81 replies to this topic

#31 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:25 PM

Media is now reporting that it is 40 million for 6 years.

#32 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:20 AM

Calipari is the new coach and NC are the Champs!
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#33 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:27 AM

I would have rather seen just about any team win... other than NC.

#34 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:51 PM

Well, it is that time of year. What do you think is going to happen in Atlanta, Tman. Personally, I think that it is going to come down to Ol' Miss and Vandy. I hope that Blue pulls it off, but their record on the road, against SEC teams is abysmal. Granted, it is a neutral court, but with that many freshmen, consistency will be lacking.

#35 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:36 PM

GODDAMN!!! I was all ready to post that Pelphrey had coached his last game at Arkansas, but they just did a 20-2 run on Tenn to tie the game... w/ 2 min left!!!

#36 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,662 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:41 PM

Well, Indiana lost by 6 as the 11th seed in the Big10 tourney. Nice season. It's not as if they're a national program, with an enormous fan base, and a storied history, right? Oh, wait. That's exactly how it is. This fucking team should be FIFTH in the conference in its BAD years. Granted, the previous coach fucked them (and they fucked themselves in hiring a coach with a history of violations). But last in the conference is simply unacceptable. They need a big time turnaround (i.e. NCAA berth, 5th in conference) next year or their coach is a goner. It's a shame really.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#37 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:46 PM

Well shit! The Arkansans choked in the last minute.

Re Pelphrey:

Arkansas basketball coach John Pelphrey allegedly violated NCAA bylaws

Arkansas coach John Pelphrey allegedly violated Bylaw 13.1.1.1 stating that coaches cannot make off-campus contact with recruits before July 1. The agency retained a posted photo of the Arkansas coach with two recruits prior to the deadline. The NCAA has not ruled on the violations yet, and it is certainly not a major violation. However, it could very well be the nail in the coffin for Pelphrey at Arkansas.

http://www.allheadli...ted NCAA bylaws

#38 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,662 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:48 PM

IF you're looking for an excuse, it's usually easy to find one in the corrupt world of NCAA sports.
Sister burn the temple

#39 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:50 PM

Well, Indiana lost by 6 as the 11th seed in the Big10 tourney. Nice season. It's not as if they're a national program, with an enormous fan base, and a storied history, right? Oh, wait. That's exactly how it is. This fucking team should be FIFTH in the conference in its BAD years. Granted, the previous coach fucked them (and they fucked themselves in hiring a coach with a history of violations). But last in the conference is simply unacceptable. They need a big time turnaround (i.e. NCAA berth, 5th in conference) next year or their coach is a goner. It's a shame really.

Yeah, it is fucked up what has happened since The General left. IU needs to up some cash and get someone that can return the program to its glory... hell, I miss the rivalry. You guys used to be our biggest rivals, and it just ain't no fun anymore.

#40 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:55 PM

In Louisville, it is about 35/35/30- UK/UofL/IU... lived there about 20 years. This time of year it is insane.

#41 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,662 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:06 PM

Yeah, it is fucked up what has happened since The General left. IU needs to up some cash and get someone that can return the program to its glory... hell, I miss the rivalry. You guys used to be our biggest rivals, and it just ain't no fun anymore.

It's pathetic.

Just the other day in my class (I think you'll appreciate this), I used Bobby Knight to explain authoritarian governments and how they aren't inherently lacking in legitimacy. Yes, he was authoritarian and, in all likelihood, a dick...but he got results, won titles, and was immensely popular. If he ran for governor, he'd probably win. If he ran for dictator of Indiana for life...he'd probably win. I went to a Hoosiers game last December, and despite the fact that he was fired from the job, they still run footage of him in the pre-game, "get the crowd going" montage.

Anyway, yes it would be nice for the IU/UK rivalry to be what it once was. You guys went through a bit of a slump a while back, but I don't recall it being quite this bad. It's a great inter-conference rivalry and I'd rather see it any day than that ACC/BIG10 Challenge crap. They're two of the five historic programs (IU, UK, UCLA, UNC, Duke...though Duke is more recent, all things considered). I mourn this fall much as I do Notre Dame football, though that makes more sense in practical terms.
Sister burn the temple

#42 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,662 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:07 PM

In Louisville, it is about 35/35/30- UK/UofL/IU... lived there about 20 years. This time of year it is insane.

I'm surprised to hear it had that much IU support.
Sister burn the temple

#43 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:14 PM

Dude, cross the Kennedy bridge and it is all IU. Lots of bleedover.

#44 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:17 PM

Then, of course, too, IUSE offers instate to the metro area.

#45 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,662 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:20 PM

Dude, cross the Kennedy bridge and it is all IU. Lots of bleedover.

Interesting. Why not Louisville? It's public, right? And on the border. I'd expect more UK/Louisville bleedover into southern IN than IU bleedover into Kentucky.
Sister burn the temple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users