200 replies to this topic

#1 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:50 AM

Social Justice Warriors want good parents to stop reading bedtime stories to their children because it is unfair to other children.

Is having a loving family an unfair advantage?

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#2 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:41 AM

y

Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#3 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:27 PM

I can't imagine anyone thinking this is a good idea.  Even Plato, who famously advocated it in Republic, knew that it was unacceptable to construct a society as his was constructed, thus the "Noble Lie."  Rather than getting rid of an institution that makes things better, we'd be much better served trying to salvage good familial relationships where they are lacking.  Tearing down something good in the name of equality makes no sense; it's much better to increase that something so that more can benefit.

Also, I noted that the article says that evidence indicates that bedtime stories make a bigger difference in a child's future than does private schooling.  Nice.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#4 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:40 PM

This is what happens when people are so bored and have nothing else to contribute to society - they come up with nonsense like this.  Because the extreme left and SJWs don't like the notion of personal accountability, they want to punish those who work hard, make sacrifices and make good choices so that those who don't won't feel so bad about themselves.  There's a similar issue going on where 250k liberal arts majors are petitioning Warren to champion a cause to wipe out student debt.  It's not their fault that they chose to major in something utterly worthless or that they chose to go to a private school in lieu of the much more affordable public route.  It's not their fault that their dream job working for a non-profit dedicated to curing hearing loss in white fluffy rabbits born on a Tuesday in Peru doesn't pay more than minimum wage.

As long as we tolerate morons who push this agenda that life is somehow supposed to always be easy and pleasurable, we're going to have a hard time making any real advances.  The good news is that rational people still run this nation, so idiotic ideas like this serve little more than self-advertisement that you're speaking with a dipshit.

The dude's a philosopher in Australia...hardly emblematic of the American left.

And I will defend a liberal arts education to my death over "technical training".  As soon as your field changes, all that technical schooling isn't worth dick.  Liberal arts, on the other hand, prioritizes being well rounded, thoughtful, and capable of adapting yourself to a variety of fields.  I guess we do emphasize silly things like writing, speaking, and thinking.  I suppose "Putting a Nut on a Bolt 101" is better...that guy's easier to fire and replace.

Sister burn the temple

#5 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:20 PM

Big College and Big Student Loans sucker a bunch of naive and unsavvy people.

CEST2OGWAAIgJM0.jpg

#6 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:35 PM

Social Justice Warriors....

One of Dokken's best songs. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#7 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:39 PM

#8 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:49 PM

"It's Pat!" for the win.

Sister burn the temple

#9 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:26 PM

Sorry to keep hijacking, but we had a waitress last month who looked like Pat, and whose name tag said "Lucky." She was an Asian version of Pat. We never could figure out Lucky's gender.

Probably had one of those liberal art degrees too...

#10 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:34 PM

This is what happens when people are so bored and have nothing else to contribute to society - they come up with nonsense like this.  Because the extreme left and SJWs don't like the notion of personal accountability, they want to punish those who work hard, make sacrifices and make good choices so that those who don't won't feel so bad about themselves.  There's a similar issue going on where 250k liberal arts majors are petitioning Warren to champion a cause to wipe out student debt.  It's not their fault that they chose to major in something utterly worthless or that they chose to go to a private school in lieu of the much more affordable public route.  It's not their fault that their dream job working for a non-profit dedicated to curing hearing loss in white fluffy rabbits born on a Tuesday in Peru doesn't pay more than minimum wage.

As long as we tolerate morons who push this agenda that life is somehow supposed to always be easy and pleasurable, we're going to have a hard time making any real advances.  The good news is that rational people still run this nation, so idiotic ideas like this serve little more than self-advertisement that you're speaking with a dipshit.

I know a guy who went to Chiropractor School and owes well north of 125k. He also wants his debt wiped clean, while simultaneously complaining about  those lazy people living off the gubbermint. Couldn't make this stuff up...

I know at one point he was on food stamps too, while running his business. 

Really though, I think the degree has a lot less to do with it than basic social skills, and your ability to communicate effectively. I see countless college graduates who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground, seem to have a difficult time navigating basic grammar, and if I had to guess they probably interview for shit. 

#11 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:39 PM

I know plenty of parents on the left and don't know a single one who would support this nonsense. It's just a single lunatic. Next.

#12 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:28 PM

y

#13 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:57 PM

I'll give you a half like for that, which equals a full like here. 

Axl should have applied for a position when he had the cornrows back in the day.....weirdest story ever. 

#14 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:44 PM

This is a very weird story, indeed.  In my opinion, weirder than the Jenner transformation, in that sexual differences are physically real whereas racial differences, while carrying with them a myriad of physical traits, are more constructed, culturally based, etc. 

To quote a girl I heard talking at Wendy's one day, "they call me white chocolate".

Sister burn the temple

#15 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:48 AM

The University of California’s Insane Speech Police

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users