#31 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:31 PM

According to Trunk, Eddie and Hagar have been talking and the Roth era might be over. I care nothing about a Van Hagar reunion but it makes sense. Roth is pretty much ruining the songs at this point, interest in VH declining,  and a Hagar reunion might create one more cash grab opportunity.

It also makes this Eat Em lineup situation much more interesting. 

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#32 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:22 PM

Gotta link?

Shit! They can't stop now. C'mon....at least put out another album. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#33 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 12:29 AM

I read it on Sludge. Was on Trunk's show, not his site. I'd like another album as well but I think one final tour is probably best case scenario. That whole lineup has their own little side projects going so it will be interesting to see if its really feasible. They should give an update while this reunion is still news. Playing the silent game like the GNR camp will completely kill this thing.

They should put out feelers for Coachella. No chance of headlining but something like this would be right up Coachella's alley. 

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#34 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:13 AM

I can't see Sammy going back to VH. Just can't. 

#35 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:31 PM

I can see Hagar going back. Plenty of people who grew up with Van Hagar would pay money for their nostalgia. Of course Michael Anthony would have to return too. Can't see Hagar doing the Wolfgang thing. If he does through Michael under the bus it is strictly a cash grab.

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#36 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 December 2015 - 03:56 PM

I can see Hagar going back. Plenty of people who grew up with Van Hagar would pay money for their nostalgia. Of course Michael Anthony would have to return too. Can't see Hagar doing the Wolfgang thing. If he does through Michael under the bus it is strictly a cash grab.

How  much money do these guys need? lol. Hagar must be loaded. If he did go back, I couldn't imagine him doing it without Michael Anthony, and I can't see Eddie kicking out his kid. Sooooo....

#37 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:22 PM

^ And supposedly Eddie has lots of hate for MA.

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#38 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:07 PM

Roth is obviously nuts and I'd imagine a huge PITA to deal with. But Sammy and MA come off as totally cool. Because of this I imagine EVH is probably a huge jerk. 

#39 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:23 PM

With Hagar its probably more about ego than money. He could balance the budget with his tequila money. 

It was crazy how for that 04 Van Hagar reunion the VH brothers made MA sign away all his rights to participate. MA said he "did it for the fans". He never should have done that no matter how fan friendly he is. I wouldn't have gave the VH brothers the satisfaction, and it also paved the way for Wolfie to enter the equation. 

-Adolf Hitler

#40 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:32 PM

Roth is obviously nuts and I'd imagine a huge PITA to deal with. But Sammy and MA come off as totally cool. Because of this I imagine EVH is probably a huge jerk. 

No doubt he's a PITA but I doubt the VH camp even has to deal with him much. Other than onstage they have no contact with him and Eddie said a couple years ago he wanted to bury the hatchet with Roth and reestablish a friendship and Roth basically told him to fuck off.

Kinda sad. Eddie probably regrets all the shit he said about Roth for 20 years. Roth was no saint either but he wasn't nearly as bad when it came to that shit. 

-Adolf Hitler

#41 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:35 PM

^ And supposedly Eddie has lots of hate for MA.

I love MA. He's vital to the VH sound. Has a VERY distinctive voice.  Having said that, he's the Adler of VH. He got tons of credits without even writing anything. I can see why Eddie was pissed about that but I do think he went too far with his hatred.

-Adolf Hitler

#42 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:00 PM

Well this is getting more interesting. Only question now is will it be a one off or a limited tour?

Bassist Sheehan says band will play together for first time in 30 years after recent show was pulled

David Lee Roth's planned reunion with the lineup from his solo album Eat 'Em And Smile will happen following last month's last-minute cancellation.

The band’s one-off concert at Lucky Strike Live in Hollywood on November 25 was cancelled due to overcrowding in the venue – but bass player Billy Sheehan confirms that they will be going ahead with the comeback at a later date.

The band have not yet said whether the reunion will be in the form of a show or a world tour.

The Hollywood gig would have seen guitar hero Steve Vai, bassist Sheehan, Ringo Starr drummer Greg Bissonette and keyboardist Brett Tuggle play the album together for the first time in 30 years.

Steel Panther vocalist Ralph Saenz, also known as Michael Starr, was also to join them onstage.

Sheehan said: "The fire department shut down the whole show before we got on stage. And did we ever have a surprise for you. Such is life. The place was so crowded and the line continued down to Hollywood Blvd all night. Just too many people."

California Rock News caught footage of a disappointed Roth leaving the Hollywood and Highland Centre on November 25. He can be heard apologising to fans, adding that they would find another venue to stage the reunion.

He asked bystanders: "Should we go to the Hollywood Palladium, maybe?"

Roth recently toured North America with Van Halen.

http://classicrock.t...ion-will-happen

-Adolf Hitler

#43 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:21 AM

Well isn't Dave having a good run...

I'd certainly be interested to see this. 

#44 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:24 AM

This looks like it's a year back, but has anybody heard of this before? First I had read of it...

Rob Zombie guitarist says he and DLR have made beautiful music together again
John 5 says he and David Lee Roth have put the finishing touches on an "incredible" new album.

The current Rob Zombie and former Marilyn Manson guitarist previously played on Roth's 1998 album DLR Band and he says the pair have struck gold again.

He tells One On One With Mitch Lafon: "We just made another record. And it's 11 of the greatest songs you'll ever hear, and it's just me and Dave, and we had Gregg Bissonette play drums on it.

"And it's unbelievable. There's a song called Somewhere Over The Rainbow Bar & Grill. And you know, just great, great songs. And hopefully sometime it'll see the light of day. But he's, of course, busy with Van Halen and all that stuff. But it's an incredible record."

He adds that the record has been in the bag for quite some time and that he hopes it will be released sooner rather than later.

He says: "I always go over to his house and we write music and things like that. It's a lot of fun. They're all original songs. I would just go over to his house during the day and write this music and then he would book the studio at night.

"It's really incredible. He loves it too, so maybe it'll see the light of day sometime."

#45 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:22 PM

Yeah they recorded that album years ago and it was scrapped. Fans have wanted to hear it for years but the chances aren't good. GNR fans are more likely to hear CD II than the John 5 material.

If we ever get to hear it, chances are its on a Roth box set down the road. I'd much rather hear the stuff from the Eat Em and Skyscraper sessions that didn't make the final cut.

If the Roth era VH is officially over, I hope he goes the Soundgarden route and starts cleaning out his vault. Springsteen has been doing this too. It makes perfect sense for artists their age. Not getting any younger and why not make some money off of material that's just rotting while bringing in zero income? If they don't do it now someone will do it after they die. Just wrap that shit in cellophane and let your fans buy it.

-Adolf Hitler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users