• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:15 AM

I Just think that Sony went about the whole thing wrong. Mainly Paul shouldn't have been hired for this. 

There was no need to do a reboot of the franchise. This thing may end up sink at the Box office like Fantastic Four did last year!

#32 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 March 2016 - 06:52 PM

I Just think that Sony went about the whole thing wrong. Mainly Paul shouldn't have been hired for this. 

There was no need to do a reboot of the franchise. This thing may end up sink at the Box office like Fantastic Four did last year!

The new trailer is getting slammed. They kind of deserve it though, it was pretty weak. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#33 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 15 March 2016 - 02:30 AM

Wiki Leaks

#34 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:07 AM

Years ago the sent Bill a script for a third now and he sent it back shredded in a box to them.

#35 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:20 PM

Years ago the sent Bill a script for a third now and he sent it back shredded in a box to them.

haha, that's awesome. Looks like they were willing to threaten litigation to get him in this movie.  :blink:

#36 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:12 PM

What If ‘Ghostbusters’ Marketing Is Intentionally Bad?

#iThing #word
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#37 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 June 2016 - 01:38 AM

Bah! That's quite a stretch.

As much as I generally dislike reboots, I almost always want them to be good for some reason. Not sure why. I guess I want them to do the original justice, or perhaps I just think it would be fun to enjoy the movie from a new perspective. Unfortunately they almost always let me down. 

#38 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:12 PM

As much as I generally dislike reboots, I almost always want them to be good for some reason. Not sure why. I guess I want them to do the original justice, or perhaps I just think it would be fun to enjoy the movie from a new perspective. Unfortunately they almost always let me down. 

Remakes generally suck.  They're doing an all-female Ocean's 11...which will be the third Ocean's 11 and only about 15 years after the first remake.  I just don't get it.  Are we that short on creativity that the best we can do is to retell the same story with new actors?  Is it really creative if we just sub out men for women or one race for another?  Seems pretty weak, to me. 

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#39 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:34 AM

#40 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:26 PM

Still not funny....

#41 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:16 AM

Still not funny....

I was never a big Ghostbusters fan but that's an abomination. With some B movies the exception, it's the worst trailer I've ever watched. Like you said, its not funny at all and there's nothing even remotely interesting about it. It's also going to bomb. They could've made more money by simply releasing the original in theaters for a limited run.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#42 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:35 AM

#43 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:47 AM

Well it's looking like pretty mixed reviews here. Metacritic @ 63% and Rotten 'maters @ 76%. 

#44 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 11 July 2016 - 03:20 AM

That's actually a pretty good rating by Rotten Tomatoes. Surprising judging by that trailer.

I rarely check reviews anymore. Most of them are bought and paid for.....especially on horror sites. Websites want to continue getting perks from the studios so they continually hype movies they themselves know are shit. I loathe Bloody Disgusting now.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#45 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:34 AM

That's actually a pretty good rating by Rotten Tomatoes. Surprising judging by that trailer.

I rarely check reviews anymore. Most of them are bought and paid for.....especially on horror sites. Websites want to continue getting perks from the studios so they continually hype movies they themselves know are shit. I loathe Bloody Disgusting now.

Often times when movies are first released they have a higher rating on RT. I can't remember why, but if they aren't too good they end up trending down to a more accurate score. Timothy would know I'd imagine. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users