24 replies to this topic

#1 Abaddon

Abaddon

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:54 PM

I think I definitely want Here Comes A Regular by The Replacements. What you having?
"Go ahead, try anything - because you can't fuck up 'Louie, Louie'." --Chris Dahlenhttp://foodstotrybef....wordpress.com/

#2 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:14 PM

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#3 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:15 PM

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAdlZ2F-fs8[/url]
Show me your dragon magic

#4 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:21 PM

My husband and I are going with Gene Autry's Happy Trails at our funerals. It's always been kind of our theme song and a line from the song will go on our tombstone...."happy trails to you until we meet again." Considering neither one of us believes in heaven or hell it will confuse the heck out of any family who comes visit our grave. Posted Image

#5 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:22 PM

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI0Q8ytD44Y[/url]
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#6 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:40 PM

That's a great choice for a funeral.

#7 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Michigan

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:36 PM

My husband and I are going with Gene Autry's Happy Trails at our funerals. It's always been kind of our theme song and a line from the song will go on our tombstone...."happy trails to you until we meet again." Considering neither one of us believes in heaven or hell it will confuse the heck out of any family who comes visit our grave. Posted Image

I like that!

Me, of course, there's going to have to be some GnR.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcWTTs8QVRc[/url]

#8 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:25 AM

That's a great choice for a funeral.

I've loved that song since I was a kid (Rubber Soul was my first album ever, my parents) and later thought it would be a great way to close out my life.

#9 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:48 AM

I just don't ponder about these things, I guess. My son does though. He's already told me and his BF that he wants the Spice Girls played....and lots of glitter and sparkles. Yes. And to be wrapped in a sheet and buried under the apple tree in the yard. And if the house is sold to a franchise, then he wants the spot to remain - tree and all. I'm all for that.

#10 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:49 AM

I wonder if that's legal? Probably not.

#11 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:04 AM

I just don't ponder about these things, I guess.

My son does though. He's already told me and his BF that he wants the Spice Girls played....and lots of glitter and sparkles. Yes. And to be wrapped in a sheet and buried under the apple tree in the yard. And if the house is sold to a franchise, then he wants the spot to remain - tree and all. I'm all for that.

Spice Girls...haha, that's awesome. And it's also funny because the last funeral I was at, it occurred to me that it was really lacking...glitter and sparkles. Posted Image

#12 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:05 AM

I wonder if that's legal? Probably not.

Bah, every time I wonder if something is legal I just do what I want anyway. Seems to have worked fairly well for me so far...

#13 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:19 AM

My son does though. He's already told me and his BF that he wants the Spice Girls played....and lots of glitter and sparkles. Yes. And to be wrapped in a sheet and buried under the apple tree in the yard. And if the house is sold to a franchise, then he wants the spot to remain - tree and all. I'm all for that.

Spice Girls...haha, that's awesome. And it's also funny because the last funeral I was at, it occurred to me that it was really lacking...glitter and sparkles. Posted Image

You know? Funerals shouldn't be sad. Yes, it's sad for everyone there, yet it should be a kind of fun celebration of another passage in life. No holds barred.

#14 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:36 AM

I agree. Although if somebody dies younger, or totally unexpected I think it would be harder to see it in a positive manner. If my wife died tomorrow in a car wreck it would be difficult for me to celebrate her life ya know?

#15 Abaddon

Abaddon

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:58 AM

When I was a teenager, I had my whole funeral planned out. Five songs in total. Can't remember the lot, but I was going to be wheeled in to the Russian national anthem, not because I'm Russian or anything, but because 1) it's an awesome anthem and I like its grandeur 2) it'd amuse me to think of everyone sat there wondering why the fuck I was coming in to some random national anthem.

Then at some point I was going to have a really long song, like the 16-minute version of The End by The Doors, or the full 22-minute version of Autobahn by Kraftwerk, again because I think it'd be funny just to make everyone sit there for ages.

And I was also going to have Ain't It Fun by The Dead Boys, which I might well still have, but I don't think it fits me as much now I'm a responsible, soon-to-be-married office manager with a mortgage.
"Go ahead, try anything - because you can't fuck up 'Louie, Louie'." --Chris Dahlenhttp://foodstotrybef....wordpress.com/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users