75 replies to this topic

#1 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:17 AM

I'd give anything to see these people wake up on May 22nd.

Road Trip To The End Of The World

If you thought you had less than three perfectly healthy months to live, what would you do? Would you travel? Spend time with loved ones? Appreciate the joy life has given you? Or would you ditch your kids and grandkids, join strangers in a caravan of RVs and travel the country warning people about the end of the world?

They gave away cars, pets, music collections and more to relatives, friends and neighbors. Some items they kicked to the curb. In homes that weren't emptied, clothes are still hanging in closets, and dishes, books and furniture -- including one man's antique collection -- are gathering dust. Unless, of course, they've been claimed by others. If you believe it's all going to be over soon, why would it matter if you close the front door, much less lock it, when you walk away?

Fave quote: "My favorite pastime is coon hunting," Larsen says, referring to the raccoons he targets in rural Kansas. "I had to give that up, but this is far more important."

#2 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:34 AM

I'm still waiting for the mea culpa from those that claimed the planet would asplode in a methane volcano with vast lakes of oil forming a hydrocarbon tital wave that would kill everyone along the Gulf coast. Posted Image

#3 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:52 AM

We are all GOING TO DIEEEEEEEEEEE !!!

#4 Abaddon

Abaddon

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:28 PM

One of my aunties is a nun and she spent quite a few years living at a holy site in Jerusalem. At the end of 1999, a bunch of Americans came to stay there, believing Jerusalem to be the place to be when the world ended as the clocks hit midnight and the year 2000 began. As all the other guests were preparing for the usual New Year's celebrations, this group of people all just went up to the roof of the building and sat clockwatching, waiting for the world to end. After a few hours of nothing happening, they came back downstairs and my aunt asked them what happened. They just shrugged and said that the real start of the millennium might be 2001, so they probably just got the date wrong. Going off this story, I reckon all these fucking nutjobs waiting for May 21st will probably just come up with a similar bullshit excuse and find themselves another date to wait for.
"Go ahead, try anything - because you can't fuck up 'Louie, Louie'." --Chris Dahlenhttp://foodstotrybef....wordpress.com/

#5 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:53 PM

Going off this story, I reckon all these fucking nutjobs waiting for May 21st will probably just come up with a similar bullshit excuse and find themselves another date to wait for.

Kind of like what the Seventh Day Adventists have been doing for the last 150+ years.

#6 Felina

Felina

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

The Scientologists have some sort of an underground facility near Las Vegas, NM. it's usppposed to protect all of their writings so that when the alien invaders return they can be schooled right. No firm dates on their arrival, though.
"You will never have a pirate ship they cost millions moron."

#7 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:12 PM

Going off this story, I reckon all these fucking nutjobs waiting for May 21st will probably just come up with a similar bullshit excuse and find themselves another date to wait for.

Kind of like what the Seventh Day Adventists have been doing for the last 150+ years.

Isn't that the truth. What's up with that? We have friends that are Jehovah's Witness, and they are very progressive thinking people that have modified their beliefs to work in 2011, well all except for that pesky little thang about armageddon.

#8 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:17 PM

If you ever browse through the rapture forums you'll see that most of these people hate Obama and see him as a "sign" of the end. They also seem to hate the world we live in, and often wish for the rapture now, or express sadness when a date passes and it didn't happen. Here's a typical quote in regards to the rapture date: [blockquote]Re: Harold Camping: Date-Setting Madness May 21 is OK but today would be better.[/blockquote]
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#9 Jill

Jill

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:40 PM

I hope that's all they do. I remember all too well, the nutjobs that were sure the world was going to end and they needed to hop a ride on the comet Hale-Bopp. They committed mass suicide in a house in San Diego. It was so gross.

http://en.wikipedia....eligious_group)

#10 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:48 PM

I wish there would be a rapture. Leave this planet to the sane, intelligent, rational people who might actually conspire to make the human race continue and thrive and sustain itself within reasonable limits until we can colonize other planets.
Show me your dragon magic

#11 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:11 AM

That's what I always say. Can't we take these zealots and have them all live together where they can destroy each other in one place. Why ruin it for the rest of us?

#12 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:00 PM

Damn this is only a couple of days away, and I still haven't got drunk with Lisa....

#13 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:27 PM

Damn this is only a couple of days away, and I still haven't got drunk with Lisa....

Always a bridesmaid and never a bride.

#14 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

Are y'all ready?

#15 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:06 PM

Are y'all ready?

I'm so ready to chat with the lunatics giving out rapture literature at Atlantic/Pacific St subway station in Brooklyn on May 22nd

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users