#16 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:46 PM

Do I need to see this in the theater or can I just wait until it comes out on DVD?

Do like I do, wait until it comes out on video.

Last movie I saw in the theater was "Brokeback" & even that I was dragged to kicking & screaming. I simply do not have the patience to endure a movie in a theater w/all the other loud annoying jerks. The comfort of my home is perfect. Of course, that is a serious hindrance to my Oscar ballot picks because most of them haven't come out on DVD by then, but I make do.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#17 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:54 PM

Do I need to see this in the theater or can I just wait until it comes out on DVD?

Last movie I saw in the theater was "Brokeback" & even that I was dragged to kicking & screaming. I simply do not have the patience to endure a movie in a theater w/all the other loud annoying jerks. The comfort of my home is perfect. Of course, that is a serious hindrance to my Oscar ballot picks because most of them haven't come out on DVD by then, but I make do.

Brokeback is an amazing movie for many reasons, one of which is the cinematography. Those shots were amazing and I wish I could have seen them on the big screen.

I rarely go to the theater anymore because I always end up asking somebody to shut up. I didn't pay to hear YOU talk asshole.

Last I saw was Inception I think. Other than that, unless it's something like Avatar or something I'm dying to see, I just wait. Movies can easily hit 40 bucks for 2 peeps these days, and half the time it's not worth it anyway, and that's even if the movie is good.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#18 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:05 PM

Brokeback is an amazing movie for many reasons, one of which is the cinematography. Those shots were amazing and I wish I could have seen them on the big screen.

I rarely go to the theater anymore because I always end up asking somebody to shut up. I didn't pay to hear YOU talk asshole.

Last I saw was Inception I think. Other than that, unless it's something like Avatar or something I'm dying to see, I just wait. Movies can easily hit 40 bucks for 2 peeps these days, and half the time it's not worth it anyway, and that's even if the movie is good.

You are correct about the cinematography in Brokeback, it is simply amazing. Those shots of all the sheep herding...beautiful. That whole movie is beautiful. But just to let you know, my friend & I recently watched it again on my only 32 inch tv flat screen & it was still amazing.

There were two movies I saw in the theater that led to my hatred of seeing movies in the theater: "Castaway"...a dude sitting behind me continuosly told his friend the many uses that each package Tom Hanks unwrapped could be used for.....apparently the guy was some ex-marine dude...or army...whatever.

Brokeback: the theater was getting packed so I leaned my arms on the seat in front of me as an indicator that noone should sit there, I was saving it for a friend...I really wasn't, I just didn't want anyone in front of me. That didn't work. Plus, there were people whispering & talking during certain moments...it was ridiculous.

#19 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:09 PM

You guys need to play hooky and go to movies in the early afternoon if you want to see a film on the big screen. That's when we go and there are rarely more than five-six old couples there. Posted Image

#20 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:20 PM

You guys need to play hooky and go to movies in the early afternoon if you want to see a film on the big screen. That's when we go and there are rarely more than five-six old couples there. Posted Image

I did that. I went to go see "About Schmidt" at our local avante-garde theater at 4:30 on a Thursday I think...by myself. I walked in, hardly anyone was there. I chose a seat way to the right, where the bad angles are. Almost the entire theater was empty, probably only 20 of us. Right before the movie started, a woman & her son came in & sat down in my row 5 seats away.....in the entire empty theater, that is where they chose to sit. Man, was I pissed.

#21 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:44 PM

bittorents are a hell of a thing.

#22 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:55 PM

That's when I saw Inception and Wall Street 2.

The other problem with movies in theaters is so many of them suck now. So unless EVERYBODY and I mean EVERYBODY is raving about it, I don't even consider it.

The talkers are the worst though, shut up!!! My wife told some talkers to shut up during Don Rickles a couple of weeks ago. It was awesome "I'm sorry, but can you not talk? Thanks, sorry."
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#23 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:56 PM

also those damn people texting during the fucking film .. all you see is their fucking phone light...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users