17 replies to this topic

#1 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:47 PM

You may not want to admit it but you watch Nascar, Indy etc... Thoughts and comments?
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#2 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:17 PM

no and no. The only racing I'll ever entertain is Horse. Thourough breds and Standard breds..even cart although it is slow and boring..and maybe if I am in Florida, dog.

#3 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:38 PM

Hey I'll talk Thorough breds with ya but I'm kinda stuck in the NY groove or at least East coast. My favorite horse "Cigar" My Favorite Jockey "Jerry Baily"
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#4 One Way Ticket

One Way Ticket

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:52 PM

I go to Daytona every year cuz my dad sends me tickets, I don't mind going to the track & drinkin beer with someone but it's not something I can sit in my house & watch for 5 hours straight, I'm going to the Bud Shootout under the lights Feb. 7th so that should be pretty cool!!!
If you stay ready.....you never have to get ready!!!

#5 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:55 PM

Very Cool. I usually hit Pocono (Aug) and Lowes (Oct). If I have time I'll watch the race on TV or at least a replay but I usually am up to date with everything.

#6 One Way Ticket

One Way Ticket

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:58 PM

I would love to go to Pocono & Lowe's is awesome, I've been once, Bristol is the best though, except for last year I had been to the previous 5 spring races at Bristol & there is nothing like it!!!

#7 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:04 PM

I would love to hit Bristol or Martinsville but I just haven't done it yet. Dover is cool. I like the smaller tracks because you can see all but it's all cool really. Lowes and Pocono I pay the $30.00 easy out fee but Dover is a long slow exit. Texas is my next stop though. My cuz gets a corporate box.....

#8 One Way Ticket

One Way Ticket

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:19 AM

That's awesome, special privelage tickets are the best, last year at Daytona my dad sent tickets along with Budweiser tent tickets for all the corporate big wigs, all the free food & beer you can handle....needless to say I'm very happy I always bring a designated driver with me!!!

#9 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:56 AM

Yeah my Pocono trip for the last 3 years I've went with the sky box. 500.00 per seat but it's for 3 days parking and 3 days racing. Arca, Cup qualifing and Cup race. I go with my son golf and hang. This year is up in the air....I may bring the 10 year old??? No golf with him yet. We'll see.

#10 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:38 PM

A lot of wrecks in the shootout in Daytona....Good idea to have a relatively new car with a new tire and not allow any testing......Some unproven drivers...I understand that NASCAR wants to even the playing field and keep costs down but at a bumpy track with extreme banking where your hitting up to 200 MPH??? The 500 should take about 8 hours to run and hopefully no one gets hurt.

#11 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:01 PM

MY dad was a HUGE Nascar Fan...omg..the shit he has collected over the years..I have to sort through it all and not being a fan, I do not know what is good or important and I would feel horrible disposing of something he spent big $ on to collect...he has a wooden carving in a picture frame of Dale Ernhardt(sp) sr...ticket stubs, t shirts, collector t shirts and collector hats...so much stuff

#12 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:29 AM

DO NOT go to a store that sells this stuff...They will rip or try to rip you off. Go to Motor Bids.Com and peruse through the collectibles and see if there are any items to base what the stuff may be worth.....You can also send them pics and/or a list of the items. They may give you a value. I also collect stuff...Mostly die casts...You can also call or e-mail a Sirrus XM show on the NASCAR channel. They do that also, but I don't know the particulars of the show.

#13 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:37 AM

I would agree with the MACK here. I like racing , but am more of a F1 fan.

#14 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:53 AM

I like F-1 and Indy too but the cars are so fragile....The money involved in F-1 and Indy is so unbelievably high too. Some of those guys come over to NASCAR and are amazed how good these guys are as drivers and how unstable the cars are compared to F-1 and Indy cars are.

#15 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:00 PM

Living in Indy, needless to say there's only one race (well, actually two these days...but still).
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users