#1 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 09 September 2015 - 04:06 AM

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#2 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:22 AM

Come on.....the Spice Girls didn't float your boat?  They were great. That late 90s pop is underrated.

Some more 90s girl power....

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#3 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:10 PM

Spice Girls? No. 

Love that song by Robyn though. 

I would actually like to see the Britney Spears residency here (it gets awesome reviews) but the tickets were a bit too high for me to justify if I recall. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#4 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:13 PM

Madonnas new album is awesome. I love this song. 

#5 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:25 PM

"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#6 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:05 PM

Fun, fun, fun, fun! 

#7 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:13 AM

That Robyn songs one of my favorite hits from that era. Brings back lots of great memories.

Liz Phair deserved a much better career. Its a crime that the album that put her on the map(Exile in Guyville) did not have a hit on it. Had Supernova been on Guyville she would have been massive. The media was just begging to turn her into a star but she just didn't deliver. The fact that she suffered from a major case of stage fright did her no favors either.  That self titled album she did in 2003 hoping to become the next Sheryl Crow was pathetic. Too little too late Liz.

Guyville considered one of the greatest albums ever made but it lacks a great song to pull listeners in. That's a strange album. I kind of feel sorry for her because she had no idea that the world was going to react to that debut album. It shows. Whip Smart is good as well but you can tell she's trying to create a hit to match the hype. She got that hit but her moment was already passing.

There was a killer chick movement going on in the mid 90s  that didn't gain much traction. Handful of hits but faded rather quickly Here's another band that like Liz deserved more.....

-Adolf Hitler

#8 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:42 AM

Not 90s but I had to post this. Was just watching some of her videos and had forgot how killer this was....

Other than Madonna's Like A Virgin, I think that's as close as the world ever got to the female Thriller. Shania and that album were just everywhere back then. Its bat shit crazy that was 13 years ago. Holy hell. 

-Adolf Hitler

#9 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:57 AM

Just checked her album sales and technically Come On Over sold a few million more than this album did. Maybe so but I still think this one made the bigger pop culture splash. Having said that, that one was everywhere too.

-Adolf Hitler

#10 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:06 AM

She also had one of the best SB performances ever. Hurry and bring her back before she's too old for anybody to give a shit.

-Adolf Hitler

#11 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:38 AM

I'm not sure if this is specific to a certain genre. I loved this song/album back in the day. 

#12 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:02 PM

Liked them as well. Put them in the category of more deserving bands with Elastica, Veruca Salt, etc. Elastica made the colossal mistake of not really pushing their debut here in the US. They toured here a bit but when Connection was moving up the charts they should have been pounding the pavement here. Inexcusable although Justine was so strung out on heroin I guess we're lucky we got anything. 

Their album The Menace is THE blueprint for the Chinese Democracy fiasco. Said this those first few years of waiting and 8 or 9 years ago some journalist finally made the connection. The only difference is the CD wait was longer and instead of milking it, Justine said fuck it all and walked away. Never came back either.

-Adolf Hitler

#13 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:16 PM

one more thing about Shania...

She is really lucky there was never a career ending backlash. She was so goddamn hot and the songs so insanely catchy that she got a free pass. Her songs are so contrived. She was Mutt Lange's puppet. People knew this but they didn't really care.

She's went 13 years without an album. She is no longer with Mutt. Coincidence?

-Adolf Hitler

#14 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:23 PM

If you ever hear a Shania fan deny this hand em a copy of Hysteria.  Hysteria, Come on Over, and Up are interchangeable.

-Adolf Hitler

#15 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:58 PM

There's not a thing I like in this thread, so I'm gonna up its rock value:

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon