10 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:15 AM

NASSAU, Bahamas – Authorities in the Bahamas have detained an island lawmaker and a paramedic in an alleged plot to extort money from actor John Travolta after the death of his son, police said Friday. One of the suspects, ambulance driver Tarino Lightbourne, was detained on Friday. Earlier, several tabloids quoted him describing efforts to revive the celebrity's chronically ill son, Jett, who died of a seizure this month at their family vacation home on Grand Bahama. Authorities did not reveal what the alleged extortion involved. Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston returned home to Florida with the ashes of their 16-year-old son, and Travolta's publicist Paul Bloch said Friday he has no comment. Sen. Pleasant Bridgewater, an attorney from Grand Bahama, has been held for questioning since Thursday, Senior Assistant Commissioner of Police Marvin Dames told The Associated Press. Dames said Lightbourne was detained after police issued an alert that he was wanted for attempted extortion, was "considered dangerous and should be approached with caution." Another member of the Bahamas parliament, Obie Wilchcombe, was aiding the investigation. Dames said Wilchcombe, a friend of the Travolta family, was brought to a police station to help authorities determine what charges if any to file against the two suspects.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#2 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:17 AM

Leave the dude alone! His kid died!
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#3 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:48 PM

Bahamas probes alleged plot to extort Travolta NASSAU, Bahamas - Authorities in the Bahamas have charged an island lawmaker and detained two other people in an alleged plot to extort money from actor John Travolta after the death of his son, police said Friday. Two of the suspects — ambulance driver Tarino Lightbourne and former tourism minister Obie Wilchcombe — were detained on Friday. Earlier, several tabloids quoted Lightbourne describing efforts to revive the celebrity's chronically ill son, Jett, who died of a seizure this month at their family vacation home on Grand Bahama. Sen. Pleasant Bridgewater, an attorney from Grand Bahama, was arrested on Thursday. She was charged with abetment to extort and conspiracy to extort and released Friday on $40,000 bail, according to Assistant Superintendent of Police Loretta Mackey. Authorities said Travolta filed a complaint of attempted extortion but they did not reveal what the allegations involved. The actor and his wife Kelly Preston returned home to Florida with the ashes of their 16-year-old son, and Travolta's publicist Paul Bloch said Friday that he has no comment. Senior Assistant Commissioner of Police Marvin Dames said Lightbourne — the ambulance driver — was detained after police issued an alert that he was wanted for attempted extortion, was "considered dangerous and should be approached with caution." Lightbourne remained in police custody late Friday and was assisting police, according to a police statement. Wilchcombe — a member of the Bahamas parliament and an ex-tourism minister — was arrested Friday in connection with the complaint, questioned by police and released "pending further investigations," Mackey said. Wilchcombe has described himself as a friend of Travolta who was with the actor shortly after his son died.

#4 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:44 PM

Just wrong!
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#5 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:49 PM

They should be holding that scilon fuck and his wife for criminal abuse, and manslaughter.

#6 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:53 PM

They should be holding that scilon fuck and his wife for criminal abuse, and manslaughter.

Elaborate.

#7 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:09 AM

Read up.

http://www.whyweprotest.net/en/

#8 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:11 AM

As much as I don't like the whole scino thing. There is know proof that I have seen that John and Kelly had anything to do with the death of their son.

#9 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:06 AM

As much as I don't like the whole scino thing. There is know proof that I have seen that John and Kelly had anything to do with the death of their son.

I concur.

#10 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:53 AM

The child had severe epilepsy. For the most part a treatable condition. That fucked up religion that they proscribe to prohibits meds for psychological conditions. They admitted to trying one med, and then stopped when the efficacy decreased. That is fairly normal in the treatment regime of that condition. Rather than use another med that, in all likelyhood, would have dramatically cut down on the seizures, They chose follow the teachings of a convicted felon and scam artist.

Their actions explicitly lead to the death of that child. If a Seventh Day Adventist prevented a child from a life saving blood transfusion, and that child died, they would be indicted.

These two are fucking scum that deserve long prison sentences for their abuse of that child. Their is a large, and growing, movement of activists dedicated to the eduction of the public about that cult... $cientology's tax exempt status is a fraud on the American people. There are many questionable deaths associated with this group.

EDIT: removed some of the invective

#11 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:43 AM

Cousin It is right. The Travolta's shoulder most of the blame for this one. Not much difference between them and a family of Jehovah's Witnesses who deny their children blood transfusions to live.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users