#76 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:55 AM

You guys, I think we should stop talking about Cousin It. It's making me a little nervous, I'm seeing shadows everywhere.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#77 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:22 AM

Lynn, I don't really care for your analysis because you've shown no ability to think out of your PC box.

Holy crap, lol. This right here, priceless. And you're probably sitting there hiding behind your keyboard going "What? What'd I say??" Here's me rolling my eyes at you Flagg.

Thank you!

Am I stuck in a PC box? I don't think so. I try to think outside the box and see people for what they are, rather than just judging them because I don't care to get to know what it's about or what someone may be going through - other than just myself.

Don't worry about it Lynn. Most of us know that isn't true and that Randall seem unaware of how often he insults people, like he did with you up above.

#78 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Michigan

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:58 PM

I know. It just amazes me that after I told him what I thought about how his posts come across, he turns around and goes right back at it without even missing a beat.

#79 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:37 AM

Since you obviously want a response. I don't think you're a stupid person. Quite the opposite. I just think you're blinded and controled by your adamant stance that you be perceived as open minded. You're not willing to say this is wrong or tell people they're wrong for doing something unless they fall into the category of people willing to make a judgement on what kind of behavior and decisions are likely to hinder a person's success. Saying, "Look at it from their point of view" isn't an answer. Empathy is a virtue, but it doesn't negate the need to tell people that certain behaviors, realities and choices are bad. You haven't demonstrated the ability to do that, and continue to defend those who make bad choices. You're rush to support Whistler and say she said nothing offensive, further shows your loyalty to the dogma you preach. If I insult some group you believe should be protected (such as yourself) you are quick to come to their defense, but if someone says something against a group you don't care for, you quickly dismiss it. As evidenced here. Any person can easily see what dialogue took place. One peson accused another of being complicit in the murder of innocent civilians. The other told that person to "fuck off." Yet, you only found one of those responses offensive. If you think that doesn't skew my perception of your objectivity, then you're mistaken. But I really don't want to continue rambling on about the issue between Whistler and I. I think it's settled. And I really don't care to continue to elaborate why I dismissed your post. I don't think you're objective and are bound to a liberal dogma due to personal reasons and your desire to be perceived as enlightened. But I don't know you that well, so I could be full of shit. I don't need any of your cohorts to come to your defense either. It's obvious you disagree with me, and I respect that. It's also my opinion and I hope that I am proven wrong by reading your post. But, hopefully you don't give a rats ass what I think, and will continue to express your ideas in whatever manner and based on whatever criteria you deem worthy.
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#80 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Michigan

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:59 PM

Um, no – I didn’t want a response to that – but, I was sort of hoping for a response to my questioning as to why you frequently bring up the subject of homosexuality in your posts. Seriously, I don’t get it…… Your thoughts about me are actually very interesting, and could be very accurate – I don’t know - but I don’t feel that I have to defend myself. The only thing I will say is that I remember being in my 20’s and being so judgmental and idealistic about some things in life. I am now very embarrassed when I think back on some of the things I really thought and said. I was judgmental about certain things that I eventually ended up going through, myself, in life (karma does come back and bite you in the ass!). I ended up having to learn, first hand, what certain things were really about and why people might do what they do. If that’s not being enlightened, I don’t know what is. It can change everything – to a point where I have thought I will never again hold myself in a position of judgment against someone else. (well,ok, yeah, we all do in life, no matter what we might think of ourselves, but hopefully you know what I'm sayin') I do consider myself to be liberal, but it’s not a “dogma”. I’d like to think that I don't give a rats ass what you think, but I do. And I will continue to express my ideas in whatever manner and based on whatever criteria I deem worthy.

#81 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:25 AM

Um, no – I didn’t want a response to that – but, I was sort of hoping for a response to my questioning as to why you frequently bring up the subject of homosexuality in your posts. Seriously, I don’t get it……

Your thoughts about me are actually very interesting, and could be very accurate – I don’t know - but I don’t feel that I have to defend myself. The only thing I will say is that I remember being in my 20’s and being so judgmental and idealistic about some things in life. I am now very embarrassed when I think back on some of the things I really thought and said. I was judgmental about certain things that I eventually ended up going through, myself, in life (karma does come back and bite you in the ass!). I ended up having to learn, first hand, what certain things were really about and why people might do what they do. If that’s not being enlightened, I don’t know what is. It can change everything – to a point where I have thought I will never again hold myself in a position of judgment against someone else. (well,ok, yeah, we all do in life, no matter what we might think of ourselves, but hopefully you know what I'm sayin')

I do consider myself to be liberal, but it’s not a “dogma”. I’d like to think that I don't give a rats ass what you think, but I do. And I will continue to express my ideas in whatever manner and based on whatever criteria I deem worthy.

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. It's very easy to scoff & look down upon others, especially when they're in a position you deem distasteful, when you have no idea what it's like to be in that position. I myself can empathize w/many people & certain things because of things I have gone thru in my life. Takes a big person to be humble & get rid of the sanctimony.

Love,

Your Cohort That Came to Your Defense
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#82 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:53 AM

Um, no – I didn’t want a response to that – but, I was sort of hoping for a response to my questioning as to why you frequently bring up the subject of homosexuality in your posts. Seriously, I don’t get it……

Your thoughts about me are actually very interesting, and could be very accurate – I don’t know - but I don’t feel that I have to defend myself. The only thing I will say is that I remember being in my 20’s and being so judgmental and idealistic about some things in life. I am now very embarrassed when I think back on some of the things I really thought and said. I was judgmental about certain things that I eventually ended up going through, myself, in life (karma does come back and bite you in the ass!). I ended up having to learn, first hand, what certain things were really about and why people might do what they do. If that’s not being enlightened, I don’t know what is. It can change everything – to a point where I have thought I will never again hold myself in a position of judgment against someone else. (well,ok, yeah, we all do in life, no matter what we might think of ourselves, but hopefully you know what I'm sayin')

I do consider myself to be liberal, but it’s not a “dogma”. I’d like to think that I don't give a rats ass what you think, but I do. And I will continue to express my ideas in whatever manner and based on whatever criteria I deem worthy.

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. It's very easy to scoff & look down upon others, especially when they're in a position you deem distasteful, when you have no idea what it's like to be in that position. I myself can empathize w/many people & certain things because of things I have gone thru in my life. Takes a big person to be humble & get rid of the sanctimony.

I used to see a lot of that when I was a mentor in the disability community. The people who grew up having no empathy for the disabled, and then become disabled themselves, have the hardest time accepting their disability and go on to find life still worth living. (It takes an year or two for that process to take place for most disabled.) Some would call it karma when the person who had a disdain for the disabled can't accept themselves when they need to, but I just call it sad they have become their own worst enemy. I'm convinced that being judgmental or being empathic are learned traits taught to us in early childhood. People can also learn empathy through life experiences---thank the gods that be---and soften their judgmental ways as they see more of the world. Sad when people don't grow as they age and they spend their whole lives living in a black and white, judgmental world.

#83 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:59 PM

I'll go tally the votes...
Posted Image
the tribe has spoken
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic