85 replies to this topic

#76 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:34 AM

It is said the Morton was quite the ladies man, and that he got his start working the brothels of New Orleans as a teen.

#77 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:51 AM

You damn gleen beck fan!!!

#78 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:54 AM

You damn gleen beck fan!!!

That's like the biggest insult you could give....well, that & Palin.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#79 BlowUpYourVideo

BlowUpYourVideo

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:41 AM

Twatbag.
"If you've got a knife on your person and you're not in a kitchen, you're going to jail. You're not going round your mate's house to slice a fucking pear are you?" - Noel Gallagher

#80 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:49 PM

http://www.healthnew...com/blog/418111

The Telegraph reports on a study by scientists at Keele University that found swearing can reduce pain.
In the ridiculous experiment, student volunteers were required to put their hand in a bucket of ice water. They then were told to either swear repeatedly or utter nonsense phrases.
The students were able to keep their hand in the icy water longer when they were swearing than when they uttered nonsense words. The researchers also found the swearing was much more effective with students who normally did not swear much.
The researchers believe the swearing may triggger both emotional and physical responses that enable students to resist pain longer. You can't swear indefinitely - and the effects of swearing would diminish over time - so it really isn't a great pain battling strategy.
Note: This appears to have been either a recycled article about the study or the second time the experiement has been conducted. There was also an article out about this study in 2009. If the experiment is being repeated, the reason could be that the researchers enjoy making students put their hands in buckets of ice water and curse. The next time this experiment is conducted we want video.
Show me your dragon magic

#81 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:40 AM

http://www.healthnew...com/blog/418111

The Telegraph reports on a study by scientists at Keele University that found swearing can reduce pain.
In the ridiculous experiment, student volunteers were required to put their hand in a bucket of ice water. They then were told to either swear repeatedly or utter nonsense phrases.
The students were able to keep their hand in the icy water longer when they were swearing than when they uttered nonsense words. The researchers also found the swearing was much more effective with students who normally did not swear much.
The researchers believe the swearing may triggger both emotional and physical responses that enable students to resist pain longer. You can't swear indefinitely - and the effects of swearing would diminish over time - so it really isn't a great pain battling strategy.
Note: This appears to have been either a recycled article about the study or the second time the experiement has been conducted. There was also an article out about this study in 2009. If the experiment is being repeated, the reason could be that the researchers enjoy making students put their hands in buckets of ice water and curse. The next time this experiment is conducted we want video.

I tired this while watching Glenn Beck one night, I found it works.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#82 Abaddon

Abaddon

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:07 PM

I went to a very strict (and quite posh) school. The headmaster took a very dim view of swearing, but conceded that it could be acceptable should, for a example, "a cricket ball hit you in the eye".
"Go ahead, try anything - because you can't fuck up 'Louie, Louie'." --Chris Dahlenhttp://foodstotrybef....wordpress.com/

#83 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:21 PM

I went to a very strict (and quite posh) school. The headmaster took a very dim view of swearing, but conceded that it could be acceptable should, for a example, "a cricket ball hit you in the eye".

And what would the acceptable expletive be for such an occurance?

#84 BlowUpYourVideo

BlowUpYourVideo

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:53 PM

"Oh, balls!"
"If you've got a knife on your person and you're not in a kitchen, you're going to jail. You're not going round your mate's house to slice a fucking pear are you?" - Noel Gallagher

#85 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:27 PM

"Oh, balls!"

Or "bollocks"!

#86 Abaddon

Abaddon

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:57 PM

I'm afraid he didn't specify. Fuck is always my go-to word though for injuries. Bollocks is more if I make a mistake, or if I'm calling someone on their bullshit.
"Go ahead, try anything - because you can't fuck up 'Louie, Louie'." --Chris Dahlenhttp://foodstotrybef....wordpress.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users