#1 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:24 AM

Our National Rorschach Test of Violence

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#2 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,662 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 December 2015 - 12:40 PM

I think a worthwhile question to ask would be "can a Muslim engage in violence without us thinking it's driven by religion?"

Do we know what this was yet?  I don't think we do.  If it was driven by religion, then so be it.  It would be harder to argue that it's ISIS related or something along those lines, but I'm open to the possibility.  Copycat violence after Paris seems more likely than there being a connection to a known terrorist group. 

By the way, given how quickly the article tries to pull the ol' Wizard of Oz "ignore the massive amount of fucking guns behind the curtain" and make this about explosives...did any explosives actually go off?  When I went to bed, none had.  

Thanks for TNR...you know it's like my morning coffee. 

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#3 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:14 PM

The latest shooting in California sure looks like terrorism to me. A Pakistani couple, and a third shooter who drove away. Over 1600 rounds ready to go. I sure hope this isn't the new method of attack, but I'm starting to think it may be. It was something I always was worried about. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#4 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,662 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:41 PM

It depends on the purpose.  If the purpose was those people specifically, then it's just mass murder.  Terrorism is about creating fear in a broader societal audience. 

Sister burn the temple

#5 Arminius

Arminius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 03:27 PM

Mass murders on that scale are typically committed by lone gun men looking for fame or holding some form of grudge. An organized, quasi military group going for maximum damage is typically terrorism.

#6 Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns

Members

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:55 PM

This is terrorism. 4,500 rounds and 12 pipe bombs...

#7 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:30 PM

This is terrorism. 4,500 rounds and 12 pipe bombs...

Absolutely. Its quacking like a duck so no use pretending its an ostrich.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#8 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:05 AM

An Islam of Their Very Own … Cont’d

#9 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:06 AM

San Bernardino shooting: Attacker pledged allegiance to ISIS, officials say

#10 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,662 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:36 AM

Well, there ya go.  Oddly enough, with all the focus on the wolves among refugee sheep, it's homegrown.  This is much more akin to Britain's problem.

Sister burn the temple

#11 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:38 AM

Would love to read something as to why? This guy seems to have a good paying job and all the western trappings of making it. What causes him to kill his coworkers who threw he and his new bride a baby shower a few months ago?

#12 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:49 AM

y

Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#13 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:56 AM

“Farook is the child of immigrants who came to the United States from Pakistan, and Malik [his wife, a native of Pakistan] travelled to the U.S. from Saudi Arabia,” according to the letter.

http://freebeacon.co...dino-attackers/

#14 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,662 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:04 PM

Would love to read something as to why? This guy seems to have a good paying job and all the western trappings of making it. What causes him to kill his coworkers who threw he and his new bride a baby shower a few months ago?

Didn't you read your TNR article?  Islam is a religion of war and serves to radicalize all of its followers to terroristic violence.  Baby shower be damned!  More below.

This is overly simplistic bullshit.  Rudy Giuliani (who was the last national Republican I seriously considered, before he went all right-wing nutjob to try to win the primary) doesn't get to define terrorism.  Until we established these connections to terror groups and/or political causes, this was just another mass shooting, albeit unusual in nature.  I think it was very fair to speculate about how this didn't look like a typical mass shooting and could, thus, be terror, but the number of bullets doesn't constitute terrorism, nor does the fact that is was done by Muslims.  Fuck, how many guys in Texas do you think have 4500 rounds?  More than a handful, I'd warrant.   

This guy was an immigrant who passed a security check. I'm sure all the refugee's who have no right or claim to our country will be as rigorously vetted.

Born in Chicago, last I checked. 

Sister burn the temple

#15 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:19 PM

I do think the ISIS recruiters hit a sweet spot through Islam to turn these migrants and second gen Muslims.

I agree with waiting until facts are known to label terrorist but I think Rudy and many people jump to their own conclusions based on political football. On twitter all morning of the shooting a first report said it was white men. People on the left went wall-to-wall with anti-GOP, anti-NRA, anti-Pro Lifers tweets. Some thought initially that it was a Planned Parenthood location being shot up -- some sort of copy cat to the loon earlier in the week in Colorado. Both sides immediately rush to paint these shooters as their political enemy. That said, I do think there seems to be more waiting on possible Islamic terrorism -- that seems obvious to anyone paying attention -- for political reasons as mentioned in the TNR piece.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users