TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:59 AM

http://www.guardian....-2010-live-blog

2.54pm: Fifa are by all accounts getting extremely agitated by the lack of action in Brazil, due to host the World Cup in 2014. Indeed, there have been rumours that America has been lined up as alternative hosts should they not shape up sharpish, with 2018 destined for Europe and 2022 apparently Asia- (or possibly Australia-) bound. "I have received some reports on the stadiums and that does not look good at all," is Fifa secretary general Jerome Valcke's assessment. "It's incredible how Brazil is running late, and I am not just talking about Morumbi [stadium in Sao Paulo] or Maracana [stadium in Rio], but about all the stadiums. Many of the deadlines have already expired and nothing has happened." Before American readers get too excited, they should bear in mind that there were strong rumours that they would end up hosting this World Cup too a few years back.
Show me your dragon magic

#137 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:13 AM

Any truth to the rumor that all stadiums in 2014 are to have the appearance of delightfully large Brazilian asses?
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#138 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:57 PM

Any truth to the rumor that all stadiums in 2014 are to have the appearance of delightfully large Brazilian asses?

Brazilian asses and anal probes for sharks - I sense July 4th theme in the freedom78 household :)

Anyway, doesn't Brazil have the 2016 olympics too, might have more worries than ass-shaped stadiums......would be a huge blow to national pride if they lost a World Cup, can't really see it happening but it does feel like the money for countries/governments to fund WCs/Olympics indefinitely might not be there?? The upcoming Commonwealth Games (India) and the European Soccer Championships (Poland/Ukraine) have been reported to be way behind schedule too.

#139 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:37 PM

IDK...sort of in for Germany...sorry Tap..only cuz Iknow my Da (r.i.p) would have rooted for the motherland..he was from there, I am first generation Canadian ;)..if not..Im a little swayed towards the Netherlands :) please dont kick me now..

#140 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:04 PM

IDK...sort of in for Germany...

I'm sure you do a very cute goose step :P

#141 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:55 AM

IDK...sort of in for Germany...

I'm sure you do a very cute goose step :P

She really needs to post a pic, wearing her lederhosen.

I assume she'll be pulling for Germany in the battle of FFS (that's "Former Fascist States").
Sister burn the temple

#142 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:14 PM

She really needs to post a pic, wearing her lederhosen.

That would certainly make this the best WC ever.

#143 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:16 PM

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#144 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:36 PM

What a strange little man.

#145 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:37 PM

Good semi-final, would have been fun to see what happened if Uruguay scored a third at the end.

#146 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:42 PM

He's a capitalist. Here's a product that billions love. But he hates it. Why? Probably because Europe likes it. So, in Glenn Beck's mind...being anti-Europe trumps being pro-capitalist.

He's a fucktard. I could give a shit about most Olympic sports, but I still watch and root for my country (and the occasional underdog, like that African kayak guy a few years back). You couldn't pay me to watch figure skating or gymnastics...unless it's during the Olympics (I still may want a compelling underdog story, but I don't reject them out of hand, as Beck does with soccer). You will never drag me to see people ski, shoot, ski, shoot, and ski some more. But put a flag on somebody's ass, and I'll watch during the Olympics. Same with the World Cup. And, as an added incentive, it's not something my country is dominant at, as we are in basketball, snowboarding, and WAY too many women's sports. I get to root for America AND the underdog, because for once we're one and the same. What's better than that?

By the way, anyone read any of the World Cup thread over at HTGTH? It's psychotic melodrama fighting between the European and South American posters, with a typical lack of neutral moderation.
Sister burn the temple

#147 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:45 PM

Can Glenn Beck explain salary caps to me? Soccer doesn't have them.....

#148 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:05 PM

a leafy green vegetable..fashioned to form a hat??

#149 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:00 PM

a leafy green vegetable..fashioned to form a hat??

Would look great with the lederhosen.

#150 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:01 PM

word...do you believe I actually own Lederhosen?? lmao...Oktoberfest is huge here in Ontario...I worked festhalls serving beer many a yr for extra $$ big boobs=big tips ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users