#1 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:44 PM

Not 100% confirmed by the news but this looks to be the case.

15n6po2.png

I was not a huge fan but there will never be another one like him. 

RIP

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#2 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:47 PM

LOVE this song...

and of course....

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#3 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:50 PM

Holy shit. They covered Enter Sandman....

-Adolf Hitler

#4 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 08:26 PM

Official Motörhead
1 min · 
There is no easy way to say this…our mighty, noble friend Lemmy passed away today after a short battle with an extremely aggressive cancer. He had learnt of the disease on December 26th, and was at home, sitting in front of his favorite video game from The Rainbow which had recently made it’s way down the street, with his family.
We cannot begin to express our shock and sadness, there aren’t words.
We will say more in the coming days, but for now, please…play Motörhead loud, play Hawkwind loud, play Lemmy’s music LOUD. 
Have a drink or few.
Share stories.
Celebrate the LIFE this lovely, wonderful man celebrated so vibrantly himself.
HE WOULD WANT EXACTLY THAT.
Ian ‘Lemmy’ Kilmister
1945 -2015
Born to lose, lived to win.

-Adolf Hitler

#5 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 28 December 2015 - 08:29 PM

Ah crap. RIP. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#6 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:08 AM

Lemmy-Kilmister-Dios.jpg

Glad I caught this last tour.  He looked frail as hell.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#7 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:40 PM

#8 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:53 PM

This is one of my favorite albums. This album came out after Fast Eddie Clark quit the band. Philthy Animal Taylor was a huge Thin Lizzy fan and since Brian Robertson was just fired from Lizzy Motorhead recruited him. The album is brilliant but the band self destructed during the tour as Brian was a bit of a lush.  

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#9 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:36 PM

Still hard to believe Lemmy is gone.

#10 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:22 AM

Lemmy's funeral to be live streamed on YouTube

#11 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:16 AM

According to the Liverpool Echo, a U.K. physics professor has thrown his support behind a campaign to rename a "super-heavy" periodic element in memory of Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister.

Fans wishing to honor Lemmy are petitioning to name one of four newly discovered elements after the recently deceased MOTÖRHEAD frontman.

"Heavy rock lost its most iconic figure over Christmas with the sudden and unexpected death of Ian 'Lemmy' Kilmister," said John Wright, the business support manager from York, England who started the petition. "Lemmy was a force of nature and the very essence of heavy metal.

"We believe it is fitting that the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry recommend that one of the four new discovered Heavy Metals in the Periodic table is named Lemmium."

Kilmister died on December 28, just two days before the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry announced the discovery of elements 113, 115, 117 and 118.

The petition has garnered more than 51,000 supporters, including Ken Durose, professor of physics at the University of Liverpool.

"When I put on my MOTÖRHEAD t-shirt this morning and came to work, I hadn't heard of the campaign to call one of the new elements 'Lemmium,'" Durose told the Liverpool Echo.

"The whole idea that you name a new heavy metal after Lemmy â€” he basically invented heavy metal but he always called himself rock 'n' roll — so I think it's a terrific idea.

"Everyone's really amused by it in the Department of Physics at Liverpool University.

"The problem is that elements have to be named after either their properties, a myth, a mineral, a place or a scientist.

"Unfortunately, Lemmy wasn't any of these, but if they broaden the criteria to include rock 'n' roll legends, he's in with a chance!"

For now, the new elements have "working names" — ununtrium and the symbol Uut for element 113, ununpentium and Uup for 115, ununseptium and Uus for 117, and ununoctium and Uuo for 118.

Read more at http://www.blabbermo...GY7OkYyL5glr.99

#12 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:17 AM

This is one of my favorite albums. This album came out after Fast Eddie Clark quit the band. Philthy Animal Taylor was a huge Thin Lizzy fan and since Brian Robertson was just fired from Lizzy Motorhead recruited him. The album is brilliant but the band self destructed during the tour as Brian was a bit of a lush.  

Rocks. 

#13 VOR

VOR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:02 AM

I had no idea Lemmy was dead. Yes, I do live under a rock.

I saw him in concert once. I think it was the Metal Masters tour with Black Sabbath and Judas Priest. Never been a big Motorhead fan, but I do think "The Chase is Better than the Catch" is a very good song.

I don't know how to make the video show up here like a picture. I used to be such a good troll, um, I mean contributor. My skills have gone to shit...

#14 VOR

VOR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:05 AM

That's funny. I just pasted the link and it made a video.

#15 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:09 AM

VOR, America needs you on Twitter.

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users