:33 PM

I'll contribute my two cents here. Posted Image

WM took offense to a perceived slam on the disabled, (because of her not-widely-known-amongst-all-posters-here personal situation), and responded in a way, that she stated subsequently, was not as she had originally intended. Flagg took the unintended meaning and found it offensive. I read WM's post and must say I took from it the same meaning as Flagg did. I asked WM if her post's meaning was what I took it to mean. She responded with what seemed to be a "yes, and another thing...". Flagg then responded in kind to WM's post and here we are. Having WM's back, Wedjat then piled on.

I think things would be better if assumptions could be verified before flying off the handle. WM could have asked for clarity of Flagg about his thinking on the disabled. Flagg could have asked for clarity if WM seriously thought he would enjoy mowing down the OWS crowd. I like that this board has people from both sides of the political spectrum. It would function more ideally if we can try and keep from getting overly emotional about the discussions and try and cut each other some slack. It is doubtful that any of these discussions will change someone's political point of view but they can be worth reading. They stop being worth reading when we have hit f bomb and nazi territory.

So, City Data frequenters, how would this incident have played out on that board? Mod fight? Banning? More "fisting in education" comments? Just askin'. Posted Image
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#19 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

IOff topic: What happened to cousin it? Will that person come back? I read here a long time before I joined. During that time, I enjoyed the principled nature of many of cousin it's posts.

or read the book "It"!!

SPOILER

You know what is just as weird as King's clown? The fact that all the boys had to have sex with the girl in order to find their way out of the space spider's lair at the end. And King makes it seem like the right thing to do.

#20 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:45 PM

or read the book "It"!!

SPOILER

You know what is just as weird as King's clown? The fact that all the boys had to have sex with the girl in order to find their way out of the space spider's lair at the end. And King makes it seem like the right thing to do.

It was the only way Bev could keep their mind fouced and not allow Pennywise to break them off one by one. It all ties into a much larger story, that revolves around the dark tower series. The turtle has a much bigger role there.
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#21 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:59 PM

or read the book "It"!!

SPOILER

It was the only way Bev could keep their mind fouced and not allow Pennywise to break them off one by one. It all ties into a much larger story, that revolves around the dark tower series. The turtle has a much bigger role there.

Randall Flagg would know. Posted Image

#22 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:11 PM

WM took offense to a perceived slam on the disabled, (because of her not-widely-known-amongst-all-posters-here personal situation), and responded in a way, that she stated subsequently, was not as she had originally intended. Flagg took the unintended meaning and found it offensive. I read WM's post and must say I took from it the same meaning as Flagg did. I asked WM if her post's meaning was what I took it to mean. She responded with what seemed to be a "yes, and another thing...". Flagg then responded in kind to WM's post and here we are. Having WM's back, Wedjat then piled on.

I think things would be better if assumptions could be verified before flying off the handle. WM could have asked for clarity of Flagg about his thinking on the disabled. Flagg could have asked for clarity if WM seriously thought he would enjoy mowing down the OWS crowd. I like that this board has people from both sides of the political spectrum. It would function more ideally if we can try and keep from getting overly emotional about the discussions and try and cut each other some slack. It is doubtful that any of these discussions will change someone's political point of view but they can be worth reading. They stop being worth reading when we have hit f bomb and nazi territory.

So, City Data frequenters, how would this incident have played out on that board? Mod fight? Banning? More "fisting in education" comments? Just askin'. Posted Image

When did you ask me about that post? You sure didn't PM me and the only thing you posted in that thread after my "inflammatory post" was #82 (See below.) If that's your idea of asking for clarification on what I said, then, no wonder it went over my head. You said:

Shooting people doesn't LOGICALLY follow from having opinions on the varying ways people contribute to, or are a drag on the system.

To which I replied:

No it doesn't anymore than it logically follows that someone who doesn't pay taxes is automatically a drag on society or that they don't contribute in a meaningful way to the economy. Most of the 50% of people who don't pay taxes are WORKING Americans who are using legal exemptions to get their tax rates down. That's been the point I've been trying to make with Flagg over the past few posts. The myth machine of right wing pundits has done a good job of brain washing their followers.

Here's an clip from an article at http://www.nytimes.c...4leonhardt.html that dispels Flagg's notion that the 50% who don't pay taxes are not all welfare queens, disabled people with 8 kids, or lazy bums with time on their hands to protest.

How did you get a "yes" out of that reply?

#23 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:16 PM

I honestly don't care what any of you post, I mainly only read my own posts. But, my suggestion would be that if you find yourself getting angry reading or writing a post, then stop and delete it, go outside for a walk (or a goosestep in Flagg's case - this is so a joke :D ) or something. This place exists because of other forums which suck (CD or HTGTH), most of us spend a lot of time here - might as well enjoy the experience.
Show me your dragon magic

#24 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:25 PM

When did you ask me about that post? You sure didn't PM me and the only thing you posted in that thread after my "inflammatory post" was #82 (See below.) If that's your idea of asking for clarification on what I said, then, no wonder it went over my head. You said:

Shooting people doesn't LOGICALLY follow from having opinions on the varying ways people contribute to, or are a drag on the system.

To which I replied:

No it doesn't anymore than it logically follows that someone who doesn't pay taxes is automatically a drag on society or that they don't contribute in a meaningful way to the economy. Most of the 50% of people who don't pay taxes are WORKING Americans who are using legal exemptions to get their tax rates down. That's been the point I've been trying to make with Flagg over the past few posts. The myth machine of right wing pundits has done a good job of brain washing their followers.

Here's an clip from an article at http://www.nytimes.c...4leonhardt.html that dispels Flagg's notion that the 50% who don't pay taxes are not all welfare queens, disabled people with 8 kids, or lazy bums with time on their hands to protest.

How did you get a "yes" out of that reply?

It is obvious that my assumption verification methods need work.

Point taken.

#25 VOR

VOR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:34 PM

Not happening.

How about you do your twit thing and let him know I want him to come back because this place is far less interesting without him. Tell him you miss him, too. Use some of those frowning emoticons. Then let me know what he says.

#26 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:36 PM

It is obvious that my assumption verification methods need work.

Point taken.

Posted Image Thanks.

#27 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:39 PM

Cousin It leaves and comes back. Then he'll leave again...and come back. Depends on what kind of herbal medication he's taking for his mood swings.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#28 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:50 PM

Dude should have tried pouring that whiskey over his muffed up leg.

#29 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:57 PM

Cousin It leaves and comes back. Then he'll leave again...and come back.

Depends on what kind of herbal medication he's taking for his mood swings.

I heard he's been seeing a chiropractor for the whiplash he got watching the 1970s fly by.
Show me your dragon magic

#30 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:14 PM

Are we at the make-up sex part yet, cause I could sure use a smoke (or something Posted Image)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users