13 replies to this topic

#1 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:13 AM

So now vaccines are a political issue? And seems one of the few issues where the extreme left and extreme right agree.

It's bizarre and frightening to me how people will believe herbalists and non-medical folks, but won't believe scientists.

#2 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:59 AM

I don't even know what to think about all of this. It's just bizarre to me. We have a measles outbreak? huh?

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#3 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:53 AM

The right doesn't like the state being all sovereign over their children. Would armed teams enter your home and force vaccinate your children if you don't?

My kids have been vaccinated. Just sayin'

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#4 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:01 PM

I don't think people should be forced to vaccinate, not at all. But I think if you are not going to vaccinate I don't think you should be able to attend public schools, and any other kiddified activities that require vaccines. It's about consequences.

Having The Brakes Removed From Your Car Is A Personal Decision

#5 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:10 PM

Ron Paul had a commentary today that really made me think about the issue.  I think the anti-vaccers are nutters.  I've had anthrax and small pox vaccines put in my body and am doing just fine.  But I do think there is a problem when people advocate that the government force people to be vaccinated.  What next, are we going to arrest people and force them to be vaccinated?

Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#6 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:59 AM

Ron Paul had a commentary today that really made me think about the issue.  I think the anti-vaccers are nutters.  I've had anthrax and small pox vaccines put in my body and am doing just fine.  But I do think there is a problem when people advocate that the government force people to be vaccinated.  What next, are we going to arrest people and force them to be vaccinated?

No, I absolutely do not support arresting and forced vaccinations.  I would never support that unless we were talking about a major, deadly, pandemic type illness.  Most people are vaccinated against measles, so those who choose not to be vaccinated are mostly at risk, rather than risking the lives/health of others.  But, since this is overwhelmingly a choice that parents are making for their children, then those parents should be held responsible if something bad happens to their child.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#7 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:48 PM

1466135_10152830327863445_88829871283694

#8 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:33 AM

I've heard, and am by no means an authority, that our decades of eating processed foods has taken enough allergens out of our collective diets, leading to more food allergies.  No certainly that it's true, but it makes sense.  Think of eating real, unprocessed food as a daily vaccination against allergies.  We stopped eating that way, probably around WWII, and now you can't eat a fucking peanut without some mom freaking out.

Sister burn the temple
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#9 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:43 PM

I'd imagine a great deal of our health problems start with what we put in our mouth (or not).

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#10 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:26 PM

Who knows. When my oldest was a baby I made all his food from scratch, breastfed him for a couple of years, etc. My youngest ate store-bought baby food, and was breastfed for a year. My oldest has a severe tree nut allergy, the youngest is fine.

One interesting fact is how many nut byproducts were used in food production until fairly recently. Peanut oil was used as a lubricant in the majority of food manufacturing environments. Nut husks were used to filter out food particles, almost like a sieve. Obviously both are no longer used, but it hasn't been long.

#11 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:11 AM

It's the gluten.

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#12 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:40 PM

GLUTEN...IT MAKES YOUR DICK FLY OFF

South-park-s18E02-dick-fly-off.jpg

Sister burn the temple