75 replies to this topic

#16 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:27 PM

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#17 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:38 AM

One of the best songs from Elastica's debut....

Now....the so called "hit" from her Chinese Democracy. Look how many musicians it takes for this band.when it used to require four. Sound familiar?  :P

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#18 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:45 AM

Connection on Jools Holland in 1994...

Connection being ruined in 2000.....no wonder she got back on heroin.....

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#19 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:43 AM

Echobelly. 

-Adolf Hitler

#20 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:16 AM

One more Elastica vid. Look at Justine's eyes in this vid. She must have shot up minutes before walking out there. Holy fuck. To use the words of the Frugal Gourmet, I'd eat her up like a sugar cookie....

-Adolf Hitler

#21 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 19 September 2015 - 11:32 AM

Echobelly. 

Catchy song, never heard this one before. Really like the band too. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#22 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:10 PM

They were great. In an issue of RS back in 94 or 95 they mentioned their album and had a pic of her in the article. They were part of that same Brit movement Elastica was in so I went and bought the album. Was very good and deserved more attention.

Kids today have no idea how lucky they are with easy access to music. Back then I had to pay like $15.99 just to hear them. Today you can hear it in 2 seconds with a mouse click.

-Adolf Hitler

#23 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:39 AM

I thought I posted this already. Did you imagine when you heard this that they were going to be a one hit wonder? I sure as shit didn't. That debut album was killer.

-Adolf Hitler

#24 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:36 PM

I thought I posted this already. Did you imagine when you heard this that they were going to be a one hit wonder? I sure as shit didn't. That debut album was killer.

Love this song and video back in the day. They had one more follow up video that I recall, that didn't last long.

#25 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:37 PM

I still listen to that album every now and then. They deserved so much more and MTV ought to be ashamed of themselves for not pushing that "chicks doing rock" movement that was mopping the floor with everyone. In the post grunge musical landscape they focused too much on that pop stuff(Hanson, Spice Girls,etc.) and that fabricated "east coast/west coast" rap thing.

-Adolf Hitler

#26 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:17 AM

-Adolf Hitler

#27 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:57 AM

-Adolf Hitler

#28 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 24 October 2015 - 03:52 AM

This is so strange to me. This girl is really talented, so I'm confused by the massive cleavage (really seems like she doesn't need to flaunt that asset, since she has other skillsets.) On the other hand, I REALLY LIKE her boobs, and her eyes, and her mouth.... So what's a guy to do?

#29 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 08:28 AM

And Gawd said: "Let there be a push up bra" :wub:

"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#30 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 25 October 2015 - 05:19 PM

I don't find her all that talented...must be the boobs, J.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users