227 replies to this topic

#1 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:42 PM

Denver takes Patriots offensive coordinator as new head coach.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#2 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:30 AM

Looks like Indy is looking for a new head coach.

#3 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:10 PM

NY Giants, want Plaxico Burress to get a second chance after accidently shooting himself in the leg with his unlicensed 9 mm. at a NYC club. I think he was sorely missed during the playoffs. He does have a history of not using his head. Coach Cowher told him to take a hike because off his me first attitude. Cowher often let go of good players if they did not conform to his team standards let alone act like a pro off the field.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#4 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:09 PM

Rex Ryan rumored to be next head coach for the Jets. He still has to get his game together for the upcoming game vs. Steelers. The Steelers will have the edge for that game.

#5 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:40 PM

who ever wins the Steelers game is winning it all.

#6 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

And I hope it's the Steelers!

#7 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:46 PM

The Tampa Bay Bucs fire John Gruden. He has had a rough stretch during the last few years due to injuries, retiring players and free agency. He did however take his team to the franchises only Superbowl and won. Some Bucs fans blame the 9-3 start season then to collapse as the coaches fault due to play calling. If the team can't run the plays on the field, then I guess they should be held responsible. Some Bucs fans are calling for Cowher to come down and take over....Some believe Tony Dungy is coming back to fix the club to make them winners again. Just remember one thing, the Bucs won the Superbowl with Gruden when Dungy couldn't get the team past the playoffs....Maybe it isn't always the coaches fault. Dungy went to the Colts and won a Superbowl. Gruden is a damn good coach period. If the Jets do not hire Rex Ryan, they should look at Gruden.

#8 One Way Ticket

One Way Ticket

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:18 PM

I don't mean to be a DICK but I live in Tampa & Gruden won his Superbowl with a Dungy built team, the very next year, gruden dismembered all of the superbowl winning offensive line to meet what he thought was a great team & shit has been falling in Tampa ever since, Dungy will never coach again...Guaranteed!!!!! Denver just got a great coach & yes, PLEASE....Cowher, come down & save Tampa!!!!! :P
If you stay ready.....you never have to get ready!!!

#9 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:19 AM

First off this is a free fire zone and your not a DICK for speaking your mind. Here you would know more about the Buc's being that you live there and your a fan! So let's begin... Well my post was really just a let's get something going....Dungy left Tampa with the stigma of He can't get the team into the big game and he didn't. Your right I think he's tired, football has taken it's toll on him and his family especially with his son killing himself. He won his Superbowl with the Colts. Gruden came in changed the offense, went to the Superbowl and won period. Regardless of who built the team. How many rings does Parcell's have and he built half the teams in the damn league. Including the Pats. Gruden also had a great 3 year winning team including a AFC championship with the Raiders. He built that team and after he left; they have shit the bed. He had many problems since the Superbowl win. Q.B. injuries, defensive retirement, losses to free agency and out right get off my team (K. Johnson). He wanted guys and the team didn't give him everything he needed. That is why the GM was canned as well. The team was looking good going into December 9-3 but Garcia got hurt, Adams and White injured (both defensive ends hurt is huge) punter hurt Linebacker Brooks hurt and offensive linemen were hurt as well. Plus your defensive coordinator tells you he's leaving before the season is over. They did have plenty of salary cap room to go get someone but honestly who wants to go to Tampa when they can go to a big market team? The GM was Gruden's pick but he was a salary cap guy not a player guy. Glazer needs blame as well for not hiring a proper player personnel guy. Clayton? screw him he's a me guy and thinks he's T.O. he is looking to get out of Tampa as well as 6 or 7 other guy's. Asking Gruden to do everything on and off the field is crazy. That's a big hill to climb. Believe me I know disappointment! I'm a JETS fan.....I'm also a conservative....Your looking at Raheem Morris who I know from being close to Hofstra coaches and friends; he is a good guy but is he up to the task....He may well be?? I don't see any improvement in the change from Gruden to Morris at this point. That remains to be seen. I wish your team luck!

#10 One Way Ticket

One Way Ticket

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:59 PM

I am actually a Denver Broncos die-hard, I do follow the Bucs because I live here but I have been following the Broncos all of Elways' career & have stayed with em through the Bubby Brister & Brian Griese dark eras, I think it was a huge mistake getting rid of Jake Plummer, that man has some serious skills but I'm also very pleased with Jay Cutler, he's young & makes some eratic decisions at times but he has a cannon!!! It's kind of sad to see Shanahan go but nothing has been happening for about 4 years I watch an explosive offense put up major numbers only to give it back up with their high school defense, It's time for a change but I'm not sure going out & hiring an offensive coordinator is the way to go, offense isn't the problem.....anyway, can't wait til August to see how it shakes out again.
If you stay ready.....you never have to get ready!!!

#11 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:23 PM

I agree with all of your info on the Bronco's. Plummer was good for them I guess just not PC or fan friendly?? Cutler has been called the next Farve. Yeah what happened to the D???The were always know to have an awesome defense.

#12 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:49 PM

So it's almost game time! I'll be watching

#13 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:57 PM

Arizona is playing pretty damn good.

#14 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:52 PM

Yeah man. The Eagles are making a small come back. The Cards are playing well O and D. Celek has played real well making nice catches and taking some big hits. His TD catch was thrown that well either. Curtis is playing well too. Larry Fitz is playing some of his best football.

#15 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:03 PM

Cards up by 7 now. 2 Minute warning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users