#16 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:53 PM

The important thing to remember is you have to have a loyal person taking control of your funeral. If you have like a religious parent or something, all your wishes get blown to hell because they'll want the monotone priest lording it over your funeral instead of all the cool shit you specifically requested. Remember that! When I went to Malaysia, I emailed my two best friends exactly what I wanted done at my funeral & who could get what if the plane went down. I believe Duran Duran was on my funeral wish-list.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#17 BlowUpYourVideo

BlowUpYourVideo

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:18 PM

I was going to be wheeled in to the Russian national anthem, not because I'm Russian or anything, but because 1) it's an awesome anthem and I like its grandeur 2) it'd amuse me to think of everyone sat there wondering why the fuck I was coming in to some random national anthem.

HAHAHA Posted Image

I'm currently listening to No Surprises by Radiohead. How about that?
"If you've got a knife on your person and you're not in a kitchen, you're going to jail. You're not going round your mate's house to slice a fucking pear are you?" - Noel Gallagher

#18 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:25 PM

abaddon I like the idea of the russian national anthem. that would get a few people going for sure.
this one is played here in the islands at funerals. brother iz" has such a sweet soulful voice
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_YfyKahP-0[/url]

#19 delusianne

delusianne

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:53 PM

I just don't ponder about these things, I guess.

My son does though. He's already told me and his BF that he wants the Spice Girls played....and lots of glitter and sparkles. Yes. And to be wrapped in a sheet and buried under the apple tree in the yard. And if the house is sold to a franchise, then he wants the spot to remain - tree and all. I'm all for that.

When I was a teenager, I had my whole funeral planned out. Five songs in total. Can't remember the lot, but I was going to be wheeled in to the Russian national anthem, not because I'm Russian or anything, but because 1) it's an awesome anthem and I like its grandeur 2) it'd amuse me to think of everyone sat there wondering why the fuck I was coming in to some random national anthem.

Then at some point I was going to have a really long song, like the 16-minute version of The End by The Doors, or the full 22-minute version of Autobahn by Kraftwerk, again because I think it'd be funny just to make everyone sit there for ages.

And I was also going to have Ain't It Fun by The Dead Boys, which I might well still have, but I don't think it fits me as much now I'm a responsible, soon-to-be-married office manager with a mortgage.

Hey! I just posted a video of the Red Army Chorus doing the Russian NA somewhere else here. And congratulations on soon to be married!
I agree with everyone who said funerals should be celebrations, if you've lived a long life. Wouldn't it be great to have a New Orleans type funeral! Also like the idea of a wake, with the neighbors sitting up with my corpse in the parlor all night, lit by candles, fixing cups of tea.
I really don't want the standard flavorless mortician-church-limos goodbye but have never looked seriously into the alternatives, if there even are any. (I smell money, in some suburban version of a NO funeral!) After seeing a great movie that reminded me of my own life at the time, "Where the Lilies Bloom," I got all contemplative and told my children I wanted them to make my coffin themselves, and I'd find the right place for them to bury me -- on some lonely remote mountain -- and they'd have to get me up there and do it themselves at night, in secret. They just sighed.
I guess we *should* make plans, ya never know.

#20 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:37 PM

Free- Zac Brown is one for sure..get back to you about the rest

#21 MrsBrisby

MrsBrisby

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:07 PM

I like the Beatles song In My Life too Into the Mystic by Van Morrison and Happy Everafter in Your Eyes by Ben Harper would be nice.

#22 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:04 PM

omg I absolutely LOVE Ben Harper..and love that song! Picture in a Frame- Ben Harper

#23 BlowUpYourVideo

BlowUpYourVideo

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:59 PM

I think I'd like my funeral to be somewhat positive and/or upbeat. Stop Crying Your Heart Out by Oasis might be a good one, it has a fairly positive message.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QyVil0dwhk[/url]
"If you've got a knife on your person and you're not in a kitchen, you're going to jail. You're not going round your mate's house to slice a fucking pear are you?" - Noel Gallagher

#24 Abaddon

Abaddon

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:15 PM

Hey! I just posted a video of the Red Army Chorus doing the Russian NA somewhere else here. And congratulations on soon to be married!

Cheers! A version by the Red Army Chorus was actually what I was thinking of. The only national anthem I've ever listened to as if it's any other song - great stuff!

When I hear New Orleans funeral, all that springs to mind is this:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQUs8RlsQ14[/url]

Not a bad note to go out on...
"Go ahead, try anything - because you can't fuck up 'Louie, Louie'." --Chris Dahlenhttp://foodstotrybef....wordpress.com/

#25 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:08 PM

I like the Beatles song In My Life too

Into the Mystic by Van Morrison and Happy Everafter in Your Eyes by Ben Harper would be nice.

I love van morrision. into the mystic is stellar!
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpPSBzGEklE[/url]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users