• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:53 PM

Jim here. Here is a strong rumor that should whet your appetites! (or sour them if you have had too much of the franchise). I have been hearing rumblings... extremely quiet at first, but now heating up significantly and from a trusted source - that George Lucas is preparing to unleash another STAR WARS trilogy upon us, this time in stereoscopic 3D. This is NOT the TV series, these are brand spankin' new 3D STAR WARS movies.

Yes, the pending 2D to 3D conversions of his six existing STAR WARS properties are still a go as 3D theaters are approaching 3000 (5000 is the number Lucas wants). No word on when this work will be completed.

But here is the shocker: Lucas will be producing and NOT directing these new episodes apparently! Could Steven Spielberg be tapped to direct a STAR WARS movie after all? Yes according to a trusted source of mine! Further, Francis Ford Coppola was mentioned too as a possible director for a future film!

A lot depends on the success of AVATAR this winter - if it takes off like everyone is expecting it to, then you will most likely see three additional STAR WARS movies added.

What an interesting competitive box office landscape that would make over the next 6 to 10 years! James Cameron's AVATAR world vs. George Lucas' STAR WARS world. I could see Lucas getting a little jealous over a successful launch of AVATAR - jealous because it is a fully articulated universe, like his. And if he doesn't act on it - his franchise may well be relegated to a back seat as potentially the records will start falling to Pandora. Heck STAR WARS is still not 3D yet and what better way to try to maintain a lock on bragging rights than to launch into three more in native stereoscopic 3D.

How seriously should you consider these rumors? Well it is coming from a source that SHOULD KNOW. This source is absolutely connected. So odds are it is seriously being talked about at Lucasfilm. Right now. Will it happen? AVATAR will have to hit and hit big and then all the stars have to align properly - all I can do is pass on the info.

Personally I WANT this to happen dearly. I REALLY want to see what the STAR WARS universe looks like in Spielberg's hands *AND* in stereoscopic 3D. You would too, wouldn't you? :-)

http://marketsaw.blo...up-another.html

#2 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:24 AM

Just make it good, I don't care if it's in three D or not.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#3 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:30 AM

doing like Jim's Avatar is going to let them do some crazy fucking jedi battles.

#4 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:57 AM

I'm more interested in these movies not sucking than anything else. If Lucas wants to outline a plot, more power to him. But he shouldn't be writing these lame-O scripts. And, for the love of all things Jedi, use people who can act. Natalie Portman was HORRIBLE in those last three. As were both the kid and the adult who played Anakin. Awful. Just awful.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#5 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:57 AM

I actually think Episode 1 is the best of the prequels.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#6 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:40 AM

I actually think Episode 1 is the best of the prequels.

I would agree that the acting is least bad in that one, mainly because the uber-lame "love story" dialogue isn't yet present. But that part when the kid says "What are midichlorians?"...man, what an awful setup. That shit belongs in an infomercial:

"I've been wondering...what IS Miracle Blade?"

"I'm glad you asked! Miracle Blade is the latest in Japanese quadro-carbonite steel, and can cut through the Iron Curtain!"
Sister burn the temple

#7 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:58 AM

The battle with Darth Maul is easily one of the best duels in Star Wars history too. I think they were morons to kill him off, he should have been in the second and third to at least elevate those films beyond total shite.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#8 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:33 AM

The battle with Darth Maul is easily one of the best duels in Star Wars history too.

I think they were morons to kill him off, he should have been in the second and third to at least elevate those films beyond total shite.

Yes, that part was very cool, as was the orchestration that backed it.

But so many things about that movie were too silly. Was it kinda cool when they were underwater being chased by a massive fish-thing, only to have it eaten by a bigger fish-thing? Yes, it was. Was it cool when it happened AGAIN in the same scene? No, suddenly I'm wondering if George simply can't choose between his two fish-thing scenes, and so decides to use them both, despite it seeming ludicrous.

Then there's a kid who's NEVER won a race winning one, despite stalling his engine and falling way back. This isn't the Indy 500. You don't have time to make up ground over the next four hours.

DAMN IT GEORGE!
Sister burn the temple

#9 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:40 AM

Yeah, all reasons why the movie probably only finds its way into my DVD player every year or so, lol.

#10 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:44 AM

Yeah, all reasons why the movie probably only finds its way into my DVD player every year or so, lol.

Do you guys get the Spike Network? Seems like they're playing Star Wars movies all the time. Old and newer.
Sister burn the temple

#11 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:56 AM

Yeah, and on the Action Network it seems like they've been showing The Rock and Con Air every few hours for months now.

#12 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:46 PM

I'm more interested in these movies not sucking than anything else.

I couldn't make it through the first one, and turned it off. I tried a couple more times to watch it, but could not.

#13 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:56 PM

both set of Trilogies have there good points and there really bad points. Both had some horribly acting.

#14 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:18 PM

Such a shame to taint something as killer as Star Wars.

#15 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:46 PM

Lucas=Little People's best friend
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users