BlowUpYourVideo

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:45 AM

Its punks turn fucker.

Oh yeah, seems I was fucking mistken. Accept my goddamn apologies.
"If you've got a knife on your person and you're not in a kitchen, you're going to jail. You're not going round your mate's house to slice a fucking pear are you?" - Noel Gallagher

#168 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:24 AM

Alright...Punk is up apparently: Mrs Brisby: Bootsy Collins, Eric Clapton, Bob Marley, Charlie Watts, Stevie Wonder GomerPyle: Chris Cornell, Buckethead, Ben Shepherd, Justine Frischmann, Nick Menza Tap: Malcolm Young, Mick Taylor, John Entwistle, Bill Ward, Ian Gillan Axlsmainman: W Axl Rose, Les Claypool, David Gilmour, David Knopfler, Ray Manzarek Blowup: Izzy Stradlin, Alan Wren, John Paul Jones, Todd Rundgren, John Squire freedom78: Keith Moon, Slash, Roger Waters, Ronnie James Dio, Billy Powell Timothy: Brain, Rob Halford, Tony Iommi, Joe Satriani, Steve Harris SLC: Freddie Mercury, Zakk Wylde, Duff, Jerry Cantrell Sonny: Keith Richards, Prince, Jack White, Larry Graham D: Flea, Trent Reznor, Jimi Hendrix, Steven Tyler
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#169 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:33 PM

I'm building a band with 6 members, so I will call it Building 7. ...also, bump
Show me your dragon magic

#170 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:11 PM

I'm worried some of my bandmembers might pass away before we ever get goin'Posted Image
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#171 sonny_1313

sonny_1313

Members

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:30 PM

I'm comfortable with my four man band if we quit now. Prince - Vocals, lead guitarKeith Richards - Rhythm guitarLarry Graham - BassJack White - Drums Pretty decent band.

#172 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:48 PM

I'm comfortable with my four man band if we quit now.
Prince - Vocals, lead guitarKeith Richards - Rhythm guitarLarry Graham - BassJack White - Drums
Pretty decent band.

Your band looks great, I might like it more than my own.

#173 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:39 AM

Rick Allen on Drums, oh and before you say anything, fuck you!
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#174 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:37 PM

Rick Allen on Drums, oh and before you say anything, fuck you!

Yes, yes, fuck us all. God forbid we say anything about you spending 42 days to finally settle on a one armed drummer. Posted Image
Sister burn the temple

#175 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:37 PM

I'm actually surprised by how solid each lineup is even if with some odd pairings. Even those that look unimpressive have potential. TAP's is pretty predictable yet unconventional if that makes any sense. I could actually picture that lineup doing something decades ago. Other than Dio, freedom has an impressive lineup. Brisby took a couple(Bootsy, Watts) that I was considering but have no complaints about my lineup. Only pick I hesitated on was Menza. Worst lineup is blowup's, but even his has potential. Most bizarre pairing is Freddie Mercury and Zakk.
Surprise, surprise, surprise!

#176 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:55 PM

I chose Dio because he could sing bluesier stuff, a la his Elf and Rainbow days, in addition to his impressive metal chops. Granted, it is odd to pick someone for the material for which they're much less well known. I suppose Dio could just be up there giving his "devil horns" salute, while Roger Waters sings in his manic, Wall era voice.
Sister burn the temple

#177 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:51 PM

TAP's is pretty predictable yet unconventional if that makes any sense. I could actually picture that lineup doing something decades ago.

Trying to create a sound I have in my head (and to drown out the voices.....), I love the percussive rhythm of early 70s Sabbath and Who but want a guitar sound less dark than Sabbath but crunchier than The Who. Malcolm Young brings that and also the tightness to keep the band together, with Mick Taylor wailing over the top like 72-73 tour Stones. Gillan has the looseness and sense of humour to fit in, as well as being my favourite singer. I can see Bill Ward's loose relation with actual timekeeping getting on Malcolm's nerves though.....which makes it even more fun.

#178 BlowUpYourVideo

BlowUpYourVideo

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:18 PM

Worst lineup is blowup's, but even his has potential.

How very dare you sir!
"If you've got a knife on your person and you're not in a kitchen, you're going to jail. You're not going round your mate's house to slice a fucking pear are you?" - Noel Gallagher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users