66 replies to this topic

#61 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:16 AM

^^ I had almost as much elation when that scam broke as I did when Jim Baker got busted. My in-laws used to visit Baker's theme park in NC. Once, my wife's uncle tried to convince me to give $1000 bucks to PTL(I think that is what Baker fronted). My FiL had to tell the guy that I wasn't a fan of Jesusland(I didn't want to be rude).

#62 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:35 PM

I'm annoyed less by any one song but more by the new "girl at piano with generic voice that lacks any and all characteristics that might make it distinguishable from other girls at pianos" genre. There are too many artists and songs in that group to possibly list them.

Kid Rock All Summer Long

Agreed. What a ripped off P.O.S.

I never have liked them. The mans voice gets on my nerves.

Have you listened to the stuff he did with Allison Krauss a couple of years ago?

Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation is also pretty good...then again, if you despise Plant, I suppose that it's not recommended. But for people who like him, check it out.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#63 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

This is fucking fantastic
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#64 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:41 PM

Meet the Mumbles:

http://www.stupidvid...umbles_/#239123
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#65 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:53 PM

I thought it was Wilson Phillips, until I noticed that there were too many ugly fat ones.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#66 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:06 AM

macarena makes me want to jump from the window. gosh, the girl's voice is hideous!

That one brunette chick lip syncing some of the words was fucking gorgeous. That mouth could suck a watermelon through a garden hose.

then again, if you despise Plant, I suppose that it's not recommended. But for people who like him, check it out.

I cant imagine anyone hating his solo track Big Log....even his haters. Such a beautiful song.

I thought it was Wilson Phillips, until I noticed that there were too many ugly fat ones.

Those first three singles from that album(Hold On, Impulsive, You're In Love) was a great 1-2-3 punch and sent them into the stratosphere. Had they came out earlier in the 80s, would have had a huge career. When album two came out, the musical landscape had changed and no one gave a flying fuck about Wilson Phillips.

That video of Impulsive used to get my juices flowing when I was a teen. Wendy Wilson never looked better than she did there.

Surprise, surprise, surprise!

#67 BlowUpYourVideo

BlowUpYourVideo

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:18 PM

I was looking back at this thread and saw both Led Zep and Avril being dissed! Posted Image I'm having second thoughts about joining this forum......

But anyway, there's something about Not Fair by Lily Allen which grates a bit to me. Those in the UK will likely be more 'familiar' with that song. Also, mostly anything by the Arctic Monkeys annoys me too. "Ah've got a quirky accent and everyfing rhymes....." Gah.
"If you've got a knife on your person and you're not in a kitchen, you're going to jail. You're not going round your mate's house to slice a fucking pear are you?" - Noel Gallagher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users