#1 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 15 October 2015 - 12:47 AM

Does anyone here believe that once these two have passed away we might finally get a book from an insider admitting that Cheney was really our president and Bush just the front? Or is this something that will forever remain buried?

Hell, Powell even admitted that Bush could not make a decision without having a private meeting with Cheney. Powell would talk to him, then Bush would go converse with Cheney, come back and give Powell "his" decision.

I always wondered what a Bush presidency would have been like without Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Wolfowitz involved. 

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#2 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 15 October 2015 - 12:54 AM

Remember that brief look of fear on Bush's face on 9/11? I think it was because heavy shit was going down, he knew he really wasn't in charge,  the world had its eyes on him, and he was out of the loop. In those circumstances might have realized he was expendable.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#3 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:21 AM

I don't know that I'd go that far. 

Bush was an overwhelmed President, who wanted to come in, be a "compassionate conservative" and focus on things like education.  He ended up being well out of his element and having a presidency that was dominated by foreign policy in a way we hadn't seen since Reagan.  He just wasn't cut out for it and leaned heavily on his advisors...most of whom happened to all be neo-cons who agreed with each other, and the rest of whom were essentially given a "get on board or GTFO".  The only person close to being a statesman in that group, Powell, was marginalized by the neo-conservative power group.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users