Photo

Spice Girls / Metallica Thread, Formerly Spice Girls Copying Gnr Reunion??

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 10 July 2016 - 12:53 AM

This is crazy. We all know their real reunion happened in 2007 but check this out. They just released this teaser video.

Looks like we're getting a 3/5 reunion this year. That vid has almost 1 million views already but I don't think this is going to go over well. Posh Spice was the most popular of the bunch and if she isn't there....I don't think this will even get off the launch pad. As far as Sporty Spice goes, the general public could probably handle her absence or just bring in a female Fortus and casuals will think its really her. Their last reunion tour was in arenas and I think a few stadiums in Europe. No way in hell can this fill arenas this time around.

THis will be interesting.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#2 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 10 July 2016 - 04:31 AM

I never thought they were that big? It's been a long time, but I thought they only had a couple of hits? 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#3 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:01 AM

Why the fuck are you checking in on the Spice Girls?  Do you like Ace of Bass too?   :D

Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#4 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 06:11 PM

Why the fuck are you checking in on the Spice Girls?  Do you like Ace of Bass too?   :D

Actually...yes. Well....three songs anyways.

Toaster, they were one of the biggest touring acts in the world late 90s. The 2007 reunion did ok but got negative press due to half empty arenas, many of which were sellouts but scalpers couldn't move all the tickets.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#5 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 11 July 2016 - 03:39 PM

I blame Brexit.

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#6 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:26 PM

WTF, ten days with no update?

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#7 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:44 AM

On Brexit?

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#8 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 26 July 2016 - 01:46 PM

Fortus and Frank will fill in the 2/5 spots. 

#9 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:36 AM

Looks like Sporty Spice is gonna try to put the kibosh on the whole thing.....

Spice Girls reunion turns nasty with legal threats

THEIR last comeback saw them promise their friendship would never end — but the latest Spice Girls reunion is set to turn very nasty.

The Sun reports that Mel C has threatened legal action against band mates Mel B, Geri Horner and Emma Bunton, who are re-forming the world’s biggest ever girl group for a 21st anniversary spectacular.

The bombshell news comes after Sporty Spice joined Victoria Beckham in refusing to re-join the Wannabe hit makers.

A source close to Mel C revealed: “Mel has told the other girls she is consulting lawyers about whether the reunion can go ahead without her.

“She believes she brought music credibility to the group and there is no Spice Girls without her. The other girls are in regular text and phone contact with her.

“There was talk of using the nickname GEM but they’ve decided against that because the strength is through the Spice brand.”

I broke the news last year that the Spice Girls were plotting a reunion to celebrate their anniversary but without Posh, who does not want to be involved.

Then I revealed the sad news in April that four had become three after Mel C pulled out of the plans too. It left the Spice comeback hanging by a thread, with just Geri, Emma and Mel B left to carry on the mantle.

But last month I told how the trio are powering on and have booked a date at Hyde Park for a massive concert next July.

All was going swimmingly — until now.

Fortunately, I’m told Geri, Emma and Mel B are carrying on with their idea.

My source said: “The girls are pressing ahead with their reunion plans as they were before.” Mel B recently confirmed herself that the Spice Girls brand is alive and well.

She said on US TV: “We are always going to be Spice Girls. We are definitely going to be doing some concerts.”

Luckily, Mel C is the only one causing them a headache.

Despite her point-blank refusal to take part in the reunion, Posh has given her blessing for the rest of the girls to go ahead.

The source added: “Victoria has told the girls to go for it.

“She’s been really lovely and supportive, which has been a relief to them.”

Geri, Emma and Mel B’s reunion plans are well under way.

They have a top manager on board in Joyce Smith, the lawyer behind the historic Rolling Stones gig in Cuba this year, and have been working in the studio on new music.

Let’s hope there’s a happy ending.

http://www.news.com....d02420028b31a60

-Adolf Hitler

#10 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:37 AM

“There was talk of using the nickname GEM but they’ve decided against that because the strength is through the Spice brand.”

:lol:  No shit.

-Adolf Hitler

#11 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:53 AM

First, bump.  Because,  you know, they're spicy.  PLEASE TELL ME WE HAVE NEW SPICE GIRLS NEWS!

But my real comment is that Metallica seems to be following the GNR model with their tour.  Looks like fewer dates, bigger stadiums (rather than arenas, which they hit a lot of last time out).

Sister burn the temple

#12 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:00 PM

First, bump.  Because,  you know, they're spicy.  PLEASE TELL ME WE HAVE NEW SPICE GIRLS NEWS!

But my real comment is that Metallica seems to be following the GNR model with their tour.  Looks like fewer dates, bigger stadiums (rather than arenas, which they hit a lot of last time out).

Yea, I just bought tickets to see them in Philly.  Very excited.  Haven't seen them live since Cincinatti in 09

Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#13 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:44 PM

Talk about a thread jack: Spice Girls ---> Metallica. hahaha

I saw Metallica once in the early 90s. No opener. Great show that I recall. I do remember trying to smoke a joint and a girl started screaming "Security, security, they're smoking pot!" (This was in SLC) Talk about lame....we found a bathroom and finished it there. 

Not sure why, but wouldn't bother to see them today. 

#14 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:36 AM

Please change the name to the Spice Girls/Metallica thread. :lol:

I saw them (Metallica...not the Spice Girls) on their most recent tour for the album before the current one.  It was a good show, didn't care for the openers who were both extreme metal acts.  I mean, Metallica is probably the biggest and most accepted by the mainstream metal act ever...I can only imagine that two bands using death metal vocals probably didn't appeal to many of the audience.

Sister burn the temple

#15 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:27 PM