artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:07 PM

Good article: http://bit.ly/10HzoZF

#iThing #word
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#17 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:32 PM

Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#18 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:04 AM

Flagg, read this: http://www.socialmat...e-viewed-right/

#iThing #word

#19 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:53 PM

#iThing #word

That was a great article. Thanks for sharing. I've often argued that if people knew the true intentions behind the progressive movement, most wouldn't be so quick to plant their flag with them.

If only the right could distance itself from the Jesus heads and tea party types.
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#20 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:35 PM

#iThing #word

That was a great article. Thanks for sharing. I've often argued that if people knew the true intentions behind the progressive movement, most wouldn't be so quick to plant their flag with them.

If only the right could distance itself from the Jesus heads and tea party types.

Art, I hope it wasn't JUST for Flagg, as I read it too.

I can't begin to tell you what any of this gaming nonsense has to do with progressivism or conservative.  If we want to question whether gaming produces violent tendencies or misogynist behaviors, I'd leave it to scientists to study it (maybe that's progressive?  I know the right isn't too big on science...).  Then again, when I grew up a Motley Crue vid was the epitome of American culture, so maybe I'm the violent tending misogynist they're out to get.

I'm not familiar with the website you linked to, but I read two pieces on it and generally liked it.  It's thoughtful and well written.  If those guys ran for office and campaigned how they write, then I'd at least vote for them in a Republican primary, if only for the purpose of raising the level of debate (and because I live in a safe GOP district, so at least my vote would count for something).  We don't have any thoughtful, educated, insightful dialogue about politics or national purpose anymore.  We just fight n' bitch.

Also, the pic on their webpage is awesome. 

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#21 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:04 PM

Freedom, anyone could read it but I thought it would resonate with Flagg since he has some gaming background and is on the right.

I just want the market to decide if a game is good or not. I don't want moral scolds form the left or the right deciding what products get to market.

I had not heard of that site either. A #gamergate person I follow on twitter linked to it. I only saw it on my iPhone, I did not see the cool banner until now. You ever check out National Review? I think they are fairly reasonable for the most part. I don't enjoy conspiracy or polarized to the point of stupidity web sites either.

#22 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:53 AM

Freedom, anyone could read it but I thought it would resonate with Flagg since he has some gaming background and is on the right.

I just want the market to decide if a game is good or not. I don't want moral scolds form the left or the right deciding what products get to market.

I had not heard of that site either. A #gamergate person I follow on twitter linked to it. I only saw it on my iPhone, I did not see the cool banner until now. You ever check out National Review? I think they are fairly reasonable for the most part. I don't enjoy conspiracy or polarized to the point of stupidity web sites either.

Yes, I've read countless stories on NRO.  What I appreciated about the site you linked before is that it wasn't nearly as much about daily politics as about a discussion of politics in a theoretical way.  Arguing theory is refreshing; arguing "this thing happening today" usually leads to bias, from both sides.  For example, I visited NRO after reading your reply and chose to click on a topic that is a favorite of the right: "Voter Fraud in Denver" (http://www.nationalr...an-kay-melchior), which changes its name from that election-fear mongering title to "ENABLING Voter Fraud in Denver" when you view the actual story.  And, needless to say but I'll do so anyway, there's no actual evidence of ANY voter fraud in the story.  What it all boils down to is that Colorado cast 1.1 million absentee and early ballots and Republicans want to verify every signature on every ballot in one liberal city, Boulder, while the country clerk (who presumably has many thousands of these ballots to go through) proceeds quickly to get the job done.

I don't find that to be terribly responsible journalism.  There should be some actual facts to back the fraud allegations before you run a piece arguing that someone is perpetrating fraud.  That isn't to say the site is wholly worthless; I've found plenty of good and useful pieces there.  But it does tend to drift, regularly but not completely, toward the partisan nonsense that's out there.  I don't need that.  I have FoxNews and MSNBC for all the partisan nonsense I can stomach. 

Sister burn the temple

#23 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:03 PM

MEDIA: UM, THAT BIG STEVE SCALISE STORY PROBABLY DIDN’T HAPPEN, BUT HE’S STILL ‘EMBATTLED’ ANYWAY

#24 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:41 AM

Brian Williams just got suspended for six months for doing what the people on Fox News are PAID to do...make shit up!

Sister burn the temple

#25 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:58 PM

Killed by Twitter jokes.

#26 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:57 PM

Is his suspension just? Or an overreaction? 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#27 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:22 PM

I think it is justified. It wasn't just the helicopter in Iraq it was his Katrina statements too. He is their news editor. The news should not be altered to insert oneself into it for whatever reason. And his daughter was Peter Pan and then had ATM on Girls.

http://www.mediaite....t-nights-girls/

#iThing #word

#28 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:30 AM

I also think it's justified, though the old idea that you're there to report the news, not make the news doesn't seem to apply much anymore, especially at the local level.  The local news around here, and most everywhere else I imagine, spends a decent chunk of its time reporting on things that people in the news are doing, i.e. "here's us building our annual habitat house".  A Colts employee had his dog stolen, so the news channel put a bunch of stuff on social media and eventually the dog was found at a shelter a few counties away.  Did they just give the dude his dog back?  NOPE!  They had him come in for a fake interview, so they could surprise him with his dog with the cameras rolling.  And then they ran a story about all the shit they did to help.  

I think it's great that they volunteer in the community or are generally good people; but I think it's shit that they spend so much time talking about how great they are.  If you report on your volunteer efforts, then it's not really volunteering, so much as finding a way to create a story and self-promote.

Anyway, this shit drives me nuts...but I do support more ATM in the local news.

Sister burn the temple

#29 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:04 PM

I also think it's justified, though the old idea that you're there to report the news, not make the news doesn't seem to apply much anymore, especially at the local level.  The local news around here, and most everywhere else I imagine, spends a decent chunk of its time reporting on things that people in the news are doing, i.e. "here's us building our annual habitat house".  A Colts employee had his dog stolen, so the news channel put a bunch of stuff on social media and eventually the dog was found at a shelter a few counties away.  Did they just give the dude his dog back?  NOPE!  They had him come in for a fake interview, so they could surprise him with his dog with the cameras rolling.  And then they ran a story about all the shit they did to help.  

I think it's great that they volunteer in the community or are generally good people; but I think it's shit that they spend so much time talking about how great they are.  If you report on your volunteer efforts, then it's not really volunteering, so much as finding a way to create a story and self-promote.

Anyway, this shit drives me nuts...but I do support more ATM in the local news.

^^^^

You read it here first on http://crasscommunication.com

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#30 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:18 PM

PAYPAL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users