16 replies to this topic

#1 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:28 PM

Even though in the US Hockey doesn't get the TV spots unless your watching cable, who's your team? Favorite player(s) past and present.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#2 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:02 PM

Can the Islanders have any worse luck as far as goalie injuries? Besides sucking of course.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#3 One Way Ticket

One Way Ticket

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:53 PM

Redwings are my team forever & not just cuz their on top, I grew up just north of Detroit & have been a Wings, Tigers,& Pistons fan my whole life though I must admit I steered away from the Lions at a very early age & ended up being a lifelong Broncos fan cuz of John Elway....and favorite NHL player all time would easily be Steve Yszerman hands down!!!!!
If you stay ready.....you never have to get ready!!!

#4 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:13 PM

I like the Redwings as well. Always put a decent team up and I was always a fan of Scotty Bowman. They're on top because they deserve it. I'm an Islander fan if that's possible. I liked Boston years ago especially when the Bruins went into the crowd at MSG and Mike Milbury beat a guy with the guys own shoe.

#5 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:27 PM

Favorite player....The Great One...Great Player and a good guy as well. Bobby Nystrom and Denis Potvin are my favorites though.

#6 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:58 PM

Red Wing, Habs always....Leafs suck..just saying

#7 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:20 PM

Islander goalie in his 2nd. year of a contract signed for 15 years Rick DiPietro is out for the remainder of the season. The Isles sign Junior Lessard (RW) from Atlanta. This after Atlanta said Lessard was not being shopped. The Isles also signed goalie Wade Dubielewicz of Russia in the KHL league. Hey Lisa at least the Leafs have a healthy Jason Blake playing well and they are not in last!

#8 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:59 PM

fucking miracle for the Leafs!

#9 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:53 AM

This just in...The Islanders and the Maple Leaf still suck.

#10 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:36 PM

The Chicago Blackhawks are the best. Bobby Hull, Bobby Orr, Stan Mikita, Phil n' Tony Esposito, and Keith Magnuson are my all-time favorite players.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#11 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:46 PM

The Hawks had some fine years and players....The Sutter's played and coached there too.

#12 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:04 PM

Hopefully this is the year they finally come in from outta' the cold.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#13 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:15 PM

New York Islanders with the 1st. pick Mr. John Tavares Scored 72 goals @ 16 years of age for the OHL and CHL League breaking the great one record. He does need some skating work and beefing up but should be what the Islanders are hoping for.

#14 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:34 PM

Redwings are on fire. Is it another Cup for Detroit?

#15 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:05 AM

Blackhawks, Blackhawks, Blackhawks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users