5 replies to this topic

#1 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:20 PM

I believe this is the smartest move by a champion boxer to get involved in MMA/UFC fighting. One it's good for boxing and MMA. De La Hoya is in a win win situation. He can learn some new stuff by watching the training of the MMA fighters if he chooses to continue boxing and financially it is huge for him. Especially if Fedor is beaten by someone trained to box by the last guy who beat De La Hoya. Any Thoughts?
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#2 One Way Ticket

One Way Ticket

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:24 PM

I think yeah, it's a great move financially, but it's time for the golden boy to hang up the gloves, his last 2 fights he has not been on his game and it really shows, he has proved himself already why risk anymore damage?
If you stay ready.....you never have to get ready!!!

#3 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:26 PM

I agree but IDK I think he may do one more?
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#4 One Way Ticket

One Way Ticket

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:27 PM

I wouldn't doubt it.
If you stay ready.....you never have to get ready!!!

#5 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:49 PM

That's why I say he may learn something over in MMA as far as foot work or striking or just training? Who knows. He also got in MMA when they were low too. Steroid and gambling stuff....He may clean up financially. If he does fight again, with the boxing and MMA crowd together the pay per view would be incredible. He would make so much money that he could do whatever he wishes to do. It's good for boxing as well of course because there isn't much going on in the big ring, other than heavy weights. Small venues like the one I was at last night is great because it's grass roots and brings in fresh blood. We'll see.

#6 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:32 PM

Golden Boy sponsored Rocky Balboa...I learned that this week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users