82 replies to this topic

#16 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:29 AM

I thought he resign a new contract with Florida? Interesting...He was making some nice money down there. He does love Kentucky though so I guess anything is possible. He'll make pro coaching money in either place, and have national attention as well. It's funny because he was such a quiet and shy kid.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#17 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:31 AM

He can probably expected around 2 1/2 to 3 million a year if he accepted a position at UK.

#18 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:32 AM

Plus being closer to home.......
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#19 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:40 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if they offered him something close to 3.5

#20 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:53 AM

They do tend to give boat loads to college basketball and football coaches. You wonder why tuition's are a bit high in most places? They also are non stop asking for donations from the alumni.

#21 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:24 AM

Krzyzewski has been at Duke since the early 80s, and no one has even 1/3 the wins he has at that school.

Krzyzewski at Duke 760-215 (.780)
Rupp at UK 876-190 (.822)
Knight at IU 661–240
Smith at UNC 879-254

...ect

Sorry, I must have been unclear. No other DUKE coach has 1/3 the wins AT DUKE that Coach K has. Obviously, the great coaches from other programs have similar win totals.

Rupp sort of defined basketball at UK, and really still does.

[...]

So, as you can see, it is not one coach at the University of Kentucky. While Adoph Rupp might be considered a legend in college basketball, he does not define the program at Kentucky.

My point is that the others aren't "legends" in the same sense. Successful, certainly, but I think we need to be less loose about applying that "legend" status.

And I'm struggling mightily with your defined/didn't define logic. Rupp is so mighty that he defines UK basketball, yet Kentucky is so mighty that it cannot be defined. This can only occur at the center of the universe, or where everyone's drunk on bourbon.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#22 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:47 AM

They do tend to give boat loads to college basketball and football coaches. You wonder why tuition's are a bit high in most places? They also are non stop asking for donations from the alumni.

The basketball program at UK is self-sufficient, and pays for the athletic dept's other programs.

#23 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:56 AM

And I'm struggling mightily with your defined/didn't define logic. Rupp is so mighty that he defines UK basketball, yet Kentucky is so mighty that it cannot be defined. This can only occur at the center of the universe, or where everyone's drunk on bourbon.

In is out, and dn sı uʍop.

Too, I should add, my brain is partitioned, and sometimes the various parts don't communicate with each other.

#24 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:25 PM

Hey how did you do that????

#25 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:00 AM

^^There are a bunch of sites on the web.

http://www.google.co...ype upside down

WORD OF WARNING... do not turn your screen upside down!!!

#26 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:18 PM

Go State!
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#27 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:21 AM

Calipari met with UK officials yesterday, and negotiations are continuing today.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4026848

#28 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:18 AM

Coach K Loves Duke! Dan Patrick used to have Coach K on and he recorded him saying "I Love Duke" He would play it all the time.

#29 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:34 PM

Making the rounds- Calipari has been offered 4.5 million/year and 6 years on a contract. I think that would make him the highest paid coach in the history of the NCAA. The news hear is reporting that it is a done deal, and an announcement is forth coming.

#30 Bob

Bob

Members

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:49 PM

That is a huge sum of cash. Expectations are going to be very high and I don't know if dude can live up to them.
I'm Bob. I'm 15 and pay $20,000 a year for insurance. I work at Dairy Queen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users