60 replies to this topic

#1 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:57 PM

I didn't see a thread about TV shows we watch so I am making one. This is the movie section but whatever, it's close enough. I am totally hooked on this new series Fringe. It used to be on after House which was awesome but now the poor show is stuck on after Idol. Guess they need ratings. Either way, I find it to be almost a modern day X-Files, more science, no ghosts.
You Commie, Homo Loving Sons of Guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:30 PM

Currently watching: Battlestar Galactica - didn't think I'd like it but a friend persuaded me to try it, and we got totally hooked. Looks like the end of the story is going to be very depressing based on the first two episodes. 24 - The last season sucked, but this one is pretty good so far. Sarah Connor Chronicles - back soon, much better than I thought it would be. Is anyone watching Life on Mars? The UK original is a masterpiece, one of my favourite ever shows - saw the first show in the US remake and it was horrible....did it get better?
Show me your dragon magic

#3 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:39 PM

Life on Mars is OK. I like it but, it can be predictable at times. Still good to watch. I agree 24 is better than last year. I like NCIS and The Unit. I only really like the NYC and Miami CSI's though?? I could never get into the Nevada CSI, although there were a couple of good ones and I like the actors??? 2 1/2 men is a funny show. I haven't seen the Fringe yet. Oh The Mentalists I think is a great show. It's a con conning for good and it's serious but light.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#4 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:42 PM

I really don't watch much tv. The Office, 60 Minutes, Stewart (although not lately) and SNL off the top of my head. The Missus watches all the popular stuff, but I'm out of the loop. Too busy buying plaid pants and white shoes I guess...
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#5 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:51 PM

Hey Smails I bet you 100 bucks you slice it.... Hrmph..I never slice as the ball sails into the trees. Yes plaid pants and white shoes.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#6 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:04 PM

I tried to watch Life on Mars and couldn't get into it at all.

#7 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:39 AM

Six Feet Under It's the best.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#8 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:32 AM

6 Feet Under was an amazing show. I also love True Blood.

#9 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:56 AM

6 Feet Under was an amazing show.

Yeah, I don't get all the hype around Dexter.

Michael C. Hall is terrific as always, but other than that, it just fells like CSI: Miami with a serial killer for one of the cops.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#10 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:23 PM

Really? I love Dexter. Watched all 3 seasons over a few weeks. I can't watch CSI Miami without cracking up every time David Caruso speaks. He is like a parody of himself.

#11 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:26 PM

Really? I love Dexter. Watched all 3 seasons over a few weeks.

I can't watch CSI Miami without cracking up every time David Caruso speaks. He is like a parody of himself.

I gave up after the first season, so maybe I'm missing out, lol.

And yeah, Caruso is without a doubt the worst actor ever.

#12 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:20 PM

Really? I love Dexter. Watched all 3 seasons over a few weeks.

I can't watch CSI Miami without cracking up every time David Caruso speaks. He is like a parody of himself.

Well Frank....

#13 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:32 PM

*puts on sunglasses as slow as humanly possible*

#14 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 02:30 PM

I am bringing back this thread because I have no life and am downloading tons of TV series. I just finished up Californication and will probably finish up Life on Mars BBC today so what else should I watch? I have a torrent running for Ashes to Ashes and State of Play BBC now but I can finish these shows up pretty fast these days.

#15 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 05 April 2009 - 02:49 PM

Spooks/MI-5 and the revamped Dr Who are other recent BBC shows I like. Edge of Darkness is fantastic, though it builds very slowly. A couple of other watchable BBC miniseries if you like thrillers are The Last Enemy and The State Within.
Show me your dragon magic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users