Photo

Gay Marriage/everything Gay Thread-Now With 20% More Gay!

• Please log in to reply
946 replies to this topic

#16 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:12 PM

one of very best make friends is gay..I love taking him shopping with me, he always tells me the truth about how something looks on me and he has impeccable taste! (better then me obviously!)

#17 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:14 PM

Those two comments from lisa back to back are funny as hell.

#18 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:00 PM

meh..I think I just type to see myself read

#19 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:37 AM

Vermont legalizes gay marriage with veto override MONTPELIER, Vt. – Vermont on Tuesday became the fourth state to legalize gay marriage — and the first to do so with a legislature's vote. The House recorded a dramatic 100-49 vote — the minimum needed — to override Gov. Jim Douglas' veto. Its vote followed a much easier override vote in the Senate, which rebuffed the Republican governor with a vote of 23-5. Vermont was the first state to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples and joins Connecticut, Massachusetts and Iowa in giving gays the right to marry. Their approval of gay marriage came from the courts. Tuesday morning's legislative action came less than a day after Douglas issued a veto message saying the bill would not improve the lot of gay and lesbian couples because it still would not provide them rights under federal and other states' laws. House Speaker Shap Smith's announcement of the vote brought an outburst of jubilation from some of the hundreds packed into the gallery and the lobby outside the House chamber, despite the speaker's admonishment against such displays. Among the celebrants in the lobby were former Rep. Robert Dostis, D-Waterbury, and his longtime partner, Chuck Kletecka. Dostis recalled efforts to expand gay rights dating to an anti-discrimination law passed in 1992. "It's been a very long battle. It's been almost 20 years to get to this point," Dostis said. "I think finally, most people in Vermont understand that we're a couple like any other couple. We're as good and as bad as any other group of people. And now I think we have a chance to prove ourselves here on forward that we're good members of our community." Dostis said he and Kletecka will celebrate their 25th year together in September. "Is that a proposal?" Kletecka asked. "Yeah," Dostis replied. "Twenty-five years together, I think it's time we finally got married." Craig Bensen, a gay marriage opponent who had lobbied unsuccessfully for a nonbinding referendum on the question, said he was disappointed but believed gay marriage opponents were outspent by supporters by a 20-1 margin. "The other side had a highly funded, extremely well-oiled machine with all the political leadership except the governor pushing to make this happen," he said. "The fact that it came down to this tight a vote is really astounding." Also in the crowd was Michael Feiner, a farmer from Roxbury and gay marriage supporter, who took a break from collecting sap for maple syrup-making to come to the Statehouse. "I'm taking a break to come and basically make sure that I was here to witness history," he said. The House had initially passed the bill last week with a 95-52 vote.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#20 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:44 AM

^^^Although I'm not gay, you are very attractive to me... How do you think Steer's would effect your marriage? Let's Steer the Queers!
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#21 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:01 PM

Why did Vermont elect a Republican governor?
Show me your dragon magic

#22 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:13 PM

Pro Maple syrup!
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#23 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,662 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:19 PM

Vermont legalizes gay marriage with veto override

MONTPELIER, Vt. – Vermont on Tuesday became the fourth state to legalize gay marriage — and the first to do so with a legislature's vote.

After years of blaming unaccountable activist judges who were, apparently, going against the will of the citizens, it'll be interesting to watch the social conservatives come up with a new excuse as to why this shouldn't count.

See...that's the problem with hate. You try to justify it, but the sources of your justification are slowly eroded. They weren't against gay marriage...they were against it being imposed by judges. Well, now it's been done by the legislature via supermajority...I suppose now it'll turn out that it's REALLY fucking important for a governor to also support it. And, then, when a state has that happen, it'll turn out that they don't really think this is a state government decision, but really needs to be done via referendum. And, then, when the people support it, it'll turn out to have been a national issue all along.

At some point, they'll just have to admit that they're bigots, plain n' simple.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#24 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:27 PM

That's pretty much how I see it. ^^

#25 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Michigan

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:01 AM

Semantics is the American way dude.

Exactly. Marriage is a word. And it seems to scare people when it involves gays.

I voted for steers, just because Texans probably think they have more steers than gays.

#26 Rim Job

Rim Job

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:07 AM

OMG, teh scary gays are trying to take away our freedoms!
http://www.politico....tid=18852128001

#27 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:03 AM

They are "coming together in love" huh? Wow! That ad was fucked up! I also notice how they don't explain HOW the gays will disrupt THEIR marriage. But watch out! The "storm is coming!!!"

#28 Rim Job

Rim Job

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:59 PM

They are "coming together in love" huh? Wow! That ad was fucked up!

I also notice how they don't explain HOW the gays will disrupt THEIR marriage.

But watch out! The "storm is coming!!!"

its the classic conservative strategy of painting themselves as the victims as a cover for victimizing someone else.

allowing gays to get married does not disrupt a damn thing in any one else's marriage or lives. But they use strong langauge like "taking away our freedom" and it gets their base rallyed around them. :(

#29 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:26 PM

Yes, what freedom of mine are they infringing upon I wonder?

#30 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:06 PM

Too funny, someone found/leaked the audition tapes

Show me your dragon magic

0 user(s) are reading this topic