47 replies to this topic

#16 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:50 AM

I agree with you and while you make a point about China Towns, how many chinese put extreme pressure on their children to become integrated into mainstream america and to be successful? How many of them adopt english sounding names like John or Sue? With regard to military service, I agree with you 100%. Personally the last thing I want is a draft style system where people enlist who don't really want to be there. I can imagine the atmosphere would be quite similar in academia as you said. The military does need to downsize, but some form of contribution and good faith towards supporting the American nation needs to be shown if we're going to allow people who openly broke our laws get rewarded with citizenship in the wealthiest, most powerful and arguably greatest nation in the world. If there is never a penalty or costs for coming here, then what is to stop more people from coming and creating a second round of illegal immigrants waiting for a second chance at amnesty? My proposed idea is by no means a perfect solution or even ideal by my own standards, but I was trying to think of a framework that both parties could get behind.
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#17 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

On a personal note, I'm going to get an up close and personal view of this issue in about 3 months. I just got orders moving me to El Paso for several months before I go for an all expenses paid trip to Afghanistan for a year. I'm just thrilled.Posted Image

#18 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:58 AM

On a personal note, I'm going to get an up close and personal view of this issue in about 3 months. I just got orders moving me to El Paso for several months before I go for an all expenses paid trip to Afghanistan for a year. I'm just thrilled.Posted Image

Well that's shit. Sorry.

#19 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:31 PM

I looked it up. Chicano isn't a bad word. And while a hard work ethic is certainly desireable, in the aspect of day laborers, labor itself is not exactly a skill set. Fulling the role of unskilled labor does not a skillset make.

Actually chicano can be considered derogatory. I too looked it up.

So what you are claiming is that all of the mexicans that come here are worthless, am I correct? No redeeming qualities whatsoever. Never mind the fact that there are millions of citizens who go to work day after day, the same as mexicans do, & aren't considered the brightest stars or the most ambitious. You know, all those people who aren't doctors, lawyers, ceo's. Are they considered worthless as well?
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#20 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:43 PM

No, I never said mexicans are worthless. I said the skillsets illegals bring are worthless. Unskilled labor is not a skillset. It is by its very definition, something that lacks skill. I don't know too many illegals coming over to be doctors, teachers or engineers. But since you're not interested in an intelligent, and civil conversation, I'm not going to take your bait.

#21 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

Sorry to hear that, best of luck/skill over there.
Show me your dragon magic

#22 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:49 PM

No, I never said mexicans are worthless. I said the skillsets illegals bring are worthless. Unskilled labor is not a skillset. It is by its very definition, something that lacks skill. I don't know too many illegals coming over to be doctors, teachers or engineers. But since you're not interested in an intelligent, and civil conversation, I'm not going to take your bait.

You're hilarious, you actually gave me a minus rep point? Gosh I'm so hurt over that Flagg.

Do you know all of the mexicans coming here & what their career goals are? I'm thinking you don't so that's a pretty useless assumption on your part, isn't it?

As far as intelligent conversation, maybe you'll get it when you discontinue your constant homophobia & prejudices against others.

#23 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

There's a reason why they don't come here legally and apply for work visas. The skillsets they possess are utterly worthless. If you want to make an argument about labor, I'll gladly participate. Part of the reason Mexican labor is so cheap is because compared with union labor, they work much harder, and faster for a much lower wage. Everytime some union contractor ups his wage and take 10 hours to do a 2 hour job, he just made the likelihood of some chicano getting the next round of work.

First you say mexicans have worthless skillsets. Then you comment how much of a harder & faster worker they are.....so what is it? You consider that worthless? I don't. And you actually said chicano? Nice.

12 years ago when I was doing commercial projects for construction companies I would get $2.00-2.50/sq. ft. on the framing, and .12/ft for any board that was hanged. I made a decent living doing it... around that time, I started seeing Hispanics bidding 1.25/ft and .08/ft for the same work. How do you suppose they were able to undercut the going rate?

Now, don't get me wrong, I am for immigration, but when fuckers start taking bread from my table, I draw the line.

#24 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:57 PM

The issue of integration and assimilation has a flip side though. As an English-speaking immigrant I have found some areas of the country to be more welcoming and conducive to inclusion than others. I can't imagine a non-English speaker, especially one lacking in confidence and education gets the welcome mat and countless dinner invitations wherever they move to. I am always amazed by people living here who cannot speak English, and don't appear to make the effort. But for me it's more from the point of view of feeling isolated, or being able to cope than anything else. I really don't much care. Before I left South Africa there were 11 official languages, so I can cope with 2 if need be.

#25 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:01 PM

The issue of integration and assimilation has a flip side though. As an English-speaking immigrant I have found some areas of the country to be more welcoming and conducive to inclusion than others. I can't imagine a non-English speaker, especially one lacking in confidence and education gets the welcome mat and countless dinner invitations wherever they move to.

I am always amazed by people living here who cannot speak English, and don't appear to make the effort. But for me it's more from the point of view of feeling isolated, or being able to cope than anything else. I really don't much care. Before I left South Africa there were 11 official languages, so I can cope with 2 if need be.

I've never understood the american aversion to learning a different language. Why is it considered so disdainful to be bilingual? It's like a whole pompous attitude "we're the best in the world, we have no need to learn another language", it's bizarre.

I can see why many people come here & don't speak the language, it takes awhile to learn a different language. Especially when you're older, they say it's even more difficult w/age. I would definitely make an effort to learn french if I moved to France say, but I'd be unrealistic to think that it would come magically w/in just a couple months or even say a year.

#26 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:03 PM

You're hilarious, you actually gave me a minus rep point? Gosh I'm so hurt over that Flagg.

Do you know all of the mexicans coming here & what their career goals are? I'm thinking you don't so that's a pretty useless assumption on your part, isn't it?

As far as intelligent conversation, maybe you'll get it when you discontinue your constant homophobia & prejudices against others.

And here's how it's done folks. When you can't argue with someone on merit or idea, just call them xenophobic or the ultimate trump card, racist, and that ends all discussion!

#27 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:04 PM

I can see why many people come here & don't speak the language, it takes awhile to learn a different language. Especially when you're older, they say it's even more difficult w/age. I would definitely make an effort to learn french if I moved to France say, but I'd be unrealistic to think that it would come magically w/in just a couple months or even say a year.

We know a Thai lady in Seattle, she has been in the U.S. over 30 years, and not one single word of English. Now honestly, it does not bother me in the least, but it wouldn't work for me.

#28 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:07 PM

And here's how it's done folks. When you can't argue with someone on merit or idea, just call them xenophobic or the ultimate trump card, racist, and that ends all discussion!

I'm not ending the conversation at all. I call it like I see it flagg, not my problem if the truth offends you. You've on multiple times posted homophobic or prejudiced things & when you get called out on it, you completely backtrack or try to twist things. Where did I call you a racist in my post?

#29 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:13 PM

Here is how I envision a conversation with wedjat would go if one were to discuss immigration with her in person:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDgfOroVmMk[/url]

Show me one homophobic statement that I made. Not something where you don't like the truth, like that gay sex is statisically much more likely to result in STDs. Something where I met the definition of homophobia "an extreme and irrational aversion to homosexuality and homosexual people." Taken from the Oxford dictionary.

#30 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:13 PM

We know a Thai lady in Seattle, she has been in the U.S. over 30 years, and not one single word of English. Now honestly, it does not bother me in the least, but it wouldn't work for me.

I couldn't do that either. It's almost like not knowing how to read. I wonder if she actually does know english, I mean she's been here for 30 years for cripes sake, & just prefers to never speak it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users