19 replies to this topic

#1 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:00 PM

Home: News Tom Cruise 'always wanted to kill Hitler' SEOUL, South Korea, Mon Jan 19, 09:01 AM Tom Cruise says playing an anti-Hitler plotter in his latest movie "Valkyrie" fulfilled a childhood fantasy. In real life, the American actor says he harbors feelings similar to his German character, who led a failed plot to assasinate the Nazi leader. "I've always wanted to kill Hitler. As a child, I used to wonder why someone didn't stand up and kill him," Cruise told reporters in the South Korean capital Sunday. Studying his character, would-be Hitler assassin Col. Claus von Stauffenberg, Cruise said he "came to greatly admire him." "Although the story takes place during the World War II, I found the story ageless," he said. Making the movie "was a powerful experience that I will never forget." Despite early skepticism toward "Valkyrie," the movie had a solid $21.5 million opening weekend in North America in December and has made a total $77.6 domestically since then, according to the box office tracking Web site Box Office Mojo. Cruise's visit to Seoul, where "Valkyrie" opens Thursday, marks a rare promotional stop by Hollywood to South Korea, which traditionally focuses on neighboring Japan as the industry's main Asian market. But South Korean movies, until recently the pride of Asian cinema for their ability to fend off American competition, are struggling even at home. Box office results for Seoul up to November 2008 place local films in the top two spots, but Hollywood films accounted for six of the top 10. "Valkyrie" director Bryan Singer said South Korea was picked as the first Asian country for the movie's release because it's "an extraordinary rising market" for both local and international films.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#2 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:01 PM

Damn Polls? I had some decent choices!
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#3 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:03 PM

Sorry, we're working on that.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#4 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:07 PM

No poll exists for this topic...

#5 One Way Ticket

One Way Ticket

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:55 PM

I don't think Tom Cruise is tall enough to kill anyone, that's why he has fantasies of killing someone who's already dead.......pretty cutting edge stuff there Tom!!!
If you stay ready.....you never have to get ready!!!

#6 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:23 PM

^^ Yeah, he is one fucked up idiot... that whole cult is fucked in the head. Rumor has it that the reason he left Nicole is that she was shying away from those wierdos.

#7 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:04 PM

I blown out light bulb, No step ladder, Tom Cruise...... Mission impossible.

#8 One Way Ticket

One Way Ticket

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:06 PM

NICE :D

#9 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:30 PM

Bah...I still like Tom Cruise, despite the oddities. I like 90% of his movies.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#10 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:33 PM

I love most of the dude's flicks.

#11 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:46 PM

Even the gay ones!

#12 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:48 PM

He top gun still can be good . Even though it was 1000 times gayer then Brokeback....and hell that was just the vollyball scene.

#13 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:49 PM

Snaps teeth in a biting fashion!

#14 One Way Ticket

One Way Ticket

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:53 AM

And the Kenny Loggins tune "playing with the boys" in that volleyball scene didn't help him out much either.

#15 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:06 AM

I won't watch any of his movies, or any movie that stars a scilon. I don't want any of my money supporting that cult. So, fuck Tom, Will, Kirsty, Katey, that weirdo that neglected his child to the point of death,... ect, ect!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users